North-Atlantid + Nordid
    Religion
    General Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 309

7 Not allowed!

Default Hello again Apricity

Or more accurately, for the first time. I never joined, this was a few years ago when the layout was less slick. My sister actually did join. I don't have any more details than that myself, I never talked to her about it.

Anyways username is Hydromorphone, or just personally Alex, whatever floats your boat.

My family history is as follows: on my mothers side I am 100% Dutch, possibly a Norwegian great-great something or other judging by the last name I read on some ancient family tree. Fathers side is more of a hodge-podge of ethnicities, his mother is 100% Hungarian, his father is half Japanese and half German. I'm a 24 year old white male living in Canada.

Some quick politics: I believe intelligent people can come from all ethnicities. I believe people are happier, nations prosper more, and people actually get along with eachother despite racial differences in a world where ethnic and political boundaries are clearly defined. I disagree with legal restrictions on things like interracial, homosexual, etc marriage, but believe a world where those things are frowned upon socially would be a better world. For example, large intermixing threatens to permanently alter or completely destroy certain european groups. I think legal restrictions would sort of destroy social harmony, but if people simply disapproved on a large social scale, it would allow people to marry if they seriously pursue it without any sort of ramifications legally and would keep the rate of people marrying outside their ethnic groups low. So my fathers father (or my grandfather) married a Japanese woman despite what was large discrimination in Japan against ethnic Japanese marrying outsiders. After hundreds of years these social mores protect the integrity of Japans ethnic homogeneity, which works well to preserve the national character of their people. And vice-versa for Europeans, and every group in the world. But marrying outsiders at that small level would not harm anyone in the long run. If you take me for example, my kids will have half the Japanese lineage that I do, and it will continue on until the level of Japanese admixture is extremely small, unlikely to affect the european genepool at large.

I consider myself a European first, proud of my lineage, although I have researched Japan and their history, etc. I'm proud about their accomplishments as well, but if I was a famous footballer I'd play on the Dutch team, not the Japanese (probably because I'd be more likely to win that way too!) I don't discriminate against anyone from any country. However, if you believe in evolution, strictly on principle of that alone there are scientific realities you must acknowledge when it comes to groups and their advancement/evolution through the years. Despite the current political climate deeming such assertations as passe, they do exist. There are biological differences between a person from sub-saharan africa, Europe, and Japan. This is so much so that even at a level as small as a doctor learning about prescribing alternate medication to an African as they are unable to properly process the regular one given to Europeans/East Asians. These differences exist. Biological, racial, etc Realities. We deem it racist to think we shouldn't take mass amounts of immigrants into our countries without even considering that someone from a completely different ethnic, religious, political, personal background is unlikely to properly integrate, and when large groups of them congregate into a new country they seek eachother out and seperate rather than integrate. These issues all affect European countries negatively and need to be addressed.

Feel free to call me out or discuss anything I say, in this post or in the coming months as I post here. I have receipts for everything I say; by this I mean I have cited sources and studies from a variety of academic backgrounds to back up anything that I say. I am open to discourse and discussion! What I believed last year is different from what I believe today and may be different from what I believe next year. I am relatively young, always learning and eager to, so some of my beliefs may change along with that.

I am also a Christian. Despite any of my politics above, I didn't join just to talk shop, I lurked around the forum and it seems very fun and something I'd be glad to be a part of. So yes, hello to everybody and I look forward to meeting and talking to all of you about a variety of topics. My main interest is language and history, I love studying and researching aspects of literally all cultures and peoples with a respectful lens.

Sorry for a long and rambling first post, I just wanted to be thorough! And sorry if it is rushed, I am literally leaving in a matter of seconds but wanted to finish up this post first! Thanks again and I look forward to talking and becoming friends with all of you!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,016
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Welcome!

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Bosanska Krajina
    Country
    Belgium
    Politics
    Hero
    TITO
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 1,740

0 Not allowed!

Welcome

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

1 Not allowed!

Greetings!

Nice post. It seems you are here to talk, not to piss off everybody around - so watch out, and ignore trolls and chauvinists.

By what you said, I guess you are more liberal guy. But are there any ethnicities or nationalities which tend to annoy you? By interest in language you mean learning foreign languages? If yes, which do you like most? What part of history do you find most interesting?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,627
    Given: 10,189

1 Not allowed!

Welcome

Banned
    Last Online
    08-23-2015 @ 02:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cymry
    Country
    Wales
    Hero
    Hello Kitty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 25

0 Not allowed!

To much text but Welcome.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,027

0 Not allowed!

Welcome to the forum! You look like an interesting, serious new member who would hopefully catch the addiction bug and become a regular fixture! In fact, I've upgraded your usergroup to Regulars already.

You would have a really interesting DNA make-up! Have you done a test like 23andme yet?
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You look like an interesting, serious new member who would hopefully catch the addiction bug and become a regular fixture! In fact, I've upgraded your usergroup to Regulars already.

You would have a really interesting DNA make-up! Have you done a test like 23andme yet?
    Is there a group like that?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Romance and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    K-N
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,893
    Given: 10,361

0 Not allowed!

Welcome to the forum!

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a2a
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,075
    Given: 11,797

0 Not allowed!

Welcome brother, what part of Canada do you hail from?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information