Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,188
    Given: 1,099

0 Not allowed!

Default Was Jesus evil?

These quotes are taken from the new testament.

There are Christians who argue that the new testament has no violence and that the old rules of the old testament do not apply to the new one. Let's take a look at what the new testament says. And as we shall see these Christians don't know their own religion

This is just a quote from Jesus that shows he approved of the old testament and it's laws :

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

This is him coming to fulfill the old testament ^ and not rejecting it

Now these are some other quotes where Jesus says he has come to make families go against eachother and anyone who loves his own family more than Jesus is not worthy of him.

10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Here is some more from Jesus in the new testament

21:15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
    21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
    21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

These are all laws to that of the old testament. It's obvious that Jesus is not rejecting the old testament but rather fulfilling it

Sources : http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/mt/18.html#8

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

Not only this but what he says about a person not allowed loving his family more then him and where he says (due to that it seems) he's gonna put families against eachother seems akin to that of a egoistical evil jealous bastard

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Spain,Portugal,France and Native
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,754

3 Not allowed!

NO

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
    These quotes are taken from the new testament.

There are Christians who argue that the new testament has no violence and that the old rules of the old testament do not apply to the new one. Let's take a look at what the new testament says. And as we shall see these Christians don't know their own religion

This is just a quote from Jesus that shows he approved of the old testament and it's laws :

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

This is him coming to fulfill the old testament ^ and not rejecting it

Now these are some other quotes where Jesus says he has come to make families go against eachother and anyone who loves his own family more than Jesus is not worthy of him.

10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Here is some more from Jesus in the new testament

21:15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
    21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
    21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

These are all laws to that of the new testament. It's obvious that Jesus is not rejecting the new testament but rather fulfilling it

Sources : http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/mt/18.html#8

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

Not only this but what he says about a person not allowed loving his family more then him and where he says (due to that it seems) he's gonna put families against eachother seems akin to that of a egoistical evil jealous bastard
    Lol. Jesus is talking symbolically. You have to know the context of the Bible verses.

Also, Jesus also said that we should forgive and love our enemies.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-17-2016 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    Lol. Jesus is talking symbolically. You have to know the context of the Bible verses.

Also, Jesus also said that we should forgive and love our enemies.
    How are these symbolically? It does not even make sense. They are the same as the laws of the old testament which Jesus is not rejecting as some modern christians do

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,414
    Given: 12,606

1 Not allowed!

Jesus was a bro.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
    How are these symbolically? It does not even make sense. They are the same as the laws of the old testament which Jesus is not rejecting as some modern christians do
    Christians are expected to obey the spirit of the law rather than take it literally.

Freedom in Christ: Galatians 5

5 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-17-2016 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Jesus was a bro.
    What makes him a bro more than Mohammed? It seems his followers today are brainwashed to the core much like the Mohammedans. I don't even grasp how these verses can be symbolic. It's just a lame excuse that the Bible both new and old is barbarous book

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

3 Not allowed!

How can one trust a book that probably has some major translation errors from language to language to language, while trying to draw facts from mere stories. That's why I'd rather be a Buddhist than a Christian.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,946
    Given: 58,651

3 Not allowed!

Jesus doesnt instruct violence it means you need to put faith first, and follow jesus with whole your heart, you need to turn against mother and father if they are against the faith. i dont see anything bad in it, if your father is a satanist or something else anti-christian you need to turn against him and you need to follow jesus.

here is a parabel

That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Matthew 13:1-8New International Version (NIV)

-- The farmer is jesus and the seed is the seed of faith. The ones who fell on the path were the ones who heard the message but didnt listen or take it to heart, the ones who fell on rocky places, did heard the message and followed it but their daily lifes distracted them, like family, friends, and job etc. the last ones are the ones who "bear fruits of faith" and do great things in the name of jesus

Its all about faith.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,946
    Given: 58,651

2 Not allowed!

i bring not "peace but the sword" that means he brings trouble and persecution for the ones who follow jesus, which is reflected in many lifes of martyrs who died for the faith, it doesnt mean you should kill someone. as jesus said to peter "put your sword back as who lifes the sword dies by the sword"
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information