Thread: The Prophet of Doom: South African pastor claims he can cure cancer and HIV by spraying pesticide

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

2 Not allowed!

Default The Prophet of Doom: South African pastor claims he can cure cancer and HIV by spraying pesticide

The Prophet of Doom: South African pastor claims he can cure cancer and HIV by spraying 'Doom' pesticide into people's faces

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-s-faces.html

• Lethebo Rabalago is a self-proclaimed prophet in Limpopo province
    • Tiger Brands said: 'It is unsafe to spray Doom onto people's faces'
    • Actress Boity Thulo tweeted: 'It breaks my heart...people so easily duped'

A company which makes a pesticide called Doom has reacted angrily after a South African pastor said he could cure cancer and HIV by spraying it in people's faces.

In a Facebook post Lethebo Rabalago, who claims to be a prophet, says he can 'heal people' by spraying them with Doom.

On social media Mr Rabalago, who runs the Mount Zion General Assembly in Limpopo province near the border with Mozambique, can be seen spraying the insecticide directly into the eyes of people attending his congregation.

Lethebo Rabalago (pictured, left) can be seen on Mount Zion General Assembly's Facebook page spraying the insecticide in people's faces while members of the congregation look on

Tiger Brands, the company that produces Doom, has warned people the product is not designed to be sprayed at or even near people and a South African government commission has urged people to complain if they suffer as a result.

South African actress and TV presenter Boity Thulo tweeted: 'It breaks my heart that our people are so desperate for change, they are so easily duped. Their vulnerability used against them. #Doom.'

But yesterday Mr Rabalago responded to the criticism in another Facebook post: 'People are so cruel. How can one insult a Prophet of God. Forgive them father for they do not know what they are doing.'

The self-styled prophet, who wears an expensive watch, sprayed one boy in the face (left) and also sprayed another worshipper on the feet (right) to address an ailment

He told the BBC the spray will cure cancer and HIV but only when he uses it and says he sprayed the face of one woman because she had an eye infection and claimed the woman was 'just fine because she believed in the power of God'.

'Doom is just a name, but when you speak to it to become a healing product, it does. People get healed and delivered through doom,' a post on Mount Zion General Assembly's Facebook page reads.

Several people who claim to have been healed by Doom also post their testimonies on Facebook.

Lethebo Rabalago (pictured, left, holding the spray) said one woman he 'treated' was 'just fine because she believed in the power of God'. But Tiger Brands, who make the insecticide (right), say it is 'unsafe to spray Doom or any aerosol onto people's faces'

South Africa has a history of unorthodox preachers making outrageous claims and has also suffered in the past from urban myths such as the claim that by having sex with a virgin someone can cure themselves of HIV.

Tiger Brands said: 'We want to make very clear that it is unsafe to spray Doom or any aerosol onto people's faces.

'Doom has been formulated to kill specific insects which are detailed on the cans, and the packaging has very clear warnings which must be adhered to.'

South Africa's Commission for the Promotion and Protection of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities said: 'We encourages everyone whose rights and beliefs have been violated to report such to the commission.'

卍Descendant of a Simurgh and Garuda卍 Shah-Jehan's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-22-2017 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    卍Indo-aryan/Indo-Iranian卍
    Ethnicity
    বাঙালি
    Ancestry
    Aryavarta + Eranshahr
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Aryan
    Politics
    বাংগালীয়ানা
    Hero
    Ishvar
    Religion
    ইসলাম
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,474
    Given: 11,852

1 Not allowed!

Why doesn't he get charged?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Default ‘Pastor Doom’ flees from home

‘Pastor Doom’ flees from home

Source: http://citizen.co.za/news/news-natio...-home/?ref=yfp

He has fled for his life after the health MEC threatened to take him for mental evaluation and others called him a satanist.

Controversial “pastor” Lethebo Rabalago, 24, has fled, allegedly fearing for his life. Rabalago, who gained notoriety after spraying the insecticide Doom on “sick” congregants, claiming to heal them, has allegedly been squatting with friends and relatives in Mathibela, a short distance from Lebowakgomo township.

The Citizen can reveal that the wayward pastor has not been sleeping at home since Limpopo MEC for health Phophi Ramathuba threatened to take him for mental evaluation on Wednesday.

Ramathuba vowed this week to approach the courts to seek permission to take Rabalago for an evaluation.

“He is no longer sleeping at home. He is hopping from one place to the other. The last time I saw him was early this week,” said a close relative who did not want to be named.

During visits to Rabalago’s village on Wednesday and on Thursday, there was no sign of him. Neighbours claimed the “pastor” comes and goes during the day and that he was never seen after dusk.

ALSO READ: Pastor makes congregation touch live electric wires

Rabalago’s mother, Everista, said on Thursday he was not at home and that she had no idea where he was. The mother, who is physically challenged, confirmed she was not a member of her son’s Mount Zion General Assembly Church.

“I don’t know where my son is, and please, in the name of God, I do not want anything to do with him, his claims or his church,” said Rabalago’s perturbed mother.

Earlier on Wednesday, Rabalago said he was ordered by his senior pastor not to talk to anyone about the Doom fiasco.

“I have realised that since I used Doom to assist my people, I have created more enemies than friends. Even some of the pastors have already perceived me a satanist,” said Rabalago.

“I will, therefore, not say anything … Let’s speak after the dust has settled.”

African Christian Democratic Party leader Kenneth Meshoe condemned the behaviour of the pastor, calling it evil.

On Thursday, Limpopo premier and ANC provincial chairperson Stanley Mathabatha also condemned the pastor’s methods.

“It is wrong to prey on innocent people, abusing their trust by feeding them with poisonous substances meant to kill insects, all in the name of God,” Mathabatha said.

SA Police Service provincial spokesperson Moatshe Ngoepe said there had been no formal complaint opened against Rabalago by anyone.

“We will not hesitate to put Rabalago behind bars if a criminal case against him is opened. But until such time, Rabalago is a free man,” said Ngoepe.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shah-Jehan View Post
    Why doesn't he get charged?
    "SA Police Service provincial spokesperson Moatshe Ngoepe said there had been no formal complaint opened against Rabalago by anyone.

“We will not hesitate to put Rabalago behind bars if a criminal case against him is opened. But until such time, Rabalago is a free man,” said Ngoepe."

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,955
    Given: 45,023

0 Not allowed!

For interest, here is a comprehensive article on HIV for Men:

https://www.themanlyzone.com/hiv/

Good to check it out.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Bosanska Krajina
    Country
    Belgium
    Politics
    Hero
    TITO
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 1,740

0 Not allowed!

This is so funny at the point I believe those people really deserve to be sprayed...Human idiocy seems unlimited.

Thread Information