Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

2 Not allowed!

Jesus was a good humble man full of LOVE.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day.

I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shazou View Post
    How can one trust a book that probably has some major translation errors from language to language to language, while trying to draw facts from mere stories. That's why I'd rather be a Buddhist than a Christian.
    No. Scholars have agreed that in meaning, about 99% of the various Bible translations are faithful to the original.

http://evidenceforchristianity.org/i...y-99-accurate/

Also, it's not mere stories, the words in the Bible are based on reality. Saint Peter for example was a real figure and his bones are in the Vatican and scientists dated his grave to be coming from Apostolic times.

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,193
    Given: 58,968

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
    This is just a quote from Jesus that shows he approved of the old testament and it's laws :

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

This is him coming to fulfill the old testament ^ and not rejecting it
    to fullfill the law means by dying on the cross he takes away the sins of humanity and whoever follows him will have eternal life, the people lived by the law now they live by faith in jesus he didnt "came to change but to fullfill and it was fullfilled" by his resurrection
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-17-2016 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,188
    Given: 1,099

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Jesus doesnt instruct violence it means you need to put faith first, and follow jesus with whole your heart, you need to turn against mother and father if they are against the faith. i dont see anything bad in it, if your father is a satanist or something else anti-christian you need to turn against him and you need to follow jesus.

here is a parabel

That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Matthew 13:1-8New International Version (NIV)

-- The farmer is jesus and the seed is the seed of faith. The ones who fell on the path were the ones who heard the message but didnt listen or take it to heart, the ones who fell on rocky places, did heard the message and followed it but their daily lifes distracted them, like family, friends, and job etc. the last ones are the ones who "bear fruits of faith" and do great things in the name of jesus

Its all about faith.
    He does instruct violence and even the religious laws of the old testament. See again in the OP where he encourages children who have insulted their pare to be put to death. And there are
    Also other verses
    I'm sure you have insulted someone you loved once and felt bad about it later? Would it be deserving of a death penalty. We all make mistakes in life.

To me the quotes in the op don't seem to be about faith. He's saying he has come to split families. To make them hate eachother. What has that anything to do with faith? He seems to be jealous that a person loves his family more then him. So you make sure people have faith by making their own families hate eachother and so they can love you more? Of course this is wrong. A true faith or god should not even care about such things. A true god would not even need worship or acknowledge from his own creations

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

He does instruct violence and even the religious laws of the old testament. See again in the OP where he encourages children who have insulted their pare to be put to death. And there are
    Also other verses
    I'm sure you have insulted someone you loved once and felt bad about it later? Would it be deserving of a death penalty. We all make mistakes in life.

To me the quotes in the op don't seem to be about faith. He's saying he has come to split families. To make them hate eachother. What has that anything to do with faith? He seems to be jealous that a person loves his family more then him. So you make sure people have faith by making their own families and so they can love you more? Of course this is wrong. A true faith or god should not even care about such things.
    No thats wrong, obviously wrong. I see nothing wrong with putting God above family. If your family turns you away from God, you need to stand up against them. And it means exactly that "father vs. son vs. mother etc." in one family there can believers and non-believers, the believers need to stand firm against the non-believers. He doesnt make randome families randomly hate eatch other, jesus never makes anyone hate eatch other not even your worst enemies. And to fullfill the law happened by his resurrection it doesnt mean we still live by the law, it means jesus fullfilled the law and now we live by baptisim with water and spirit.

then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,996
    Given: 12,783

1 Not allowed!

What makes him a bro more than Mohammed? It seems his followers today are brainwashed to the core much like the Mohammedans. I don't even grasp how these verses can be symbolic. It's just a lame excuse that the Bible both new and old is barbarous book
    If I remember correctly 'angry Jesus' is in the Gospel of John. Hippie Jesus is in the other three Gospels that appear to be based on a single source. If I was to believe in Christian nonsense I'd ditch the Gospel of John and all the rest of the NT except for the Gospels according to Luke, Matthew, Mark, which, as I said, I believe is based on the same source. For some reason Christians really like the Gospel of John.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    If I remember correctly 'angry Jesus' is in the Gospel of John. Hippie Jesus is in the other three Gospels that appear to be based on a single source. If I was to believe in Christian nonsense I'd ditch the Gospel of John and all the rest of the NT except for the Gospels according to Luke, Matthew, Mark, which, as I said, I believe is based on the same source. For some reason Christians really like the Gospel of John.
    You cant ditch what you want. Well God is angry too, Jesus is angry too. Not only loving and forgiving and he will judge the evil doers and put them into hell. thats a fact.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Jesus was a good humble man full of LOVE.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day.

I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

I can find a lot of good quotes from Mohammed too and even controversial ones yet funny he is depicted as evil but Jesus as an angel? I can tell you most of these quotes range depending on the mood on that day those prophets said it. Such as Mohammed was at his least best mood when he was attacked by the Jews so quotes from Mohammed during that time might not be as nice than some times when he was more peaceful

i bring not "peace but the sword" that means he brings trouble and persecution for the ones who follow jesus, which is reflected in many lifes of martyrs who died for the faith, it doesnt mean you should kill someone. as jesus said to peter "put your sword back as who lifes the sword dies by the sword"
    It doesn't say that to me. Read again:

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Such a lovely person or is it God in human form?

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I can find a lot of good quotes from Mohammed too and even controversial ones yet funny he is depicted as evil but Jesus as an angel? I can tell you most of these quotes range depending on the mood on that day those prophets said it

It doesn't say that to me. Read again:

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Such a lovely person or is it God in human form?
    Yes I see it and its nothing wrong to me it says exactly what I said in the time of Jesus and shortly afterwards christians have been persecuted and thrown to the lions etc. And they have been persecuted both by jews and pagans. It means exactly that that he doesnt bring peace for those who follow jesus but persecution, and that you need to turn against your own family and follow jesus who let his family hold him back is not worthy of jesus, it means you want to be a christian but your mum says "no you cant" you need to stand firm for your belief. it has nothing to do that christians kill whoever they want or hate their families.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No thats wrong, obviously wrong. I see nothing wrong with putting God above family. If your family turns you away from God, you need to stand up against them. And it means exactly that "father vs. son vs. mother etc." in one family there can believers and non-believers, the believers need to stand firm against the non-believers. He doesnt make randome families randomly hate eatch other, jesus never makes anyone hate eatch other not even your worst enemies. And to fullfill the law happened by his resurrection it doesnt mean we still live by the law, it means jesus fullfilled the law and now we live by baptisim with water and spirit.
    That's not what it says imo

If you wanted your followers to prioritize you rather than their families you would do so by making them hate eachother? Why not just set a rule about it.

To me it does seem he's talking about random families

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information