Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Race and IQ: Genes That Predict Racial Intelligence Differences

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 10:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    White British
    Ancestry
    Ancestors so far from England,Scotland and Ireland.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Z16664
    mtDNA
    H67
    Politics
    left wing
    Hero
    Martin Luther King
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,297
    Given: 73

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Strasser-ue View Post
    Not as dumb as a nigger and not as mathematically skilled as an East-Asian..
    Since when has mathematical skill been the sole measure of intelligence ?
    23andMe
    MDLP K23B: Dutch + German-Volga + Scottish_Argyll_Bute_GBR + Scottish_Argyll_Bute_GBR @ 1.880189
    Eurogenes K13:Southeast_English + West_Scottish + West_Scottish + West_Scottish @ 2.292434
    Dodecad v3:CEU + CEU + German + Orkney @ 1.508807
    Harappaworld:n-european + n-european + orcadian + utahn-white @ 1.186455
    puntDNAL K12 modern:Czech + Dutch_South + English_South + English_South @ 1.900828

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy1235 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, from my understanding and research of the phenomenon, regression to the mean is misconstrued by many psychometric analysts because:

1) It measures the IQ of children with either one higher than average IQ parent (who marries back into the average IQ gene pool)

or

2) abnormally high IQ parents whose lineage consists of average IQ ancestors.

Also, considering that children of exceptionally high IQ people from an average-low average population (Ashkenazi Jews compared to Southern Levantine pops. for example) tend to maintain their parents' intelligence, it doesn't make sense that it'd revert back to some arbitrary number. After all, that's how genes for intelligence get expressed more so in different populations from an ancestral base.
    Looking it up fairly quickly I haven't read anything about the first point. All references I saw were of "both parents have an IQ of 160" or "the median of both parents IQ being 160", etc.

The argument against regression against the mean I have seen is that extended recent family/generations(of how many grandparents back I don't know) will be more important than the overall gene pool of the race or ethnicity in question, so hypothetically, if each next generation kept breeding with a same or higher IQ person, the regression to the mean would be slower, the mean IQ on the opposite side of the parents IQ would keep rising each generation and/or regression would eventually halt, or has already halted/has a higher mean than other families in the ethnic/racial group because they already selectively bred. Of course, you can't keep breeding within your family and to significantly slow regression could mean having to marry into another high IQ family, not just another high IQ individual.

Seems to me like that would take very selective breeding, and a long time, quite similar to the Ashkenazi process(Jewish in-group, high class preference). It's safe to assume if two successful, IQ 110 Igbo Nigerian-Americans(the average Nigerian number being 84) mate(for the sake of the argument, we can assume there are not established high IQ families yet in Nigeria, the two 110 IQ parents hit the lottery), their kid will have an IQ of 96-97. The kid will most likely breed with another person around 96, who also probably had parents not belonging to high IQ families, but high IQ individuals. Completely hypothetically, again for the sake of argument, let's raise the base IQ to 86(perhaps that's being too generous, again, I have no idea) after one generation, with more intelligence related SNP alleles now because of the four new added grandparents, that still puts the third generation at an IQ of 91. Seems like it would take a long time and the unlikely eugenics commitment. That assumes your first point is wrong, I don't know.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,167
    Given: 58,939

0 Not allowed!

rs429358 CT
    rs3783006 no data
    rs8049439 TT
    rs13188378 AA
    rs11584700 no data
    rs4851266 no data
    rs2054125 no data
    rs3227 no data
    rs4073894 no data found in the chip
    rs12640626 GG
    rs236330 no data found in the chip
    rs324650 AT
    rs7171755 AG
    rs9320913 no data in the chip
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy1235 View Post
    That is incorrect. It's 120 on average.
    Medical school isn't here, but going off of Physiology, it does seem to be around 115(with Social Workers actually averaging around 100 and physicists averaging 130).

Btw, I'm probably a good example of my previous point. My mother studied Chemistry and I wound up studying something on the far left of that chart. x_x
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Account Deleted
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 01:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic, Caucasian, and Slavic
    Ethnicity
    50% Banana
    Ancestry
    West Asian, South-Central Asian, and Northeastern European
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G2b1a
    mtDNA
    V
    Taxonomy
    Clark Kent with browner hair and a more Iranian nose
    Politics
    Progressive, but not the stupid kind
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,062
    Given: 6,146

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Medical school isn't here, but going off of Physiology, it does seem to be around 115(with Social Workers actually averaging around 100 and physicists averaging 130).

Btw, I'm probably a good example of my previous point. My mother studied Chemistry and I wound up studying something on the far left of that chart. x_x
    Interesting, what did you study? My dad also studied something completely different than me. I was originally going to become a mechanical engineer, but got more interested in the health and cancer research field.
    Learn some about Afghans here
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...of-Afghanistan

Indian Genomics can be modeled by four-way populations, not two way populations. Read more in this thread:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...tion-structure

An imam of wealth and taste Poise n Pen's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-07-2016 @ 06:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    America
    Ancestry
    Various barbarians
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    American
    Politics
    Apocalypse
    Religion
    The Bomb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,399
    Given: 3,254

0 Not allowed!

I've seen several studies and graphs that peg it at 110 for doctors actually. And the actual doctor IQ is not the same as the majors, because most of the doctors these days come from other countries. Mainly India and similar places that don't have nearly the same standards as american schools (which have also gone down a lot though).
    If it weren't for us you'd be speaking German. Instead, you'll be speaking Arabic.
    http://simplicitymultiplied.blogspot.com/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information