Politics
    Centre Left
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 2,020

1 Not allowed!

Default Singapore marks 50 years of independence

Published on 7 Aug 2015
    Singapore has come far in 50 years. It is now a global financial hub and no. 7 economy in the world. When Singapore separated from Malaysia, it was expected to fail but instead, it went from a colonial backwater to an economic powerhouse.

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 08:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Planet Earth
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Switzerland & USA
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,481
    Given: 4,013

1 Not allowed!

Well done.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

2 Not allowed!

Perfect example of how culture makes all the difference. Singapore is a majority Han Chinese state in Southeast Asia, and is by far the most developed. Not a coincidence.

Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    North+Western European, some East Asian admixture
    Ancestry
    The Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Hungary, distant Norwegian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    North-Atlantid + Nordid
    Religion
    General Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 309

4 Not allowed!

Singapore was an 'experiment' in many regards, and it turned out to be overwhelmingly successful in every aspect. Every other social or economic model that has failed in other countries, Singapore took, reinvented it and modified it to work for their land and people, and succeeded. Nowhere else in the history of humankind, over the thousands upon thousands of years of our existence, have we seen such an incredible rise to social, political, and economic prosperity. Imagine being born and living as a child in a very poor area (think rural southeast asia), and by the end of your lifetime at 80 or 90, you are living in the same conditions as someone from modern Japan, Hong Kong, Europe, and so on, with a highly developed society in every regards to human development.

It should be celebrated for what it has done and what it will do, as well as the wisdom of powerful, unique, and innovative cultures and what they can do if allowed to properly spread and prosper.
    Last edited by Hydromorphone; 08-12-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Ask Me, Hydromorphone, Anything!|Download Every European Phenotype! |Classify me! |Classify my friend!
    If you classify in my threads, feel free to send me a message and I'll classify you/reply to a thread/etc in return!

Last Online
    04-10-2023 @ 05:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indo-Aryans
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Moscow
    Politics
    Centre Left
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 2,020

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromorphone View Post
    Singapore was an 'experiment' in many regards, and it turned out to be overwhelmingly successful in every aspect. Every other social or economic model that has failed in other countries, Singapore took, reinvented it and modified it to work for their land and people, and succeeded. Nowhere else in the history of humankind, over the thousands upon thousands of years of our existence, have we seen such an incredible rise to social, political, and economic prosperity. Imagine being born and living as a child in a very poor area (think rural southeast asia), and by the end of your lifetime at 80 or 90, you are living in the same conditions as someone from modern Japan, Hong Kong, Europe, and so on, with a highly developed society in every regards to human development.

It should be celebrated for what it has done and what it will do, as well as the wisdom of powerful, unique, and innovative cultures and what they can do if allowed to properly spread and prosper.
    Adding to what you already said, Singapore have the honor of being in the epicentre of the world's most heavily traveled trade route-the Malacca straits. The existence of Singapore as an important trade center has been established since colonial times and the current economy takes advantage of the nation's desirable location to sell itself as a 'gateway' to Asia.
    Thanks to extremely liberal business laws, an efficient government sector and a relatively corruption-free bureaucracy, its a great place to set up your Asian headquarters. The latent effects of British colonialism has resulted in a society which speaks English as a first language and one that places a premium on education, resulting in a highly-educated workforce.
    In short- its a great place to do business because of its location, laws, government and history. (:

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 08:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Planet Earth
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Switzerland & USA
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,481
    Given: 4,013

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by silver_surfer View Post
    Adding to what you already said, Singapore have the honor of being in the epicentre of the world's most heavily traveled trade route-the Malacca straits. The existence of Singapore as an important trade center has been established since colonial times and the current economy takes advantage of the nation's desirable location to sell itself as a 'gateway' to Asia.
    Thanks to extremely liberal business laws, an efficient government sector and a relatively corruption-free bureaucracy, its a great place to set up your Asian headquarters. The latent effects of British colonialism has resulted in a society which speaks English as a first language and one that places a premium on education, resulting in a highly-educated workforce.
    In short- its a great place to do business because of its location, laws, government and history. (:
    And don't forget it: meritocracy too.

Last Online
    03-13-2023 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northeast Asian Sinitic
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese (Eastern)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    O3a1c*
    mtDNA
    D4b2b
    Taxonomy
    Nord-Mittelsinid + Tungid
    Religion
    Daēnā Vaŋuhi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 791
    Given: 463

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Perfect example of how culture makes all the difference. Singapore is a majority Han Chinese state in Southeast Asia, and is by far the most developed. Not a coincidence.
    Only Lee Kwan Yew is the only Singaporean I respect. He knew what it was like being raised in England. Ungrateful singawhoreans should thank Lee Kuan Yew for putting Singapore on the map. Most ethnic Chinese over there and in Malaysia are some of the most self-hating people you will ever meet. They hate everything about China and put anything non-Chinese on a pedestal as long as it's not brown or black. The girls there, mainly the ethnic Chinese girls act like the biggest whores for non-Chinese men. Indians and Malays there have more self-respect for themselves, even though I still laugh my ass off at concepts like 'Nazi Malay power malay pride world wide 88". To me they are not truly Chinese because their minds have been mentally colonized by decades if not centuries of self-hate. HK, Taiwan and overseas 'Chinese' grills from SEA are closest to most mainstream Asian-American women. Not surprisingly most of their men are the biggest cucks and worst betas. I hate to say this, but even Filipinos have more dignity than them. Sure they can speak English and are more westernized in culture, but they are on average they have more shitty people to deal with than in China.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Goujian View Post
    Only Lee Kwan Yew is the only Singaporean I respect. He knew what it was like being raised in England. Ungrateful singawhoreans should thank Lee Kuan Yew for putting Singapore on the map. Most ethnic Chinese over there and in Malaysia are some of the most self-hating people you will ever meet. They hate everything about China and put anything non-Chinese on a pedestal as long as it's not brown or black. The girls there, mainly the ethnic Chinese girls act like the biggest whores for non-Chinese men. Indians and Malays there have more self-respect for themselves, even though I still laugh my ass off at concepts like 'Nazi Malay power malay pride world wide 88". To me they are not truly Chinese because their minds have been mentally colonized by decades if not centuries of self-hate. HK, Taiwan and overseas 'Chinese' grills from SEA are closest to most mainstream Asian-American women. Not surprisingly most of their men are the biggest cucks and worst betas. I hate to say this, but even Filipinos have more dignity than them. Sure they can speak English and are more westernized in culture, but they are on average they have more shitty people to deal with than in China.
    All that is just temporary. The bottom line, these people worship wealth and power. Eventually the PRC will come to dominate all of Asia in every way. That'd probably arise in the next 20 years. When that time comes, all the Taiwanese, HKers and Singaporeans will be associating themselves with the Mainland.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Singapore is a model to the rest to the world. However, sometimes mostly unaplicabble. Singapore is a city state with an easily manageable population, in the middle of the strait of Malacca the busiest maritime chokepoint in the world.

I sometimes think those factors which other nations don't have means that Singapore's case cannot be replicated in other countries.

Thread Information