Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you proud of your ethnicity?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2017 @ 01:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    _______
    Ethnicity
    ________
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EL_BARBARO View Post
    crazyladybutterfly thumbs you down because you aren't aware about youre talking.
    I'm not sure how accurate these are, because I think Germany's is dragged down by all the Turks and Black Africans living there.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,858
    Given: 26,198

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    and by the way you stupid Greek, caste system doesn't mean shit outside of India.

I know Vaishya caste Indians who work as doctorate level physicists and I know Brahmins who run liquor stores or work as cabinet installers.

You're not even an untouchable. You're a non-Indian, and by default lower than untouchables.
    I'm a Brahmin, deal with it Dalit.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    _______
    Ethnicity
    ________
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thevillager View Post
    I'm a Brahmin, deal with it Dalit.
    You wish Greek wog. You're lower than a Dalit and an untouchable, being a non-Indian.

How can you be a Brahmin being someone from outside of India?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    _______
    Ethnicity
    ________
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

lol stupid Greek thinking he's a Brahmin. That's the funniest shit I've heard in a long while.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,858
    Given: 26,198

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    lol stupid Greek thinking he's a Brahmin. That's the funniest shit I've heard in a long while.
    someone unban this poor kshatriya, he's too funny

Banned
    Last Online
    03-20-2017 @ 03:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I'm not proud of my ethnicity per say, because I'd rather be proud of my own personal accomplishments rather than that of my peers or family.

At any rate, in America, it's harder for Indians (and chinkies) to get into top Ivy league universities than it is for Whites, Hispanics, and Blacks. I could care less about this story anyways because I don't care for Ivy league universities. State schools are cheaper and a degree is a degree at the end of the day. Just citing an example of how Indians raise the academic standards everywhere they go.

Student claims Harvard, Princeton discriminate against Asian-Americans

The investigation began with a complaint from an Indian-American student in California who was near the top of his high school class but was rejected at both schools. Golden writes:

“Like Jews in the first half of the 20th century, who faced quotas at Harvard, Princeton, and other Ivy League schools, Asian-Americans are over-represented at top universities relative to their population, yet must meet a higher standard than other applicants based on measures such as test scores and high school grades, according to several academic studies.”

The civil rights agency doesn’t discuss the substance of pending cases, so there’s no telling what evidence the Indian-American family might have to support a discrimination claim. Mere rejection - - by either Harvard or Princeton - - likely would not suffice, as both schools routinely reject students with perfect SAT scores and grade-point averages.

An OCR spokesman told me in a statement that the complaint was received Aug. 22 and the allegations “accepted for investigation” on Jan. 11. The complaint alleges “discrimination against Asian-Americans on the basis of race/national origin with respect to the university’s admissions process,” he said.

A Harvard spokesman told Golden the institution does not discriminate. Asian-Americans make up 16 percent of Harvard undergraduates.

Asian-American students have challenged Ivy League admission policies before.

Jian Li, a Chinese American, filed a civil rights complaint after Princeton rejected him in 2006. He’d scored a perfect 2400 on the SAT and graduated in the top 1 percent of his class, yet had been rejected at several Ivies.

Golden reports that the agency received a fresh complaint in September targeting Yale, subsequently withdrawn.

Local Headlines newsletter
    Daily headlines about the Washington region.
    It’s questionable, though, whether any student could prove discrimination by those schools without access to stacks of admission data.

Harvard’s admission rate has dipped to 6.2 percent, and Yale and Princeton aren’t far behind. There is simply no guarantee of admission, no matter one’s credentials, as dozens of rejected students from Whitman, Churchill, McLean and Thomas Jefferson high schools (and some of my neighbors in Garrett Park) can attest.

There’s plenty of research to suggest, though, that Asian-American applicants must bring higher test scores and GPAs than whites, Hispanics or Blacks to gain entry.

Golden cites a 2011 study of admissions at Duke: Asian-American enrollees scored 1457 on the reading and math sections of the SAT, compared to 1416 for whites, 1347 for Hispanics and 1275 for Blacks.

But remember that Asian-Americans outscore all other racial and ethnic groups on the SAT. A college where Asian students have lower SAT math scores than whites would be a statistical oddity.

