Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do SE Asians have some West Eurasian ancestry?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1961 View Post
    Here's mine...
    Population
    SE_Asian 75.99
    Early_Neolithic_Farmers 0.36
    SW_Asian -
    Ancestral_South_Indian 6.86
    Eastern_Hunter_Gatherer 0.62
    WHG -
    Siberian_E_Asian 11.87
    Caucausus_Hunter_Gatherer 2.60
    W_African 1.70
    Welcome to the forum, Jesse1961!

It's nice to meet a fellow Filipino here. You are from Cagayan de Oro? Sweet! I always wanted to visit Cagayan de Oro.

BTW, your DNA comes from all over the globe! You have West African, Caucasian, Native American, East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian ancestry! You're a global villager lol.
    Last edited by Selurong; 10-23-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zarzian View Post
    Damn dog, Spaniards slayed so many pinay bitches.
    Actually, most of the people who came here weren't pure Spaniards. They were either Mullatoes, Mestizos or Native Americans from Mexico. Just look at this letter the Spanish Governor-General wrote to the King of Spain...

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies)

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spańa (Mexico), although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16086...6-h.htm#d0e890

However, since the settler-soldiers here are descended from with Spanish males who bred with Amerindian or African women, they carried the Spanish Y-DNA which was R1b.

Also, the distribution of Spanish Y-DNA in the Philippines, which is only at 13.33% of the population, pales in comparison to the Spanish Y-DNA presence in Mexico which has the following Y-DNA makeup:

A 2012 study published by the Journal of Human Genetics Y chromosomes found the deep paternal ancestry of the Mexican mestizo population to be predominately European (64.9%), followed by Amerindian (30.8%) and Asian(1.2%).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexica..._y_DNA_studies

So, it seems that Mexicans had more Spanish migration than us and it came from all classes of Spanish life, from Peasants to Nobility. Whereas in the Philippines, it was mostly Spanish Soldiers and Traders which came and in fact, most of them died because of incessant war with Chinese and Japanese pirates, Muslim Moro raids or due to Dutch and English threats. That's why only 13.33% of our Y-DNA is Spanish, compared to the relatively safer Mexico which has 64.9% of the its Y-DNA be Spanish.
    Last edited by Selurong; 10-23-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Last Online
    01-08-2023 @ 12:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southeast Asian
    Ancestry
    Filipino
    Country
    China
    Y-DNA
    O-M175 (O1a2 predicted)
    mtDNA
    B4'5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Jesse1961!

It's nice to meet a fellow Filipino here. You are from Cagayan de Oro? Sweet! I always wanted to visit Cagayan de Oro.

BTW, your DNA comes from all over the globe! You have West African, Caucasian, Native American, East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian ancestry! You're a global villager lol.
    Thanks...Yes, I live in Cagayan de Oro, but my paternal great-great grandfather trace its roots in Ilo-ilo-Negros provinces. He migrated in Cagayan de Oro.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1961 View Post
    Thanks...Yes, I live in Cagayan de Oro, but my paternal great-great grandfather trace its roots in Ilo-ilo-Negros provinces. He migrated in Cagayan de Oro.
    That's cool. I'm from Iloilo, specifically Jaro, a town which used to be filled with mestizos before the European/Latino admixture became diluted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaro,_...ity#Population

Jaro holds a high-concentration of Filipino-Mestizos and hosts many ancestral mansions of old Visayan families (of Mestizo descent). Family mansions such as those owned by the Lopez, Montinolla, Sanson, Luzariagga, De la Rama etc. families line the streets of this historic district. The French traveler Gabriel Lafond de Lurcy wrote of the place as such in his travelogues.

Haro is much bigger in size than Iloilo; it is a rich town, of mestizos who own great fortunes… the people of Haro are more civilized than those of the other neighboring towns (Molo and Iloilo). The color of their skin is whiter, consequence of a great mixture of European blood; and Spanish is spoken better there than in any place in the colony, the Capital excepted; the women are very beautiful and I can give assurance of this, having had the pleasure of being amongst them, that they have grace and figure and the features, which would call attention even in Europe. They show taste in their dress, which is rich and elegant and, like all mestizas, they show a lot of spirit.

What area was your paternal great-grandfather from, in Iloilo? Different areas have different descent. Arevalo used to be where the pure-Spanish lived, Molo is where the pure-Chinese settled at while the Iloilo City proper were mixed will all kinds of races. Jaro was filled with mestizos, the rest of the areas were mostly Malay-descended.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Cuman
    Ancestry
    Cuman.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sardinia
    Y-DNA
    CUMANS
    mtDNA
    CUMANS
    Taxonomy
    atlanto-med + cm
    Politics
    CUMANISM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,912
    Given: 19,658

1 Not allowed!

I have very interestingly on rare occasion met some caucasoid leaning Thai people and even some Subcontinental influenced looking ones I guess some subcontinental genes did stick around.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SardiniaAtlantis View Post
    I have very interestingly on rare occasion met some caucasoid leaning Thai people and even some Subcontinental influenced looking ones I guess some subcontinental genes did stick around.
    Indian South-Asians, a Caucasoid people, used to migrate to Southeast Asia including Thailand, Malaysia and Cambodia.

That's why Cambodia used to be Hindu before they converted to Buddhism and even the Buddhism they got was from Sri Lanka not from China...

Maybe you encountered one of their descendants when you saw a Caucasoid looking Thai.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Southeast Asian
    Ancestry
    Filipino
    Country
    China
    Y-DNA
    O-M175 (O1a2 predicted)
    mtDNA
    B4'5
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

[/I]What area was your paternal great-grandfather from, in Iloilo? Different areas have different descent. Arevalo used to be where the pure-Spanish lived, Molo is where the pure-Chinese settled at while the Iloilo City proper were mixed will all kinds of races. Jaro was filled with mestizos, the rest of the areas were mostly Malay-descended.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure where in Ilo-ilo. But what we heard from our father and grandfather is that our roots are in Ilo-ilo and Negros. We still address our uncles (tiyoy) and aunties (tiyay) like Ilonggos do. When I was still young our old folks told us that our family descended from a Spanish friar who sired many local women in his places of assignment during colonial times. Accordingly, that prolific friar migrated in the country along with his brothers that included soldiers.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Malaysia's ex PM Mahathir Mohamad had South Asian ancestry

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Southeast Asian
    Ancestry
    Filipino
    Country
    China
    Y-DNA
    O-M175 (O1a2 predicted)
    mtDNA
    B4'5
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The new MyOrigins gives me around 3 percent South Asian although our family doesn't have any knowledge of an Indian ancestor within 5 to 7 generations.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Malaysia's ex PM Mahathir Mohamad had South Asian ancestry

He looks the part too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information