Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 294

1 Not allowed!

From Västmanland

Now Håkan Is Hot

This happened at the ironworks in Ramnäs. The older smiths talked about it when I was apprenticing there.

During the old days, when they used the German method in refining iron and got paid by the pound for it, the smiths got help from a tomte. And he had to get his payment, too.

When Christmas Eve came, the master told one of the journeymen - his name was Håkan - to carry a bowl of porridge downstairs and put it on a tree stump for the tomte. But Håkan ate the porridge himself, shit on the plate, and put it on the stump for the tomte.

On the third day of Christmas, when the journeyman was firing up the ovens, the tomte threw the journeyman into the furnace, pushing him in bit by bit, until only his wooden shoes were left outside. Then he woke up the master and said:

"Up, master up! Now Håkan is hot!"

Last Online
    07-16-2017 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

From Blekinge

Stuck On A Goose

A king once promised that whoever couldmake hiss daughter lauwould getget her and half the kingdom.

A boy heard of this offer. One day he went fishing and caught a pike, which he put into a bucket. Because it splashed around in the funniest way, he headed for the castle to show it off.

On his way he met an old woman. "Where are you going, my boy? " she said.

"I'm going to show the princess this pike to make her laugh. If she does, I'll get half the kingdom, " said he.

"Why don't you take this golden goose," said the old woman, "and I'll take your pike. If someone pets her, just say, 'You can't pluc k the feathers, but if you want to come along, hang on.'"

The boy agreed to the exchange, and after a while he met another old woman. "That's a wonderful goose you have there," she said.

"If you want to pet her, you can, but you can't pluck any feathers, " the boy said. When the old woman petted the goose, he added, "if you want to come along, hang on!" Immediately, the old woman stuck to the goose and had to follow along to the castle.

When they passed the blacksmith's, he and his apprentices were standing outside shoeing a horse. "Take a look at that old woman chasing a goose. Why don't you run over and kicking the old woman's behind.

When his master saw the apprentice running along, he ran after him with a pair of tongs. With these he grabbed the apprentice, but the boy yelled, "Hang on!" And now he too had to run along behind them.

Finally they arrived at the castle, where the princess was sitting looking out the window. When she saw the boy with his goose, the old woman with the apprentice hopping on one leg, and the blacksmith, she started laughing.

"Oh, you'll have to laugh harder than that," thought the boy.

Then he ran past the kitchen. A cook was standing in the doorway with a porridge ladle in her hand. She chased after them and hit the blacksmith on the back. "Hang on!" the boy yelled, and took another turn around the yard. When the princess saw the cook chasing the others with the porridge ladle on the blacksmith's back, she almost died laughing.

And the king gave his daughter to the boy.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

From Bohuslän

Who's Got The Dumbest Husband

Once there were two women who had very stupid husbands. One day they made a bet to see which one of them was best at fooling her husband.

When one of the men was lying in bed feeling a little under the weather, his wife convinced him that he was dead. He was so dumb that he believed her, and he laid himself out so that he looked dead. His wife dressed him in burial clothes and put him in a coffin. Then she got everything ready and invited people to his funeral.

Among the funeral guests were the other woman and her dumb husband. When this husband had started to change his clothes for the funeral, his wife convinced him that he was already dressed! He believed her, and went along to the funeral in his birthday suit.

Afterward, they rode to the graveyard carrying the "corpse" to his grave while he lay in his coffin, peeking out. There was a small hole in the coffin, and through it he could see his neighbor walking stark naked in the funeral procession. After a while e couldn't hold out any longer, and he burst out laughing. One just can't bury a laughing corpse, so everyone had to walk back home again.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

From Ångermanland

The Sermon About Nothing

Once there was a minister who was asked to give a trial sermon in the cathedral. The bishop didn't give him the text until he was on his way up to the pulpit, and when he unfolded the paper, one side was blank. When he turned it over, he found that the other side was blank too.

The minister said to himself, "Well, if it says nothing, it was from nothing that God created Heaven and Earth."

And on this theme he delivered a sermon that won him the ministry.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

From Medelpad

Sleeping With A Forest Sprite

There was a farmer here in the village named Jan Nilsson. He and a serving girl went to Finröjningen to make hay. They both slept in the barn.

