Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Strange Disappearance Of The Anjikuni Village People

Many people refuse to acknowledge, we are not always in control. So what of this story? How can anyone ever explain this logically?

On a freezing winter’s night in November 1930, Canadian fur trapper, Joe Labelle was to discover, under the glare of a full moon, one of the most remarkable disappearances known to date. The bustling Eskimo village’s 2,000 inhabitants, located on the shoreline of Lake Anjikuni in Canada, had vanished without trace.
    Labelle’s discovery began as he approached the village with nervous trepidation, when an unnatural silence met him. His anxiety lifted a little when he heard the crackling embers of a fire. As the flickering, amber flames came into view, he dashed towards it in the hope of finding someone attending to it. However, he was met with a pot of blackened stew still simmering and no one around.

Labelle then walked around the village peering cautiously into every hut, where he noticed food and provisions in abundant supply in each. The fish storehouse was also adequately stocked, but not a soul or a sleigh dog was to be seen. Labelle looked around the perimeter of the village and noticed there were no footprints in the snow-covered ground to give lead or clue as to the villager’s whereabouts.

Labelle, now panic-stricken, took off running non-stop to the telegraph office. A message was sent to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police who turned up a few hours later.

The Mounties searched the village…what they found would have chilled any man to the bone. In the village burial ground, every single grave was unearthed and empty. This was even more unnerving as the icy ground around the graves was as hard as rock.

A massive search party was organised. During the investigation, there was another unsettling discovery; the entire pack of sleigh dogs were found buried under 12 feet of snow…all had starved to death.

If that wasn’t enough, all of a sudden a strange blue light began shimmering on the horizon. This was not the Northern Lights, it seemed artificial and pulsated until at last it faded into the darkness - leaving all who witnessed it, dumbstruck.

Every newspaper in the world reported the mass vanishing of the 2,000 Eskimos. Many thought the disappearance would lead to some sort of logical explanation, but to no avail…the Anjikuni tribe has never been seen again.

http://www.worldmysteriesandtrueghos...ikuni-village/

I've read about this before, I think its authenticity has been questioned.

I love mysterious disappearances, anyone know any interesting ones?
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Last Online
    05-08-2012 @ 08:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Irish
    Country
    England
    Politics
    Summon the Fyrd
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angikuni_Lake

I can only see this as a hoax myself, 2000 people vanish, Canada, no explanation?

Last Online
    08-26-2011 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic
    Ethnicity
    dutch
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

0 Not allowed!

A strange dissappearance is that of the crew of the Mary Celeste, a ship which set sail from Staten Island for Genoa in november 1872.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

The shoggoths got them all!

Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea View Post
    I've read about this before, I think its authenticity has been questioned.

I love mysterious disappearances, anyone know any interesting ones?
    This one is pretty famous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony

The story in the OP's article sounds far-fetched but still, stories of disappearances like that seriously freak me out. I'm sitting in the dark ATM and it's creeping me out
    Jagerstaffel: Where's [la bombe]?
    Jagerstaffel: I gotta send that bitch some shit in a box.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North Sea Germanic
    Ancestry
    Old Stockade American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

This statement is from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police website.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/hist/anjikuni-eng.htm
    Anjikuni

The story about the disappearance in the 1930's of an Inuit village near Lake Anjikuni is not true. An American author by the name of Frank Edwards is purported to have started this story in his book Stranger than Science. It has become a popular piece of journalism, repeatedly published and referred to in books and magazines. There is no evidence however to support such a story. A village with such a large population would not have existed in such a remote area of the Northwest Territories (62 degrees north and 100 degrees west, about 100 km west of Eskimo Point). Furthermore, the Mounted Police who patrolled the area recorded no untoward events of any kind and neither did local trappers or missionaries.

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

The story about the disappearance in the 1930's of an Inuit village near Lake Anjikuni is not true.
    They would say that.

Cthulu lives!

I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Thread Information