Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the most beautiful continent is at the same time the most poorest?

Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,759
    Given: 8,734

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    Where did you read that bullshit ? In the Encyclopédie Larousse Edition 1922 ?
    You talk like your Petainist great-grandfather who was a member of the militia.

And please, stop saying nigger, like many people here, you're only proud because you're a depigmented African. You gladly write nigger on internet, but you would never dare to say "nigger" to a black man in France, unless you run very fast, but black people generally run faster than white.

May I ask you where do you live and if there are a lot of immigrants from third world in it? Is there a mosque near your home?
    You tipically talk like a bobo from only whites neighbourhood who wants to open all the borders to immigrants but who will never lives near them.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guarani View Post
    I want to know the truth, explain me!

Africa have many precious metals and mineral resources, the Continent could be the most rich in world
    Travel and trade is driven by necessity. If everyone had everything they needed on their doorsteps people wouldn't go anywhere. That is why the Africans didn't and they Europeans did. Africa has mild weather and bountiful food supply all year round and space was not a problem for expanding populations. They didn't need to go somewhere else to find something because they already had it all. (I could go into this further but for the sake of brevity this is as far as I am going with this example.)

On the way to the Far East (in search of TRADE - because they didn't have everything they wanted or needed) the Dutch and Portuguese happened along the tip of Africa. Soon every colony imaginable had its finger in the pie: France, Belgium, Germany, Portugal, England, Italy, Spain. Africa didn't know what hit it.

Add to that, Africa was subjected to a 350 year long trans-Atlantic slave trade where millions and millions of its people were taken as just another resource. It was actually a wonderful system in its simplicity because everyone benefited by receiving something they wanted. (Except, of course, the millions of people who were traded in order to keep the system running.) And the traders grew richer by the century.

No other continent has had to endure pillage, plunder and exploitation to the extent and time over which Africa has.

Here is a nice image to see who really owns Africa.

I think the question we should be asking is not, "Why is Africa so poor?" but "Why are the foreign companies involved in Africa so rich?"

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Spain,Portugal,France and Native
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Strasser-ue View Post
    Because africans jajaja
    you is a bad, bad girl

Banned Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-16-2018 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, German & Scandinavian-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Swedish, Norwegian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    KN/Alpinid or KN/minor Baltid
    Politics
    Left-wing
    Religion
    Atheist/philosophical Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,239
    Given: 10,259

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guarani View Post
    you is a bad, bad girl
    Really?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Spain,Portugal,France and Native
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaswinþs View Post
    How is Africa more beautiful than America or Eurasia or Oceania?
    compared to other continents, Africa is who the most conserved their Natural places

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    As someone who has lived in Africa, I would say it is mostly due to cultural aspects, ethnic conflicts and ongoing conflicts (wrong borders), corruption and mostly wrong economic strategies. What africans are doing is that they are exporting the least complex products to places like China. China makes the products highly complex and then exports them back to Africa. This is why China is growing so much faster than Africa from a much higher base and the gap will continue to widen as long as African countries continue to export raw goods, unprocessed ore and minerals like oil in this manner.
    I believe Ethiopia has had some success in developing the groundwork to become a major center for light industries, which could springboard it's economy to other forms of industrialization like many East Asian countries have done. Though with the recent unrest, I'm not sure if it'll succeed in that.

http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/a...zation-pay-off

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    Travel and trade is driven by necessity. If everyone had everything they needed on their doorsteps people wouldn't go anywhere. That is why the Africans didn't and they Europeans did. Africa has mild weather and bountiful food supply all year round and space was not a problem for expanding populations. They didn't need to go somewhere else to find something because they already had it all. (I could go into this further but for the sake of brevity this is as far as I am going with this example.)

On the way to the Far East (in search of TRADE - because they didn't have everything they wanted or needed) the Dutch and Portuguese happened along the tip of Africa. Soon every colony imaginable had its finger in the pie: France, Belgium, Germany, Portugal, England, Italy, Spain. Africa didn't know what hit it.

Add to that, Africa was subjected to a 350 year long trans-Atlantic slave trade where millions and millions of its people were taken as just another resource. It was actually a wonderful system in its simplicity because everyone benefited by receiving something they wanted. (Except, of course, the millions of people who were traded in order to keep the system running.) And the traders grew richer by the century.

No other continent has had to endure pillage, plunder and exploitation to the extent and time over which Africa has.

I think the question we should be asking is not, "Why is Africa so poor?" but "Why are the foreign companies involved in Africa so rich?"
    Sure. All that happened and I agree that Africa has suffered tremendously from colonization and exploitation by foreign powers.

In the end, I think the main reason for Africa's general backwardness and lack of development is that for many reasons, large commercial civilizations never developed there, not on the scale of Eurasian civilizations, though there were certainly cities and kingdoms that had some level of development. So because their societies never dealt with such large levels of organization, it has significantly impacted their development.

History isn't over however. There is a chance that African societies will eventually develop these necessary traits to become successful in economic development. We will see.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,647
    Given: 10,368

0 Not allowed!

Let's hope Africa never develops into anything like the rest of the planet. We humans have too much to loose.
    Last edited by frankhammer; 11-12-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,759
    Given: 8,734

1 Not allowed!

No africans didn't do that because they were unable to reach the level of development necessary for trading and explore new place.

On the way to the Far East (in search of TRADE - because they didn't have everything they wanted or needed)
    Yeah africans had everything they need.

Yeah because europeans in another hand didn't suffer at all from slavery. North africans and ottomans never kidnapped south europeans to put them in slavery.
    And that's african themself who put other africans in slavery to seel them to europeans on the coast of africa.

Africa was out of any war create by europeans during a very long time and yet they create no civilization.

Should we apologyze to manage well our companies?
    Thoses companyes didn't impose any contracts to africans. They freely accepted it.

Now I read this I'am glad you didn't have any european citizenships. We have enought people like you in europe. Please stay in africa.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
    May I ask you where do you live and if there are a lot of immigrants from third world in it? Is there a mosque near your home?
    You tipically talk like a bobo from only whites neighbourhood who wants to open all the borders to immigrants but who will never lives near them.
    The question has nothing to do with immigration. Ouistreham wrote something totally absurd. I would have expected such a racist comment from the average Serbian nationalist or American white supremacist. Not from an educated Frenchman like Ouistreham.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information