Thread: Share a Funny Story of Yours

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,515
    Given: 4,460

4 Not allowed!

Default Share a Funny Story of Yours

So, I had the idea for this thread a while ago. However, I talked over the phone with a friend of mine a few hours ago, and that is what made me create it at this time. He told me a story about himself and a friend we have in common - who is the main character here, that I hope makes a good first instalment . I've known them both for a while, but he never told me this before. This happened in 2011-ish I think. I realize that technically it's not my story, but you are allowed to make the same digression if you post yours here .

First, I need to give you some context: the friend who is the main character in this story, he, and me as well, have had, more than once, situations where we might be watching a football game on TV, and the radio might be also turned on in the other room, narrating the same game, and for some reason, it's always the radio that has the smallest time difference to reality, and so, it says the things first, and after some seconds, you see it happening on TV; or you hear the neighbours next door, who are listening to the game on the radio, shout GOAL before you see it on tv; so it's safe to conclude that the radio always delivers the news first - keep this in mind.

So picture this:

Those two friends of mine, and the father of the one who told me the story (they're all neighbours) go to our local stadium in Coimbra, to watch our city's team, Académica, play against Vitória de Setúbal. In front of them, in the stands, is an old guy with headphones, listening to the game being narrated on a radio station he’s picking up on his phone (I don't think I've ever heard of anybody doing this at a stadium )
    Anyway, all is going as usual, and then Setúbal gets a corner kick. As they are getting ready to score the corner, the old man gets up, says "FUCK THIS", and just leaves really angry. As my friend is looking at the guy leaving he says to the other two "Fuck, they scored...".

Some three minutes after he told me this over the phone, I was still laying on the floor, laughing my lungs out.
    You know who else had basically the same reaction? My other friend and his father, right when this happened (my friend told me he never saw his father laugh so much in is life)
    When he told me this whole story, I was alone in a room in my house; them however, were laughing like maniacs in the middle of the crowd, and nobody else knew what the fuck was going on there.

Brain fart of the century? You tell me

Good news is: Setúbal ended up not scoring

(if you don’t get it, if lots of people read this, I’m sure some people won’t, I don’t get some jokes myself more than I would like to admit
    after he said “fuck, they scored...”, is where that conclusion I take about the radio delivering the news first comes in; only in this particular case, and keep in mind they are watching the game literally live at the stadium, the corner quick by the opposing team that could lead to possible goal hadn’t even taken place, so how could the radio be narrating something that hadn’t happened yet ; the reason for the old man (weird enough for him to be there, both seeing the game live and listening to it on his phone) leaving in an angry manner was just mindfuckingly unrelated)
    Last edited by hurtuv; 02-01-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

Last Online
    04-22-2022 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Russian, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,448
    Given: 918

5 Not allowed!

A few years ago, my friends and I went out to dinner together. It was the first time we had seen each other since high school graduation, and we were all excited to be reunited. We ended up eating at this nice restaurant in King of Prussia, and while eating discussed our college experiences (we were all roughly halfway through our sophomore year). Our conversation eventually turned towards former classmates—who we hadn’t liked, no less—and their various post-graduation antics.

There was this one girl who had been known as a sort of floozy during our time in school, and one of my friends informed us that she had, as of our conversation, “slept with about half of the male sophomore population” at her university. She also had a boyfriend at the time—a nice, athletic jock who had always treated everyone with respect. He was attending a different college, and apparently no one had told him about her infidelity. As it turns out, however, he and his family we’re sitting in the booth behind us—we hadn’t been able to see them initially, as the dining partitions were just barely obstructing our view of the other patrons. Apparently he heard every word (and my friend was very explicit in her account) of the conversation; we found out, the very next day, that he had broken up with the floozy.

I have not experienced a coincidence of that magnitude since.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"not sure if I should bump or up this thread"
    (insert wary Phillip from Futurama)
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hurtuv View Post
    "not sure if I should bump or up this thread"
    (insert wary Phillip from Futurama)
    I don’t know the difference though, if there is one, and am too lazy to look it up anyway. Anyone knows?

I’m a bit surprised in all the years of this forum a similar thread didn’t exist, couldn’t find one at least.

Cmon good people of Apricity, let’s get this shit going
    -Leonardo da Vinci

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

BUMP
    -Leonardo da Vinci

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

bump
    -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information