Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is exactly Authority, let's question the nature of it?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

0 Not allowed!

Default What is exactly Authority, let's question the nature of it?

So, when I say "what is Authority", I am referring on terms such as: state Authority (which than comes in correlation with NATION), religion authority etc...

So... who will begin here, or you didn't exactly understood my question?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

1 Not allowed!

Authority ultimately means the legitimacy, approval, and execution of absolute force.

Dictating which people should live or not, whether or not to detonate a nuclear weapon upon a major city, are obvious examples of Authority.

Authority includes more than State, politickal power, but also the means to dictate to other people what to think, do, and say (like a priest or boss/employer).

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    Authority ultimately means the legitimacy, approval, and execution of absolute force.

Dictating which people should live or not, whether or not to detonate a nuclear weapon upon a major city, are obvious examples of Authority.

Authority includes more than State, politickal power, but also the means to dictate to other people what to think, do, and say (like a priest or boss/employer).
    Ok, but let's now talk about nation which is also Authority, it comes from the same principal... So here is a question:

1. Do you feel that you have to defend your nation (against other) and to call your nation as YOUR NATION?

Last Online
    06-06-2023 @ 11:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Nord-Atlantid + Keltid
    Hero
    Buffy Summers
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,346
    Given: 1,072

1 Not allowed!

I don't have anything smart to bring to the conversation at this hour so I'll just post a funny image

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
    I don't have anything smart to bring to the conversation at this hour so I'll just post a funny image
    Well, this was a smart thing from you, because Authority comes from a family, from a community, than on larger scale; from NATION, from religion etc...

But the question remains the same, why do you (or why would you) follow that Authority, why do you agree with it, I mean for what reason, Im asking seriously, can you remember a really good reason inside yourself as a person, why do you follow that Authority, why it comes to you as a natural thing?

P.S: Have in mind that I am not asking you now why do you follow LAWS like: you will not murder anyone etc.. ofcourse you will not murder anyone (normal, moral person doesnt need law authority for that), but please, I hope you understand the question.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Ok, but let's now talk about nation which is also Authority, it comes from the same principal... So here is a question:

1. Do you feel that you have to defend your nation (against other) and to call your nation as YOUR NATION?
    Nations have power. Some nations are much more powerful than others (like US). Some nations are very small and weak. Men group together in alliances, forming government. The superior alliances have more power (force) than others. These are the means to attack other groups of men, or defend yourself and your own kind.

Yes, self defense implies a degree of authority. To live and to survive, requires a little bit of authority. If you do not defend yourself then another man will come, take all your wealth, kill you, take your wife, take your house, etc.

The nature of mankind is war. Only a superior force keeps the peace, such as the ability to criminalize thieves and murderers.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nations have power. Some nations are much more powerful than others (like US). Some nations are very small and weak. Men group together in alliances, forming government. The superior alliances have more power (force) than others. These are the means to attack other groups of men, or defend yourself and your own kind.
    So, why do you feel IT'S YOUR NATION (this question goes for everyone here), so that you can defend your kind you say...Would say that an individual feel more secured if It's part of some nation or if her/his nation exists and It's powerfull, would you agree such person would feel secure (at least to some degree) if It's part of that nation?

The nature of mankind is war. Only a superior force keeps the peace, such as the ability to criminalize thieves and murderers.
    That is a statement, not a question, we would need to question also why do you think, or anyone else, that is the nature of mankind?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So, why do you feel IT'S YOUR NATION (this question goes for everyone here), so that you can defend your kind you say...Would say that an individual feel more secured if It's part of some nation or if her/his nation exists and It's powerfull, would you agree such person would feel secure (at least to some degree) if It's part of that nation?
    My nation is European, European-mixed, and European-descended people.

My nation includes the European kulture.

That is a statement, not a question, we would need to question also why do you think, or anyone else, that is the nature of mankind?
    Because authority is meaningless when all people are docile and complacent. Authority includes the power of violence. When people are docile, then even a small authority, a weak authority, can still rule over everybody.

"Better an army of sheep to be led by a lion, than an army of lions to be led by a sheep."

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My nation is European, European-mixed, and European-descended people.

My nation includes the European kulture.
    Ok, but let me ask this, a nations in direct or indirect conflict (or just hatred for some reason), we had them before, we have them now as many as you want...

So, here is an example, USA and Soviet Union durin the Cold War.

If you would ask an average American citizen 1970 (just an example) in Washington, why does he needs USA and his nation/state against Soviets, one of his most strong arguments (but pay attention, HIS "strong" arguments) would be that HE FEELS SECURED (nevermind does that "secured" means the secure of culture, religion, family etc...), than in the same time if you would ask that same year an average Soviet citizen in Moscow he would tell you the same thing.

But THE LOGIC OF THINGS dictates that this both individuals cannot be MORE INSECURE than they are with that kind of thinking and with that state of mind, so would you call such two person as intelligent people? Im not talking about IQ or anything similar, but does that seems to you intelligent?

Because both of them are ready to kill in the name of security of their own states/nations, imagine this paradox: they are ready to kill one another for their own security, they feel more secured that way

"Better an army of sheep to be led by a lion, than an army of lions to be led by a sheep."
    But with a sheep or with a lion it will lead into the war never the less, why.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ok, but let me ask this, a nations in direct or indirect conflict (or just hatred for some reason), we had them before, we have them now as many as you want...

So, here is an example, USA and Soviet Union durin the Cold War.

If you would ask an average American citizen 1970 (just an example) in Washington, why does he needs USA and his nation/state against Soviets, one of his most strong arguments (but pay attention, HIS "strong" arguments) would be that HE FEELS SECURED (nevermind does that secure applies culture, religion, family etc...), than in the same time if you would ask that same year an average Soviet citizen in Moscow he would tell you the same thing.

But THE LOGIC OF THINGS dictates that this both individuals cannot be MORE INSECURE than they are with that kind of thinking and with that state of mind, so would you such two person as intelligent people? Im not talking about IQ or anything similar, but does that seems to you intelligent?
    Feelings of security are illusions, like Faith.

You can believe that you live tomorrow, but maybe an accident happens and you suddenly die (car accident). Humans don't know about life and death. Security can be manipulated and controlled, and it is. People live their lives within an illusion of security. Like children, they are ignorant of the horrors and paralyzing fears of the world.

Fear causes misuse of power, for example, one man kills another who he views as a threat. But it is a mistake. Authority can be abusive and/or corrupt.

But with a sheep of with lion it will lead into the war never the less, why.
    Because every creature desires more power (and so more Authority).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information