PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
The Apricity Vegan Thread - Page 17

View Poll Results: Vegan

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Vegan

8 9.30%
  • I am Vegetarian

11 12.79%
  • I am not Vegan\Vegetarian

46 53.49%
  • I am not Vegan\Vegetarian but I am thinking in becoming one

12 13.95%
  • I used to be Vegan\Vegetarian but I am no longer

9 10.47%
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apricity Vegan Thread

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

4 Not allowed!

After some mental preparation, staunch warnings and moral support I took Mr Kazimiera to the vegan restaurant again. He grumbled (as usual) but he went along with it. There was a big a buffet and he found some things he liked. As he was munching away, he admitted that what he selected is very nice.

He also discovered coffee with honey. It is such is a weird combination that I've never tried it because it doesn't sound very pleasant. The husband is normally very suspicious of anything which sounds strange, but for some reason he agreed to coffee with honey AND he liked it! I tried a little and it wasn't bad. I'd have to commit to a full cup of it to be able to pass proper critique.

Last night we ordered pizza and I accidentally ordered our usual veggie pizza but with chicken (my mistake). The husband said he will eat it any way, since it is there. It's the first time in months that he's had chicken (or ANY kind of meat). Halfway through the first bite he said, "This is revolting!" I told him before he went vegetarian that after a few months any kind of meat will not taste pleasant anymore. He was skeptical then, but admitted last night that he was so surprised when he found the chicken to taste awful. He said, "It tasted like something that shouldn't be eaten". He ate the rest of the pizza but scraped the chicken off.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-19-2017 @ 04:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Yugoslav dipshit
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Paleo-Atlantid, Cro-Mag
    Hero
    Dr. Vojislav Šešelj, gospodin Zdravko Mamić
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 819
    Given: 641

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    After some mental preparation, staunch warnings and moral support I took Mr Kazimiera to the vegan restaurant again. He grumbled (as usual) but he went along with it. There was a big a buffet and he found some things he liked. As he was munching away, he admitted that what he selected is very nice.

He also discovered coffee with honey. It is such is a weird combination that I've never tried it because it doesn't sound very pleasant. The husband is normally very suspicious of anything which sounds strange, but for some reason he agreed to coffee with honey AND he liked it! I tried a little and it wasn't bad. I'd have to commit to a full cup of it to be able to pass proper critique.

Last night we ordered pizza and I accidentally ordered our usual veggie pizza but with chicken (my mistake). The husband said he will eat it any way, since it is there. It's the first time in months that he's had chicken (or ANY kind of meat). Halfway through the first bite he said, "This is revolting!" I told him before he went vegetarian that after a few months any kind of meat will not taste pleasant anymore. He was skeptical then, but admitted last night that he was so surprised when he found the chicken to taste awful. He said, "It tasted like something that shouldn't be eaten". He ate the rest of the pizza but scraped the chicken off.
    Stop torturing that poor man, you... you... you evil woman!!!

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    Stop torturing that poor man, you... you... you evil woman!!!

HE is the one who wanted to go vegetarian to start off with. I've been cooking a lot for him and he enjoys everything I make. (Except the carrot, beetroot and lentil combination which he says tasted like I've just dug it out the ground and flung it into a pot.) Today I wanted to invite him out for lunch but our options are very limited. There are only one or two things we can order from a conventional menu, so I suggested there. I was somewhat reluctant because of the way he was last time but I thought I'd give it a go.

One of his gripes with the place last time were what he calls the "grey people": those vegan types who are so "natural" they have dreadlocks, probably haven't washed in a while and are so thin and emaciated their skin has an unhealthy greyish tone. They also tend to wear crystals and are into some kind of alternative healing. He didn't like them at all. It was a bunch of those grey types who had the "tofu dog" the last time we were there. He said I must never think of turning him into a "grey person". I promised him I wouldn't. What he did find encouraging this time, though, was a very, very large Afrikaner uncle, with his wife and kids. Afrikaners are known to be very conservative, so if a big Afrikaner uncle can go there, then he can too. There were also no "grey people" around today (which was a good thing).

He tried some of my juice and said it tasted like something you scrape off the bottom of a lawnmower, but he did like what he selected for himself. AND he enjoyed the coffee with honey.

He said we can "go there again". This is code for: I like the place and the food and I'd like to go again. I don't mind going places on my own, but it's always nicer to have your partner with you.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-28-2017 @ 11:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Gallo-Romance with a bit of Slavic.
    Ethnicity
    Québécois
    Ancestry
    Picard, Sardinian, Basque, Polish, Flemish, Gascon and some other ethnic group from so-called "South
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Acadia
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    Québécois
    Politics
    EAT YOUR HAIR
    Religion
    VIOLINIST
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,356
    Given: 7,733

0 Not allowed!

lol
    Flag Counter

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

I try to be vegetarian, but I always end up eating a burger or cheating in some other way a couple times a month. I exercise frequently, so it isnt for my health that I try to be vegetarian, but rather out of ethical concerns. How do I build up the willpower to go veggie?

Last Online
    06-16-2021 @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    New-World White
    Ancestry
    Western Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Basically Alpine
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism Meets Animal Liberation
    Religion
    Agnostic Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 95

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    i'm a firm believer of the bloodtype diet
    I'm a firm believer that you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekarotuinen View Post
    How do I build up the willpower to go veggie?
    Well, you could watch Earthlings. That's what finally pushed me over the edge.
    Dominion: Full Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I would provide semen but I wouldnt bang her. Maybe I would if you really want it but I doubt someone really wants that. I know I wouldnt want that but I would accept semen.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,665
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    I'm a firm believer that you're an idiot.
    Dude, stop being a douche and go eat a steak.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,910
    Given: 4,815

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    Dude, stop being a douche and go eat a steak.
    Like majority of vegetarians lack the protein for proper brain functionality.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,274
    Given: 8,187

3 Not allowed!

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but there doesn't seem to be a sound ethical counterargument, which would justify not being vegan. Of course, we can play a bit with definitions and then we'd probably be able to justify almost anything, but the question is, how much we'd slip from our intuitive definitions by doing that. In this case, I'd say a lot, so in conclusion, I'm definitely a theoretical vegan. The question I'd ask vegans, who decided to be vegans for ethical reasons, is this one: Are they aware, they're also contributing to many, many animal deaths by buying various things, whose production caused animal deaths, even though the said things can be substituted relatively easily? Let us take grains for example. In the order to produce grain, it is necessary to devastate natural landscape, which is catastrophic for small animals, who inhabited the area previously, be it birds, rodents or small predators like foxes. Poisonous pesticides they're exposed to don't help the situation either. Of course, you can argue, that you have to eat something, so there is really no other choice. Well, is this really true? No, but you'd have to omit even more food items. You'd have to buy your food pretty much only from private farmers, who grow their vegetables essentially on their gardens and/or grow you our vegetables (it is actually easier than it may sound). This might be a bit frustrating, since there aren't many of such farmers anymore, they're not always available and they might often be short of supplies. My point is, veganism is the most obvious choice, regarding ethics of animal treatment, but there are many other, more subtle things to consider, if you want to be completely consistent. Of course, there's pretty much no way, one can avoid all or extremely close to all the animal deaths, he's indirectly contributing to, certain level of compromise is necessary. Vegans have made the first, most crucial step and I respect them for that.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-07-2019 @ 02:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Monaco
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 72

0 Not allowed!

Default Is there any Vegans here?

Im pretty much vegan, i cheat sometimes i admit but for the most part i am vegan!

I love the kitchen and i pickle my own stuff for a hobby !

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information