Quote Originally Posted by Abu View Post
Have you read the whole book?
yes, very good book.

Sir Noel Robert Malcolm, FRSL, FBA (born 26 December 1956) is an English political journalist, historian and academic. A King's Scholar at Eton College, Malcolm read history at Peterhouse, Cambridge and received his Doctorate in History from Trinity College, Cambridge. He was a Fellow and College Lecturer of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, before becoming a political and foreign affairs journalist with The Spectator and the Daily Telegraph.
He stepped away from journalism in 1995 to become a writer and academic, being appointed as a Visiting Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford for two years. He became a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature (FRSL) in 1997, and a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA) in 2001. Since 2002, he has been a Senior Research Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford. He was knighted in the 2014 New Year Honours for services to scholarship, journalism, and European history.

Kosovo: A Short History:

Acknowledgements:

My first debt of gratitude is to Alistair Horne, and to the Warden and Fellows of St Antony`s College, Oxford, who elected me to the Alistair Horne Fellowship for 1995-96 in order to enable me to complete my work on this book.

I am also grateful to Robert Evans and Richard Crampton for letting me try out some of the arguments presented in Chapter 8 at their Central and East European History seminar at Brasenose College. Anyone who works on Balkan history will know how much time and effort can be spent trying to locate (or acquire) books and articles: there is not a single library, in Western Europe or even in the Balkans, that offers all the relevant materials under one roof. I am grateful to many friends for gifts, loans, copies and other services in this regard: above all to Bejtullah Destani, whose own knowledge of the sources of Albanian historyis extraordinarily encyclopedic, and to Ahmed Žilić, a generous and ever-resourceful friend. For similar services i should also like to give special thanks to two other friends, D. S. and J. M., as well as to Norman Cigar, Ger Duijzings, Branko franolić, Timothy Garton Ash, Fra ignacije Gavran, Ivo Goldstein, Valeria Heuberger, Christine von Kohl, Branka Magaš, Kastriot Myftiu, Luan Malltezi, Željko Mandić, Alexander Shiroka, Aleksandar Stipčević, Yuri Stoyanov, Marian Wenzel, Tadej Zupančić, and Isa Zymberi.

I am also very grateful to Philip and Anette Goelet for hospitality in Maryland, Berney and Betty Nunan for hospitality in Tirana, and Aleksandra Ivin and professor M. Rotar for their help at the National Library in Zagreb.For permission to study and cite manuscript materials in their collections, i am grateful to the controller of Her Majestys Stationery Office (representing the Crown) in respect of the Public Record Office, London, and also to the following: the Archive du Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres, Paris:the Archivio Segreto Vaticano, Vatican City: the Archivio di Stato, Venice: the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, Vaticam City: the Biblioteca Nazionale Maricana, Venice; the Biblioteca Unicersitaria, Bologna; the bibliotheque Nationale, Paris; thebodleian Library, Oxford; the Haus-, Hof- und Staatsarchiv, Vienna ; the insituto per la Storia della Societa e dello Stato Veneziano, Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice; the kriegsarchiv, Vienna, the national Archives, Washington, DC; the school of Oriental and African Studies, London; and the Somerset Record Office, Taunton. In addition, I am also grateful to the following libraries and institutions: the Biblioteca Casanatense, Rome; the Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale, Florence; the Biblioteca Nazionale 'Vittorio Emanuele', Rome; the Biblioteke Kombetare, Tirana; the British Library, London; the Cambridge University Library; the institut fur osteuropaiche Geschiche und Sudostorschung der Universitat Wien, Vienna; the Nacionalna i sveučilišna knjižnica, Zagreb; the Osterreichische Nationalbibliothek, Hamburg; and the Taylor Institution, Oxford.