Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
To tell the truth, Mac, I struggle with my beliefs in a variety of ways. On the one hand, I'm wary of people who claim to have all of the answers to all of the questions. On the other hand, I'm wary of people who don't believe in the Resurrection. I'm just referring to Christians and churches, of course. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to hijack this thread.

You're right about the president and the Justice Department. Their actions and beliefs don't reflect racial reality (no ad for competitors). They follow a script, whether or not it fits the facts. They accept the truth only when they're forced to do so. Their conclusion is reached before the evidence is presented. That bias can embolden criminals and their supporters. Ferguson is the main example.
I'm going to try to pull a rabbit out of my hat and respectfully respond to your statement while returning the thread to Anglojew's topic. In the Bible, the Resurrection is seen as something that will happen when Christ returns to earth. It will be spiritual ( " flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God") and existence as we know it now will no longer be applicable or relevant. As one who believes in the fundamental unity of all Life, the fact that this life is a temporary and transient stage leads me to ponder that there is something better waiting. Once these bodies crumble into the earth, we believe and hope a better existence, a more permanent one, will follow. The only proof we have for that is in our own world- view. Corporeal bodies will be meaningless, but our souls/ bodies will be expressed in some spiritual fashion. Our immortality may well be determined by our mortal choices.. what we say and do may well be expressed in what we will be.

Barack Obama has been a disaster for our country and the lackeys who form his inner circle have been either as bad or worse. The thing is, if we could contain their foolishness in our own country, it may be regarded with some amusement overseas, rather than with anger and mistrust. We can't. We apologize and apologize, while our leaders go from making one stupid and lethal decision to the next. They throw up a smokescreen by either orchestrating or encouraging racial unrest among the citizens who elected them. Hillary Clinton is regarded as a disgusting joke, ever since the Benghazi tragedy and since she's found slick ways of refusing to cooperate with the Justice Department. If she couldn't keep her own husband satisfied, I seriously doubt she'll be able to do a whole lot more for the country. In all honesty, the other candidates aren't a whole lot better. Okay, Donald Trump speaks his mind ( his father's German and his mother's Scottish.. of course he speaks his mind) and he lets us know from the outset that he's out for himself. At least he's honest in that regard. He's also foul mouthed and ill tempered, but, again, he doesn't try to engage in some kind of patronizing " palling around" with people whose paychecks he signs. Another score for honesty. He may not be a Colonial, but he might well be the best person to represent our interests.