Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    Koreans have a proud tradition of bending over for whomever is the dominant power, I can see that. But I am going to guess Japan will go back to nationalism. The only issue is their population. I'm rooting for them tho, as I like anime.
    Korea's curse is that it is surrounded by very powerful nations. If Korea was situated in South America or anywhere else, even in Europe, it would be a great power. No joke. But it's surrounded by Japan on one side and China on the other side, and Russia to the North. So it has absolutely NO relative power. Which is pretty sad because objectively, Korea should be a very strong country.

But anyways, Japan will be more nationalistic, but it won't amount to much. It is in quiet recession. 50 years from now, Japan will be a country of 90 million, old and comfortable. Over time, I think China's media industries will match and overtake Japan's and Korea's. Probably in the next 20 years. It's already happening today, many large Chinese corporations are now investing into media and building high quality films and capabilities, because consumer industries are now seen as the future of growth.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Korea's curse is that it is surrounded by very powerful nations. If Korea was situated in South America or anywhere else, even in Europe, it would be a great power. No joke. But it's surrounded by Japan on one side and China on the other side, and Russia to the North. So it has absolutely NO relative power. Which is pretty sad because objectively, Korea should be a very strong country.

But anyways, Japan will be more nationalistic, but it won't amount to much. It is in quiet recession. 50 years from now, Japan will be a country of 90 million, old and comfortable. Over time, I think China's media industries will match and overtake Japan's and Korea's. Probably in the next 20 years. It's already happening today, many large Chinese corporations are now investing into media and building high quality films and capabilities, because consumer industries are now seen as the future of growth.
    I really wish we could've won the Korean war. The situation there today is such a tragedy.

I remember watching anime in Chinese once. I almost didn't believe what I was hearing. I really can't imagine China ever have an entertainment industry like Japan's. As it is,they're the only ones who can go toe to toe with westerners in that regard.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I really wish we could've won the Korean war. The situation there today is such a tragedy.

I remember watching anime in Chinese once. I almost didn't believe what I was hearing. I really can't imagine China ever have an entertainment industry like Japan's. As it is,they're the only ones who can go toe to toe with westerners in that regard.
    That's only because Japan has been developed since the early 20th century. China is just getting started with investing large amounts into consumer industries like the media.

But it's starting to create high quality films, this will exponentially increase in the years to come. China today is already far ahead to where it was five years ago, that's how fast it's society is changing.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

1 Not allowed!

That's only because Japan has been developed since the early 20th century. China is just getting started with investing large amounts into consumer industries like the media.

But it's starting to create high quality films, this will exponentially increase in the years to come. China today is already far ahead to where it was five years ago, that's how fast it's society is changing.

That actually looks pretty cool. I hope they invest into localization like Japan did, I would be interested in seeing these come out here.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That actually looks pretty cool. I hope they invest into localization like Japan did, I would be interested in seeing these come out here.
    Films like that would not have been produced five years ago, but now they are being produced because China now has the artists who have the skills, and more importantly, the market and money to produce high quality films. It's really just the beginning, their media and pop industries are going to explode in the next ten years from animation, to film making to music.

Last Online
    03-27-2021 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 1,215

1 Not allowed!

There is two particular reasons why Japan had succeed. It is a cheap credit and the protection from the United States. In the late 20th here was established major financial institutions, big banks, international companies and with them there was established American military bases.

In fact, Japan was used as a puppet against China. This is true story of success. Now South Korea heading the same way.
    Without American protection this countries won't be that succesfull and prosperous as we see today.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge is king View Post
    There is two particular reasons why Japan had succeed. It is a cheap credit and the protection from the United States. In the late 20th here was established major financial institutions, big banks, international companies and with them there was established American military bases.

In fact, Japan was used as a puppet against China. This is true story of success. Now South Korea heading the same way.
    Without American protection this countries won't be that succesfull and prosperous as we see today.
    Well, Japan was already successful by World War II when it was an enemy of the US.

I give credit where it is due. The Japanese and Koreans are very intelligent, hard working people. But not any more than the Chinese are, that's why China. by virtue of its size will eventually accomplish things on a far larger scale than those two nations.

Best polo player on TA meninodeengenho's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-08-2017 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Black Brazilian
    Ancestry
    West African, some Portuguese
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,583
    Given: 831

1 Not allowed!

South Korea and Japan will be nothing compared to where China will be in about 20-30 years. They only got a head start, but China is the founder of East Asian civilization and a vast, monster sized country with huge ambitions. South Korea and Japan are medium sized countries with limited geographical confines. They did quite well for themselves, but China will have wealth, power and innovation that will be on another level than they can ever achieve.
    China is the next superpower. In few years, China will be the largest GDP in the World. Also, Chinese influence around the world is growing.
    Brasília, a capital da esperança

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

Koreans have a proud tradition of bending over for whomever is the dominant power, I can see that. But I am going to guess Japan will go back to nationalism. The only issue is their population. I'm rooting for them tho, as I like anime.
    fucking degenerate.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    03-27-2021 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 1,215

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by meninodeengenho View Post
    China is the next superpower. In few years, China will be the largest GDP in the World. Also, Chinese influence around the world is growing.
    I hope so. We all will benefit from strong China, although a major collapses are inevitable on the way, as it is more like one financial bubble now.

Europe and Us will fall down in the near future and Asia will rise up. Living standards across the world will be more equal, than it was a decades ago. I hope there will be a century of rich and prosperous Asia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information