Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: are South Europeans really more family oriented?

Last Online
    12-16-2023 @ 12:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ethnicity
    european
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 24

0 Not allowed!

Default are South Europeans really more family oriented?

I often read that South Europeans care much about family and family values but then all South Europeans countries have extremely low fertility rates like 1,1 kids for every woman. If they were really so concerned and so into family life they would have more children per capita and rise them in poor households but they wouldn't mind being poor as long as they had large families because family supposedly comes first.
    all I can see is that they are instead very concerned in preserving their middle class lifestyle, their free time, and their expensive standards of living opting for no more than 1-2 children for couple if any at all.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

0 Not allowed!

"More" than who specifically?

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

What about the down-to-earth and friendly working-class people? ('A working-class hero is something to be!' John Lennon of The Beatles, who originated from the proud working-class city of Liverpool.) Are the working classes the same too in Southern European nations when it comes to having a family as the upper-middle and lower-middle classes? Working-class people tend to be more loving and friendlier people, less snooty and less socially-restrained than the middle classes. Do they not have any working-classes in southern Europe? Or is it only pretentious middle classes of people who live in poor southern Europe?

If people are born with silver spoons in their mouths and went to private schools and never have to work hard to earn a living in life, shouldn't it be easier with their inheritence money? The middle-classes can be tight and the meanest people with their money though and will rarely share in life, whereas the working-classes are more likely to buy someone a drink, or give their last bit of hard-earned change to the poor or homeless, help to feed birds, and they have far more of a loving heart and aren't afraid to show their emotions in life, than the cold and stiff upper-lipped middle classes.

They don't fear losing money in life as much as the middle-classes, as the working-classes are more resilient at coping through difficult times. (During the financial crash caused by the bankers, several upper class millionaire bankers committed suicide as they can't live without loads of money. They're not used to not living in luxury, whereas the working-classes who built the world are more resilient at coping in life.)

You only mention females, but not the fertility rate of men.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 10-30-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

2 Not allowed!

Don't know.

Personally I'm family oriented. Family is the base, is the support and undoubtedly the most important thing in the world. With this said family does not mean necessarily relatives, friends can be family as well sometimes even more.
    Last edited by ÁGUIA; 10-29-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,930
    Given: 1,607

0 Not allowed!

Yes for sure.

It goes Southern Europeans (including South-Eastern Europe), Eastern and Central Europeans, Northern Europeans on a scale from more to less.

Last Online
    12-16-2023 @ 12:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ethnicity
    european
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 24

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    What about the down-to-earth and friendly working-class people? ('A working-class hero is something to be!' John Lennon of The Beatles, who originated from the proud working-class city of Liverpool.) Are the working classes the same too in Southern European nations when it comes to having a family as the upper-middle and lower-middle classes? Working-class people tend to be more loving and friendlier people, less snooty and less socially-restrained than the middle classes. Do they not have any working-classes in southern Europe? Or is it only pretentious middle classes of people who live in poor southern Europe? If people are born with silver spoons in their mouths and went to private schools and never have to work hard to earn a living in life, shouldn't it be easier with their inheritence money? The middle-classes can be tight with their money though and will rarely share in life, whereas the working classes are more likely to give their last bit of hard-earned change to the poor or homeless and have more of a heart. You only mention females, but not the fertility rate of men.
    working class people are slightly more prolific than middle class ones but they're also less sophisticated and uglier and through assortative mating they tend to have ugly offsprings.
    they are generally friendlier and more spontaneous but often they tend to talk too much about gossip, realities, football or small talk without touching more existential or philosophical topics that I favor in conversations.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by caviezel View Post
    working class people are slightly more prolific than middle class ones but they're also less sophisticated and uglier and through assortative mating they tend to have ugly offsprings.
    they are generally friendlier and more spontaneous but often they tend to talk too much about gossip, realities, football or small talk without touching more existential or philosophical topics that I favor in conversations.
    But the vast majority of supermodels and glamour models and Page 3 ladies and national talent show singers and dancers, and the singers and musicians in leading rock bands, etc, stem from the working classes. They depend on things like their looks and social skills and practical skills and talents to get jobs and loving partners.