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I'm genetic trash (poor family, low IQ, unattractive, etc.) so my feelings towards my ethnic background are mostly negative.
    I think I was dealt a pretty solid hand in life, so I'm grateful for that. As far as muh heritage is concerned, I'm not nearly as proud of the achievements of the populations of the cultures I am descended from, as I am of the country I was born in.

American civilization is simply the greatest thing to grace this earth since Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) himself.

Americans who arent proud of their country are simply ignorant.

Cant wait for the replies from foreigners written in American English, on a computer whose parts are manufactured by American companies, using an American operating system, and accessing this site with American HTTP protocols to write an angry response, lmao.

Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 12:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish & Levantine Arab
    Ancestry
    Paternal: Eastern Finland (likely with Russian admixture) Maternal: Palestine
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    X2e2b
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Baltid-Arabid Mongrel
    Politics
    Right Wing - Libertarian
    Hero
    Ronald Reagan
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 156

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by marznmyst View Post
    I'm not proud of my ethnicity per say, because I'd rather be proud of my own personal accomplishments rather than that of my peers or family.

At any rate, in America, it's harder for Indians (and chinkies) to get into top Ivy league universities than it is for Whites, Hispanics, and Blacks. I could care less about this story anyways because I don't care for Ivy league universities. State schools are cheaper and a degree is a degree at the end of the day. Just citing an example of how Indians raise the academic standards everywhere they go.

Student claims Harvard, Princeton discriminate against Asian-Americans

The investigation began with a complaint from an Indian-American student in California who was near the top of his high school class but was rejected at both schools. Golden writes:

“Like Jews in the first half of the 20th century, who faced quotas at Harvard, Princeton, and other Ivy League schools, Asian-Americans are over-represented at top universities relative to their population, yet must meet a higher standard than other applicants based on measures such as test scores and high school grades, according to several academic studies.”

The civil rights agency doesn’t discuss the substance of pending cases, so there’s no telling what evidence the Indian-American family might have to support a discrimination claim. Mere rejection - - by either Harvard or Princeton - - likely would not suffice, as both schools routinely reject students with perfect SAT scores and grade-point averages.

An OCR spokesman told me in a statement that the complaint was received Aug. 22 and the allegations “accepted for investigation” on Jan. 11. The complaint alleges “discrimination against Asian-Americans on the basis of race/national origin with respect to the university’s admissions process,” he said.

A Harvard spokesman told Golden the institution does not discriminate. Asian-Americans make up 16 percent of Harvard undergraduates.

Asian-American students have challenged Ivy League admission policies before.

Jian Li, a Chinese American, filed a civil rights complaint after Princeton rejected him in 2006. He’d scored a perfect 2400 on the SAT and graduated in the top 1 percent of his class, yet had been rejected at several Ivies.

Golden reports that the agency received a fresh complaint in September targeting Yale, subsequently withdrawn.

Local Headlines newsletter
    Daily headlines about the Washington region.
    It’s questionable, though, whether any student could prove discrimination by those schools without access to stacks of admission data.

Harvard’s admission rate has dipped to 6.2 percent, and Yale and Princeton aren’t far behind. There is simply no guarantee of admission, no matter one’s credentials, as dozens of rejected students from Whitman, Churchill, McLean and Thomas Jefferson high schools (and some of my neighbors in Garrett Park) can attest.

There’s plenty of research to suggest, though, that Asian-American applicants must bring higher test scores and GPAs than whites, Hispanics or Blacks to gain entry.

Golden cites a 2011 study of admissions at Duke: Asian-American enrollees scored 1457 on the reading and math sections of the SAT, compared to 1416 for whites, 1347 for Hispanics and 1275 for Blacks.

But remember that Asian-Americans outscore all other racial and ethnic groups on the SAT. A college where Asian students have lower SAT math scores than whites would be a statistical oddity.
    A friend of mine whose parents are from Spain (Galicia) declared himself to be 'hispanic' on his college applications. While he's technically correct, hispanic as it's known in the US implies a George Lopez type, not a blond who speaks Spanish.

That's how silly it's gotten. Affirmative action is a joke.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-19-2017 @ 04:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Yugoslav dipshit
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Paleo-Atlantid, Cro-Mag
    Hero