Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What do Greeks, and non-greeks alike, think of this site and it's claims?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aksakallicocuk View Post
    Hello albanian acatziri? Do you believe ghosts too?
    A lot of things on that list are true. Albanian has been pretty much linked to anything related to Pelasgians from Etruscans, Messapians, Colchians to Sumerians.

If Albanians and Greeks have a common ancestor than so do Italians. And we overlap with Italians yet how do we really relate to them historically that had a impact on eachothers genepools if it's not for those things mentioned above?

Last Online
    09-02-2022 @ 07:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Albania R1b
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Albanians
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R-PH544
    mtDNA
    J1C
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,527
    Given: 905

2 Not allowed!

Too late, stories full false patriotism have muted the truth ... we are all mind prisoners that not accept a other version as the patriotic version of the story ... and every people has the parrot version, we are stronger, we are the heroic, we are indigenous, we are the best, we are pure race, and ..and ..this is very important...we' are not like our neighbors..they are bad, stupid, criminals,retards,monsters, etc,etc, Why then to get tired to open this site? Alea jacta est...hatred shines among us...Nobody has interesse to 1 Albano-Greco federation,to big for the slavs of Balkans, Italia lost influence...
    Last edited by Geni; 07-07-2015 at 11:06 AM.

"Shqiptar i vėrtetė e i mirė ėshtė ay qė vė gjithėnjė e kurėdo kombėrinė pėrpara fesė, nuk ka vėllezėr ata qė ka nė besėn e tij, por ata qė ka nė kombėri tė tij.” – Sami Frashėri"
    "A true and good Albanian is the one who always and everywhere puts the nation before the religion, there are no brothers who are in his faith, but those who are in his nation." - Sami Frashėri "

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alban
    Ethnicity
    Tosk
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 396

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PassionforPerfection View Post
    If proto-albanian was using the Greek alphabet and it looked like ancient greek then maybe there are inscriptions. Cause that's the only kind of inscriptions you see in Greek archeological sites.
    Alphabet doesn't matter; when you write in greeklish it's still Greek, not English.

Anyway, the interpretation that Greeks and Albanians are "brothers" can't answer many questions. What is true however, is that there is a significant percentage of Albanians in Greece, and that the Greek language being coined after Christ, has borrowed a lot of words from Albanian.

Banned Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-16-2018 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, German & Scandinavian-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Swedish, Norwegian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    KN/Alpinid or KN/minor Baltid
    Politics
    Left-wing
    Religion
    Atheist/philosophical Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,239
    Given: 10,259

1 Not allowed!

So, if Albanians are so happy that they share common origin with Greeks, I will be happy too because I share common origin with both of them. Both descendants of Neolithic farmer, Indo-European, etc. all Europeans have the same origin except North Euros have more Mesolithic hunter-gather and ancient North Eurasian. But we are all the same. Why try to divide us so much?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    High-quality
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,391
    Given: 6,153

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grünmann View Post
    So, if Albanians are so happy that they share common origin with Greeks, I will be happy too because I share common origin with both of them. Both descendants of Neolithic farmer, Indo-European, etc. all Europeans have the same origin except North Euros have more Mesolithic hunter-gather and ancient North Eurasian. But we are all the same. Why try to divide us so much?
    We're not. Greeks have insisted that we are ( and still do with the tosks) and Albanians have refused. Greek priests used to around South Albania and preaching people they would go to hell if they didnt speak greek and even that didnt work. Whatever common origin we might have is far to ancient to count.

Banned Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-16-2018 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, German & Scandinavian-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Swedish, Norwegian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    KN/Alpinid or KN/minor Baltid
    Politics
    Left-wing
    Religion
    Atheist/philosophical Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,239
    Given: 10,259

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    We're not. Greeks have insisted that we are ( and still do with the tosks) and Albanians have refused. Greek priests used to around South Albania and preaching people they would go to hell if they didnt speak greek and even that didnt work. Whatever common origin we might have is far to ancient to count.
    I see.

This Shqipe fellow seems to want to be related to Greeks though.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 01:31 PM
    Country
    Norway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

I see.

This Shqipe fellow seems to want to be related to Greeks though.
    So I can choose who I want to be related to?

Who said I'm happy? It's about claiming what is ours. On this forum you can see some Albanians doubting their own Illyrian origin because Slavs told them they are not, meanwhile, I connect the dots. During the Greek War of independence you pretty much had a bunch of south Albanians who identified with greeks, go tell them.

I don't have a interest for a Albanian-Greek federation. In some cases with some of their blockhead nationalist types I have to deal with them like I deal with some Serbians, I get into fights with Greeks before because of this and I'm a kosovar? Do you see Albanians in other regions identify with us Kosovars and sympathize? When I read how greeks slaughtered the chams how can I want a Albanian-Greek federation? Yet you see other Albanians outside Kosovo who are neutral towards Serbs. I'm not telling these Albs to hate Greeks or Serbs but you don't go and lick their asses.

Sometimes I don''t even know if a unification of Albanian regions would end up good.
    Last edited by Shqipez; 07-08-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

1 Not allowed!

Pelasgians = various local heterogeneous caveman assimilated by Ancient Greeks/Indo-Europeans.

This is similar to early Golden Dawn literature (as has been posted here ad nauseum, I suppose).

Which in turn goes back to some other 19th Century theories utilized to try and absorb you guys into Greeks.

Until Kristo Dako basically said no, just Albanians were Pelasgians, coinciding with the Albanian national Awakening in the 20th Century. Basically, this theory will make a province of Albania, more or less.
    Last edited by Scholarios; 07-08-2015 at 07:48 AM.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Last Online
    07-05-2021 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    'White American'
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Mediterranean
    Ancestry
    Europe of course
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J2b2*
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Alpo-EasternMed
    Politics
    I don't do politics
    Hero
    Spartacus, Jesse James, Achilles, Avicenna, Zoroaster, Gautama Buddha, Christ, Nietzsche, Hitler
    Religion
    Philosophical and Spiritual Panentheist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 604
    Given: 140

0 Not allowed!

Looks like some BS Hellenas would spam.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-09-2022 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic, Iberian
    Ancestry
    Iberia, Hellas
    Country
    Uruguay
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,035
    Given: 1,241

0 Not allowed!

The only thing I agree is that Greeks and Albanians are the only original balkanites.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information