View Poll Results: Which country has a higher proportion of people passable in Argentina?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

10 35.71%
  • Mexico

9 32.14%
  • Both in equal measure

9 32.14%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Which country has a higher proportion of people passable in Argentina: USA or Mexico?

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MagBaX View Post
    I live in Argentina, so let me explain this whole "argentina is/isn't white" thing.
    Buenos Aires and, more specifically, middle to upper class areas are almost totally populated by white people, there's a few who don't but they're the exception. So even if in these areas there's a huge white component, it's not the same in other provinces. Most of the country outside of Buenos Aires is in fact populated by people of color, except for a few towns wich where funded by european inmigrants. To make it simple, there's a lot of whites here in Argentina, but we're becoming a minority since inmigration from mostly non-white countries is flooding us.
    Dont forget that

1)Not only buenos aires is very euro. Santa Fe, Cordoba, Entre Rios, La Pampa and parts of Mendoza are very euro too. Thats like 70% of the country population.

Santa Fe for example recieved a similar % of euro immigrants as buenos aires, and is recieving less internal/limitrofe immigants today. Its around 80% euro in genetic studies today and its the 3rd most populated province.

This is not an opinion its based in genetic studies and population numbers from the census.

2) The rest of the provinces are mostly around 50-60% euro which is actually pretty euro for latin american standards. Corrientes scored 62% euro in a recent genetic study.

3)According to last 2010 census argentina had around 4,5% of immigrants of which around 1% were either europeans or uruguayans. Of those latin american immigrants Paraguayans and Chileans are mostly mestizo and the only ones that are pred amerindian are bolivians and peruvians.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

1 Not allowed!

To me Argentina outside of Santa Fe Las Palmas Buenos Aires Rios Cordoba, is like Northern -West -Central Mexico 50-66% Euro on average

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,402
    Given: 2,646

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KonanxB View Post
    Almost any white gringo could be Argentine, because in Argentina the very nordified phenotypes are exotic but not atypical or nonexistent. Mexican indomestizos cannot be Argentines.

Here everybody are assuming that all native americans looks the same, which is wrong.
    An itsmid would be completely out of place in Argentina, in the same an Andid wouldn't blend easily in mexico.

Mexico
    http://humanphenotypes.net/basic/Centralid.html
    http://humanphenotypes.net/basic/Margid.html

Argentina
    http://humanphenotypes.net/Patagonid.html
    http://humanphenotypes.net/Pampid.html

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

0 Not allowed!

Fenotipos mexicanos

Ellos son de Nuevo Leon unos de los estados mas blancos de Mexico 30%+

Argentina vs Mexicana

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

0 Not allowed!

That guy doesn't look exotic in America
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    Im not saying they cannot pass but its true that the majority of white americans looks like just the minority of lighter white argentines.

This is how i picture both whites

A crowd of 10 Gonzalo Rodriguez would look exotic in USA the same way a crowd of 10 Tom Bradys would look exotic in Argentina

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,402
    Given: 2,646

0 Not allowed!

people From Argentina:

Mexico:

Last Online
    10-27-2021 @ 10:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Negro Saxon
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    I think there is a higher percentage of North Americans who could pass in Argentina than Mexicans.

Lets put it this way:

We know that white Mexicans in general, for being mostly of Spanish stock, can fit better in Argentina than most white North Americans (who are mostly of Germanic/Anglo Saxon origins). However, contrary to popular belief, there is a huge phenotype and pigmentation overlap between people of Anglo-saxon/Germanic stock, like most white North Americans, and people of Italian/ Spanish stock, as most white Argentinians. As I have always said on this forum, there are plenty of Germans, British, Irish, and their descendants who would have no trouble passing in Italy or Spain, and by extension as white Argentinians, as long as they are not extremely pale and have not too sharp, Nordic like features, and inversely, there are literally loads and loads of Italians, Iberians and their descendants who would have no trouble blending in without standing out at all as "too swarthy" or anything like that, in many parts of Europe, including among Germans, British and Irish, and by extension, among white Anglo/Irish/Germanic North Americans. And this is because people who are not too swarthy for Euro standards, and who are not to pale and Nordic either, but who have a very fair complexion for Euro standards are pretty common among people of Spanish/Italian stock as well as among people of Anglo/Irish/German stock.

This without mentioning that there is a considerable minority of Argentinians of British or German background who would fit perfectly among North Americans of Northwestern Euro stock, as well as considerable minorities of white North Americans of Italian, Greek, and to a less extent Iberian, stock who would perfectly fit in Argentina for being of southern Euro stock just as most Argentinians.
    Here's a funny video of a White American of Anglo background fitting in Buenos Aires. Most thought he was a local and spoke to him in Spanish. I think a more Amerind Mestizo Mexican would be seen as "foriegn"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2022 @ 06:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 1,214

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hipaware View Post
    Here's a funny video of a White American of Anglo background fitting in Buenos Aires. Most thought he was a local and spoke to him in Spanish. I think a more Amerind Mestizo Mexican would be seen as "foriegn"

Or they just didn't know English or didn't know what his language/ethnicity was because he doesn't seem to be speaking much in the vid...... People spoke French to me in France, doesn't mean they thought I was a local...

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,512
    Given: 36,957

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Or they just didn't know English or didn't know what his language/ethnicity was because he doesn't seem to be speaking much in the vid...... People spoke French to me in France, doesn't mean they thought I was a local...
    The thing is that the Anglo American guy doesn't stand out among them. And the white looking Argentinians in the videos (most of them very likely of Spanish, Italian or a mix of Spanish/Italian stock) don't look swarthy compared to him, and would not stand out if they were in a crowd of standard (British/German descent) white Muricans.

If the Anglo-American guy had an extremely Nordic ghostly pale phenotype and squarish face like Reese Whisperiston, Leven Rambin or Conan O'Brien, he wouldn't blend that well, but the guy is not like them, and has a standard fair complexion and soft features, like most white Argentinians. And lots of Anglo Americans are like him, not only like Leven Rambin or Conan O'Brien.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information