Belarusian
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 734

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    By mother of all Slavs I don't mean present time but historically. Russia has always been the most populous and the most known Slavic country who spread far and wide Slavic culture and made the most impact on the world. I think most Slavs originated from somewhere in Russia too. But that doesn't mean that Russia today is the representative of all Slavic countries nor that all Slavic countries are uniform and similar. It is also undertandable why other Slavic countries want to disassociate themselves from the Russian oligarchs as Russia is not a fully democratic country. It's just that some Slavs overdo it and only find faults at Russia, not acknowledging the fact that Russia sacrificied a significant part of its population defending their countries from the Nazis.
    Russia was not always the largest historically. It was large and dominant beginning from Peter the Great era. Other Slavs don't associate themselves with Russia not because of the Russian oligarchs. Slavs did not originate in Russia as per common consensus among Slavic historians including Russian historians and archaeologists. Two most common hypotheses on Slavs origins point to Ukraine and Poland.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

5 Not allowed!

By mother of all Slavs I don't mean present time but historically.
    First Slavic country was located mainly in present day Czech Republic.

Kievan Rus, as "Rus" mostly (and wrongly) connected only with Russia, was not exactly Russia. Those Vikings who came there created a country (from tribes who lived there) and located capital city in Novigrad. Later it was moved to Kiev. It is mostly connected with Ukraine than Russia, due to territories, for example. Of course, Russian have right to seek their roots there, but: founders were from Scandinavia, was located mostly in Belarus and Ukraine (and some parts of Poland and Russia). Capital city of Russian Federation was created in 12th century. It was firstly a capital city of Muscovy Duchy (13th century). Muscovites were first "true Slavic Russians", because later they conquered vulnerable tribes of Siberians and other people (hundreds years later, being also defeated by Mongols).

In 12th century, there were already typically Ruthenian principalities, Kingdom of Poland, Czechs and other Slavic countries.

So no. Historically, Russia is young.

It's just that some Slavs overdo it and only find faults at Russia, not acknowledging the fact that Russia sacrificied a significant part of its population defending their countries from the Nazis.
    Sacrificed? Read about Ribentropp-Molotov Pact first, before you say such stuff to prove your claims. They invaded Poland to support Nazis. We had even a chance to win. Slight, but still a chance. If we would win (if not Russians) then maybe there will be even no World War II. Russians destroyed that hope. And during march on Berlin in 1945 they sacrified also many Poles. My grandmother's brother was working on a field when Red Army came and take him with them, forcing him to fight for "mother Russia". Only he and two other guys from his "group" survived. So please, do not spread such bullshit here, while the only people who shall be blamed for such "sacrifice" are Russians themselves.

You are anti-panslavic because now you are in the EU and you are treated better (your voice is heard more) than you would be treated outside the EU.
    No. I am anti-panslavic, because I hate Russia. Check the thread here about Belarusians speaking in Russian language and look, who gave me minuses. I don't give a fuck about minuses, but this will show you, why Poles do not have good opinion about Russians. I hate them and despise them - after invading Ukraine it is the only nation I truly hate. But Poles hate Russians in general for: frequent invasions, killing Poles, multiple genocides, russification, betrayals, communism.

In EU I am treated as moron. I Russia I would be treated as slave. I hate both options, we were betrayed by either West and East, and I would be grateful if you would keep your opinions about me to yourself - in your, obviously, brilliant brain. Fair enough?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread Information