View Poll Results: In which 3 countries of Latin America would you prefer to live? (POLL)

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brazil

46 30.46%
  • Mexico

41 27.15%
  • Colombia

13 8.61%
  • Argentina

91 60.26%
  • Peru

12 7.95%
  • Venezuela

2 1.32%
  • Chile

63 41.72%
  • Guatemala

3 1.99%
  • Ecuador

3 1.99%
  • Haití

6 3.97%
  • Cuba

11 7.28%
  • Bolivia

5 3.31%
  • Dominican Republic

7 4.64%
  • Honduras

1 0.66%
  • Paraguay

6 3.97%
  • El Salvador

1 0.66%
  • Nicaragua

1 0.66%
  • Costa Rica

19 12.58%
  • Panama

10 6.62%
  • Uruguay

73 48.34%
  • Puerto Rico

11 7.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: In which 3 countries of Latin America would you prefer to live? (POLL)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-27-2022 @ 08:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,628
    Given: 697

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    None, as Great Britain is my home, and where I was born and raised, and so I relate more to the Anglosphere cultured nations and also to other Western European cultured nations. I can't relate to Latin American cultures, nor understand their languages in a variety of South American accents, nor culturally relate to their food and climate, etc, and so I would feel like a foreign alien living outside of my home country, and also I wouldn't like to live far away from the European cultures in Europe.
    You've got every right to feel that way. Just two small things:

1.- If your answer to "which three" is "none" then why even bother replying.

2.- You say you can't relate to "Latin American food", but I've lived in Britain and there's no such thing as "British food". You guys eat A LOT of Indian food, Thai food, Chinese food and Middle Eastern food. Everyone eats curry in Britain. So to say "I can't live there because of the food" is rather laughable.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Also lower crime rates.
    Chile's homicide rate is lower than even the U.S., if it were for those rates... your argument is badly elaborated.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-06-2016 @ 10:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,467
    Given: 3,569

0 Not allowed!

So if you have no dangerous types of mosquitoes in Brazil, then why has there been so many international news reports over the last year about the Zika Virus in Brazil and the alarming number of babies being born in Brazil with suspected microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October, which has now reached nearly 4,000?!
    The Zika problem is recent, it has one or two years only, it is believed it arrived here during our World Cup. It is under control. The only change I did is to avoid the most problematic areas, there are many others where it is not a problem here. You have to remember Brazil is bigger than the whole of Europe, so conditions can change from one place to the other. As for spiders, yes there are some. But I have never heard of anyone seriously hurt by them, and I am in my 30's already. My family on both areas grew up and most still live in rural areas, they have never had any problems with spiders or snakes.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by curupira View Post
    There are poisonous skanes and spiders but not much (when compared to places such as Australia or Southeast Asia, f.e). My father and his 9 brothers grew up in a farm in rural Brazil and they were never hit by anything. Brazil does not have tornadoes, nor earthquakes. We are earthquakes free.
    That's good because it must be terrifying to ever have the misfortune to ever experience being near a tornado, or a hurricane, or an earthquake. Don't you ever get scared if one of those dangerous types of spiders you have over there (such the Brazilian Wandering Spider) crept into your home at night and crawled near your pillow? I couldn't handle that. That's why I couldn't live in Australia either with all the deadly snakes and spiders over there and the burning sun, etc. Not my cup of tea.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Best polo player on TA meninodeengenho's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-08-2017 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Black Brazilian
    Ancestry
    West African, some Portuguese
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,583
    Given: 831

1 Not allowed!

Yes, but the snakes and massive spiders there are highly venomous types that can harm or even kill people. They're not like the totally harmless grass snakes and harmless tiny spiders we have here.

So why has there been so many international news reports about the Zika Virus in Brazil and about the alarming number of babies being born in Brazil with suspected microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October, which has now reached nearly 4,000?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-35368401

Pregnant females are still being warned not to travel to Brazil by health experts due to the Zika Virus in Brazil causing loads of babies to be born with small heads?!

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/...a-virus-brazil
    Zica affects mostly Northeast Brazil (sadly, because it is the poorest region). For example, in my city (Mid-West Brazil) it is source of almost no concern.
    Brasília, a capital da esperança

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Also an overwhelmingly amount of Brits hate British weather They complain all day about it

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

As for crime rates, I am still in my 30's, and I have lived all my life both large cities and smaller ones. Neither I nor my family, which is pretty large, have never had any problems. I have been lurking on these forums for years, and nothing ever happens. People forget crime is not uniformly distributed, even in major cities, it tends to be concentrated in certain areas. No one ever imagines the US is uniformly a dangerous place, even though people know some places there are actually very violent.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's good because it must be terrifying to ever have the misfortune to ever experience being near a tornado, or a hurricane, or an earthquake.
    Sure it is free of them, we even boast about it. We do not have any vulcanoes either!
    Last edited by curupira; 11-06-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Best polo player on TA meninodeengenho's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-08-2017 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Black Brazilian
    Ancestry
    West African, some Portuguese
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,583
    Given: 831

2 Not allowed!

That's good because it must be terrifying to ever have the misfortune to ever experience being near a tornado, or a hurricane, or an earthquake. Don't you ever get scared if one of those dangerous types of spiders you have over there (such the Brazilian Wandering Spider) crept into your home at night and crawled near your pillow? I couldn't handle that. That's why I couldn't live in Australia either with all the deadly snakes and spiders over there and the burning sun, etc. Not my cup of tea.
    Well, if you sleep in the middle of forest this may happen to you.
    Brasília, a capital da esperança

Last Online
    03-16-2019 @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,839
    Given: 1,251

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by curupira View Post
    The Zika problem is recent, it has one or two years only, it is believed it arrived here during our World Cup. It is under control. The only change I did is to avoid the most problematic areas, there are many others where it is not a problem here. You have to remember Brazil is bigger than the whole of Europe, so conditions can change from one place to the other. As for spiders, yes there are some. But I have never heard of anyone seriously hurt by them, and I am in my 30's already. My family on both areas grew up and most still live in rural areas, they had never had any problems with spiders or snakes.
    I think it was brought during Confederations Cup in 2013 by some oceanian country - tahitians probably - i dont know, Zika Virus arose in Africa and arrived firstly in some chilean island in S. America (but before Zika passed in Africa, Asia and Oceania) but the international media seems to blame only Brazil for that

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread Information