They tend to take jobs such as secretaries or as caring nurses with a kind and loving heart, rather than middle-class females who don't have to try as hard to please people in life due to their social privileges, and can easily get to be company managers and bosses and work for the media and as court judges due to their family connections and their school.

I see attractive working-class men doing long hours of hard labour as mechanics and builders with fit physiques who tend to be stronger and tougher than the gentlemen dressed in suits and sitting around as media producers and journalists behind a desk all day .

I've seen beautiful and unattractive people in both the middle classes and in the working classes too. Everyone is an individual though and I wouldn't like to paint everyone with the same brush by putting everyone in a group into the same mould, but in general....

A snooty middle-class dinner table discussion full of condescending and spoiled people arrogantly thinking they're intellectually superior and above everyone else. They can make people feel nervous and uncomfortable around them if they're not of the same class as them. They can be cold and reserved, and socially-awkward in showing their emotions and feelings of love, anger, sadness, etc, and can be pretentious and two-faced and stab people behind their backs, whilst politely smiling to the faces of people they diss behind their backs. The middle-classes tend to be politically-correct and less clued-up about the everyday reality of life, crimes, and struggles in society, as they live in detached comfort and security.

Friendly and unpretentious working-classes from England dancing in nightclubs. The working-classes are less restrained in showing their true feelings and emotions to people, although they're more vulnerable, impressionable and susceptible of being exploited. The Irish and Scottish are also friendly and down-to-earth people too. The working-classes tend to appreciate smaller gifts in life and appreciate everything they work hard to earn in life, rather than taking the things they have in life for granted. They also tend to be more resilient at coping with difficulties, struggles, or challenges in life.

I love this video and song showing working-class Irishmen working in a cafe who are cruelly mocked and picked-on by a group of cold-hearted and snooty upper-class Englishmen who look down on the working-class men, for not being able to afford having posh and expensive dishes on the menu in their downtown cafe in the backstreets of London.... and then a supermodel walks in and quickly gets bored with the rich men showing-off about their wealth, and prefers the loving hearts of the down-to-earth working-class men, who are more fun to be around as they're singing and dancing whilst working in the cafe.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 10-30-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

5 Not allowed!

Yes.

But in my opinion this has nothin to do with North or South European but with mentality of Protestant and Catholic culture in Europe.

And by this I don't mean in terms OF RELIGION but in terms of mentality of ppl from either Catholic or Protestant country.

Ppl from Protestant countries are somewhat "cold" toward their children, I never understood what a Hell is all that money of theirs for if not for their children to help their children after High School?

Average protestant family can have 1 million euros on bank account AND THEY WILL NOT help their children on College, so what is the point exactly?

I know they are tryin to make them independent, but that is just too much, in the end I would say that ppl from Protestant countries do not know how to enjoy life fully like those from European non-protestant countries.

None of extremes are good ofcourse; so I am preserving my money, but I also know how and when to spend it god damn it (means golden center), but protestant ppl are like Androids, they just building all that money, for what exactly if not for their children.
    Last edited by Robocop; 10-29-2016 at 11:11 PM.

An imam of wealth and taste Poise n Pen's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-07-2016 @ 06:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    America
    Ancestry
    Various barbarians
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    American
    Politics
    Apocalypse
    Religion
    The Bomb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,399
    Given: 3,254

1 Not allowed!

North europeans tend to have minimal parental instinct, especially the men.
    If it weren't for us you'd be speaking German. Instead, you'll be speaking Arabic.
    http://simplicitymultiplied.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Yes.

But in my opinion this has nothin to do with North or South European but with mentality of Protestant and Catholic culture.
    I doubt if religion has anything to do with it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information