Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you proud of your ethnicity?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,929
    Given: 20,239

12 Not allowed!

I would say in full confidence that I am more proud of myself as a person/individual to perform within my capabilities to what I can make out of it. Nevertheless, we should honor our collective homogeneous/heterogeneous ancestors for what they are. Namely, their blood, flesh and genetic heirs of their legacy to what they past down to us. Without them, we would cease to be here; moreover, we wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for their procreation to pass down to what their primal ascendants bestowed upon them; their bloodline. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with embracing one's roots as it is a relevant part of our essence that defines each and everyone one of us today.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

1 Not allowed!

Yes

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

7 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Yep I agree.

All those people who say "my ancestors did this" "my ancestors made this" etc sound like kindergarteners arguing over who's dad is stronger
    MY DAD IS STRONGER THAN YOUR DAD

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,482
    Given: 36,901

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ÁGUIA View Post
    I love to be Portuguese and certainly I love my country, best country in Europe yeah you may laugh but for this guy it is

Thinking rationally that doesn't inherently makes me proud, although I can understand. But actually I find it reduntant, superfluous.
    Proud of what ? I can't say I am proud of battles that I did not fought, achievements that weren't mine, or guilty of condenable actions that weren't perpetrated by me.
    I am proud or not of what I can achieve and produce in this life, of what I am or may be in the future. Not necessarily proud for just being born portuguese, a ramdom incident of life a lottery made me born in this garden by sea nothing more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Yep I agree.

All those people who say "my ancestors did this" "my ancestors made this" etc sound like kindergarteners arguing over who's dad is stronger
    I agree for the most part. But I would say that it is a different kind of "pride" (if you prefer to call it "love for being what you're"), than the pride for your own merits.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,482
    Given: 36,901

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
    I would say in full confidence that I am more proud of myself as a person/individual to perform within my capabilities to what I can make out of it. Nevertheless, we should honor our collective homogeneous/heterogeneous ancestors for what they are. Namely, their blood, flesh and genetic heirs of their legacy to what they past down to us. Without them, we would cease to be here; moreover, we wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for their procreation to pass down to what their primal ascendants bestowed upon them; their bloodline. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with embracing one's roots as it is a relevant part of our essence that defines each and everyone one of us today.
    Absolutely. I agree that it is important to have pride of your own achievements, as individual, but there is nothing wrong to be proud of your roots, as well.

Both prides (the pride for your own achievements and the pride for your roots) are important part of being proud of yourself. They both complement each other.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 11:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    :....:
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,663
    Given: 2,177

2 Not allowed!

It seems to be natural that people from successful societies tend to be proud of their origin and others don't. The worst thing one can do is start to develop an inferiority complex about being a member of an “unsuccessful” society. This type of thinking can limit one's potential and creativity.

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

Most people on this forum are. At least those with an older register date since this forum started on a nationalistic basis.

Veteran Member WeirdLookingFellow's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 06:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan, Slavic from the Scythian Steppes of LARPing
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan, Romanian
    Ancestry
    Moldovan, Ukrainian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Ponto-Turan
    Hero
    Woody, the Cuman Khan
    Religion
    Folkish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,876
    Given: 3,564

1 Not allowed!

I'm proud of my heritage and of my ancestral land. I love my connection to our neighbor Ukrainians yet I'd wish that my people would open their eyes and leave the whole Dacian-Latin propaganda behind. We are a distinct people, yet we should be equidistant between the Slavs and the Latins, not hug one and never look at the other one.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-17-2016 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,188
    Given: 1,099

0 Not allowed!

Proud? No. Happy? Yes. More proud of my genetic lineage

Banned
    Last Online
    06-24-2018 @ 12:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Bell Beaker
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med plus Berid
    Politics
    Independent leaning towards Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic interested in Catholic Church
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,814
    Given: 6,097

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ÁGUIA View Post
    I love to be Portuguese and certainly I love my country, best country in Europe yeah you may laugh but for this guy it is
    Thinking rationally that doesn't inherently makes me proud, although I can understand it. But at the same time I find it reduntant, superfluous.
    Proud of what ? I can't say I am proud of battles that I did not fought, achievements that weren't mine, or guilty of condenable actions that weren't perpetrated by me.
    I am proud or not of what I can achieve and produce in this life, of what I am or may be in the future. Not necessarily proud for just being born portuguese, a random incident of life, a lottery made me born in this garden by the sea nothing more...
    Pride in this country's history doesn't mean you don't have dignity and you have to be only proud of your country and that just because you were born in this country which has a rich history you can offend others and you are the best of all just because you were born in this country......

Although sometimes I can take examples from my people's history and apply it to my self. Thinking that from my grandparents generation until the first humans that entered in Portugal,times were difficult for them and if they did managed to survive and be happy, why can't I?

I have a very recent example.

My grandmother and her family (my grandfather, mother, uncles) lost everything in Angola, the family went back to Portugal with almost nothing in the pockets and had to live in small houses who belong to relatives in a distant village of Portugal.....

Even though they managed to survive and now my Uncle is owner of one of the largest Candle factories in the Iberian Peninsula for example, or my mother works in her area.........

My grandmother lost a lot in her life (including parents when she was a child, a husband when she was only 40's, a son which is a cruel punishment) and she always managed to go forward in her life (even though she needed help of course).....

The example of my grandmother is personal but at the same is routed in Portuguese history (even if it's very recent) the history of 1 million Retornados who faced new challenges when they returned to Portugal.

Other example is a Cousin who lost his life in Guinea fighting for the Regime and for Portugal.......

Or even my other grandmother who when was born in inland Portugal in quasi feudal regime time of 1927 and had to work in quasi-slave conditions.....

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information