Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,987
    Given: 5,521

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek View Post
    You have the vegan mindset already for sure. I would say that I don't know any fellow vegans that believe that they are the cause of zero animal deaths purely because of being vegan. Every vegan I've ever spoken to is aware that buying commercial products will have paid for some accidental animal deaths in the growing or harvesting process; the difference is in the intent. I would argue that there is a huge moral difference between purposefully paying someone to murder an animal for you and an innocent animal being accidentally killed whilst a tractor ploughs a field for example.
    This is naive as fuck. It is not accidentally killing a small mouse with a tractor, you imbecile. It is habitat destruction. You have basically to raze down forests and kms of natural habitats for doing so.

You are still destructing many animals homes so you can get your seeds while thinking you're somehow morally better because you wrongly think the "intent" is distinct.

Yeah, I am aware cow farms cause as much destruction, and on turn these cows have to be feed with grains and grass (which cause even more destruction for the things I explained) but this only goes to show human large population, urbanization and its neediness for commodities are the real problem.

If civilization in its current form was wiped out eating your own farm animals should not be an issue nor a moral concern, and much less an environmental threat.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Purohit ji View Post
    You are also made of meat.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 05:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alpha indian
    Ethnicity
    Cool rajasthani
    Country
    India
    Hero
    Panti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,634
    Given: 2,163

0 Not allowed!

eek

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Bench press 150 kg indian boy
    https://youtu.be/OY6iWBWkUuM
    Help me reaching 310 subscribers

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,940
    Given: 7,468

0 Not allowed!

If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
    So you're okay with eating dogs, cats, rats, etc?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    There are people to do so. I don't want to sound like a typical status quo person but what animals are ok or eat or not are totally arbitrary. It really boils down to the opinion the respective person has of the respective animal and what the norms of his culture are.

For example I wouldn't be against mass slaughtering adult stray dogs and cats to feed countries in starvation. Of course both stray cats and dogs are filthy as fuck so it would be a health concern, but if I wasn't I'd support it.

Little ones can be neutered, put on adoption and have a chance at a better life. I also would not be against eating certain amphibians, reptiles, and even non-vertebrates.

Actually, this would be an important question to all the vegans/vegetarians here (which would not qualify as instigating hostility but poses a valid question). Would you be against eating invertebrates such as insects, octopus, scorpions and shrimps/lobsters/crabs?.

Although most people are disgusted by them, they nonetheless represent a far better souce of protein than most plant-based diets, without necessarily having to sacrifice higher end animals/vertebrates.

Grasshoppers and Crickets

Normally seen hopping through your yard or heard making chirping sounds after dark, grasshoppers and crickets probably aren't what you would consider dinner. A 3.5-ounce serving of raw grasshoppers contains between 14 and 28 grams of protein, which is quite a lot for such a small amount of food. That translates to between 30 and 60 percent of the 46 grams of protein women need each day and between 25 and 50 percent of the 56 grams men need on a daily basis. Grasshoppers and crickets are a good source of unsaturated fats, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, which can help lower your risk of heart disease. These insects also supply small amounts of iron, though the exact amount depends on how large the bug is.
    Ants

If you tend to shoo the ants away when you're having a picnic, perhaps you should invite them onto the blanket as part of your meal. A 3.5-ounce serving of red ants supplies about 14 grams of protein, according to the National Geographic website. The same serving of red ants also supplies 5.7 milligrams of iron, which is 71 percent of the 8 milligrams men need each day and about one-third of the 18 milligrams women require on a daily basis. Ants are also a good source of calcium.
    Beetles

Beetles are among the richest insect sources of protein, according to National Geographic, but the exact amount depends on what type of beetle you're eating. A giant water beetle, for example, supplies about 20 grams of protein per 3.5-ounce, serving while the same amount of June beetle supplies 13.4. A serving of palmworm beetle can have as much as 36 grams of protein. Like other insects, beetles supply calcium and iron, as well as a good dose of zinc. The exact amounts depend on the size and variety of beetle you're eating.
    Additional Insects

Caterpillars are another excellent source of protein and other minerals. A 3.5-ounce serving of the average caterpillar contains 6.7 grams of protein and about 13 milligrams of iron. A serving of the mopane caterpillar supplies between 31 and 77 milligrams of iron, however, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The mopane caterpillar also supplies about one-fourth of the potassium you need each day, as well as 100 percent of the copper you require. Termites are a good source of heart-healthy unsaturated fats, and about 49 percent of their body composition contains these beneficial nutrients.

Shit man, knowing with this I could become a huge bodybuilder even in a post apocalyptic "black death second wind" scenario.
    Last edited by Demon Revival; 02-24-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Revival View Post
    There are people to do so. I don't want to sound like a typical status quo person but what animals are ok or eat or not are totally arbitrary. It really boils down to the opinion the respective person has of the respective animal and what the norms of his culture are.

For example I wouldn't be against mass slaughtering adult stray dogs and cats to feed countries in starvation. Of course both stray cats and dogs are filthy as fuck so it would be a health concern, but if I wasn't I'd support it.

Little ones can be neutered, put on adoption and have a chance at a better life. I also would not be against eating certain amphibians, reptiles, and even non-vertebrates.

Actually, this would be an important question to all the vegans/vegetarians here (which would not qualify as instigating hostility but poses a valid question). Would you be against eating invertebrates such as insects, octopus, scorpions and shrimps/lobsters/crabs?
    True, I agree. I was just wondering what Bobby was gonna say since people with his views usually tend to be against that and don't believe in cultural relativism.

Regarding the invertebrates, they are lesser life forms that mostly die quickly on their own anyways. But I'm sure there are many vegans against eating them as well.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

True, I agree. I was just wondering what Bobby was gonna say since people with his views usually tend to be against that and don't believe in cultural relativism.
    Bobby's a dog loving cuckfag. It is obvious that he will try to dance around the question in order to find a faulty explanation.

If you ask me, I would not eat a dog but not because I value their life more than a cow or a chicken. I would not eat it because I think they are gross. I also think they have low muscle mass in comparison to other animals.

Regarding the invertebrates, they are lesser life forms that mostly die quickly on their own anyways. But I'm sure there are many vegans against eating them as well.
    For sure. But is it really because they are vegans or they can't overcome the "gross" factor? Many of the grains they eat are growing directly in soil with lots of fungus, decaying plant matter, earthworm hummus and lixiviates though.

I think eating insects is a good idea. I am also a fan of fungus food (and drugs). It is so funny how other life forms are completely shafted away in favor of plants and vertebrates.

Our closest animals relatives all eat insects. Gorillas, chimps get a shitload of proteins from them, so it's not like they're getting all muscular only by eating plants (unlike some people say).

Chimpanzees are omnivores, meaning they eat both plants and animals.
    In fact, Dr. Jane Goodall was the first person to observe chimpanzees eating other animals when she saw them using sticks to extract termites and also hunting smaller mammals such as monkeys. Until then, chimpanzees were believed to be herbivores, like other great apes.
    While most of a chimpanzee’s diet is made up of fruits, seeds, nuts, leaves, flowers and insects, they can be surprisingly creative with tool use and sourcing medicinal – and recreational – sources of food.
    Also, there are even plants that eat insects, LMAO.
    Last edited by Demon Revival; 02-24-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not dogs, because I love them and have some, and not cats and rats because it's gross.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not dogs, because I love them and have some, and not cats and rats because it's gross.
    Do you think it's wrong if other people eat them?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think eating dogs is morally wrong no matter what culture, because they are our pets and friends and companions.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information