One night the girl saw a woman enter the barn and lie down beside the man. The stranger had beautiful eyes, but her back looked like the bark on a fire tree.

The next morning the girl asked the farmer who the woman was who had visited him during the night.

"Hush," he said, "today I'm going to get a great buck."

After a while a huge bear came along and lay down on a rock just outside the barn. The man shot it without any trouble.

"There, you see? I've already been paid for sharing my bed with her, " he said.

Of course it was a forest sprite he had slept with, the old folks said. No doubt this happened a long time ago.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

From Västergötland

The Knights Of Ållaberg

One time a peasant, en route to Jönköping with a load of rye, came just at dusk to Ållaberg, where he discovered a grand mansion by the way. "Maybe I can sell my rye here," thought he, "and so be spared the journey to Jönköping, " and, approaching the door, he knocked for admittance.

The door was at once opened by some unseen power, and the peasant entered.

Upon entering, he found himself in a grand hall. In the middle of the floor stood a large table and upon the table lay twelve golden helmets, grand beyond the power of description, and scattered around the room, deep in slumber, were twelve knights in glittering armor.

The peasant contemplated hi beautiful surroundings, but, concluding he could not sell his rye here, went on, coming finally to a large stable, where he found standing twelve most magnificent steeds, bedecked with golden trappings and silver shoes on their hoofs, stamping in their stalls.

Curiosity getting the better of him, he took hold of the bridle of one of the horses in order to learn by what art it was made. Hardly had he touched it when he heard a voice call out, "Is it time now?" and another answer, "No, not yet!"

The peasant had now seen and heard much as he desired, and, thoroughly frightened, hastened away. When he came out he found that he had been into the mountain instead of into a mansion, and that he had seen the twelve knights who sleep there until the country shall be in some great danger, when they will awake and help Sweden to defend herself against her foreign enemies.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

From Skåne

The Tale Of A Suitor

This is a tale about a boy who was having trouble choosing a girl to take for his wife. He had to choose between two, so to test them one day he pretended to be sick and sent for each of them.

When the first one arrived, he said, "I'm sick, but I've been told that if I can have some of the dough sticking to your nails from the last time you baked, it will make me well. "

The girl studied her nails carefully, but couldn't find what her fiancé wanted.

When the other girl came to visit, he repeated what he said to the first one, and the girl immediately started studying her nails. She had more luck - and she cleaned her nails and gave him the remedy that he claimed would cure him.

By this time he had no doubts about whom to choose: it was the first one, who'd washed and cleaned her hands properly.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-07-2022 @ 06:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    North Swedish
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Norrland
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP609
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,049
    Given: 936

1 Not allowed!

Do you have something from the north? Västerbotten or Norrbotten.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazik View Post
    Do you have something from the north? Västerbotten or Norrbotten.
    Ooh, a request!

I will search for you. If I find some I will post.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eivørnese
    Country
    Faroes
    Hero
    Greasy pizza
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

From Västerbotten

The Bad Stepmother

Once the father of a girl whose mother had died remarried, and so she got a stepmother. The stepmother also had a daughter, whose name was Malena. But the stepmother wanted to get rid of her stepdaughter, so one day she put a lot of good things into a heavy chest and told her, "This is all for you, if you get in with it." When the girl got in, the stepmother dropped the lid of the chest and squeezed the girl to death. Afterward, she cooked the girl and gave her to her father to eat. Malena collected all the bones and carried them outside.

A few days passed. One day, when the father was walking home from the forest, he saw a bird sitting on the roof, singing. The bird sang as people speak. It sang:

"My mother set a trap for me,

My father ate me up,

My sister Malena

Collected my bones

And put them in a silk scarf

And carried them under the juniper bush."

Then the bird threw a gold bell down to the father and flew away. When the stepsister went outside, the bird sang the same song, and it threw down a gold chain for her.

When the stepmother saw the fine presents, she too went outside, but this time the bird threw down a rock and killed her.

However it happened, the dead girl came back to life again, and afterward the family lived together in peace and harmony.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information