Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Default Workout tips needed

So I'm trying to enlarge my pecs. My arms are pretty good right now. I've been doing a quite bit of bench presses but it's not getting me results as fast as I wanted. So I'm looking to expand, maybe do chest flies, something like that or is there some secret?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Actually on a second thought, I pushed myself further than usual and I've noticed significant improvement. It seems like the key is to push yourself but not too far to see significant gains. But tips will still be appreciated.

Last Online
    01-02-2012 @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anti-Western
    Ethnicity
    Anti-"White"
    Region
    Devon
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

My tip is that any gym and gym equipment should only supplement your endeavours.

Personally I cannot stand those types of people that think going to the gym at an inconsistent rate will actually benefit them. In my opinion it will not, at all.

Having a sport of some description provides you with a framework within which to concentrate and is good because it enables you to see the real life application of your muscles and fitness.

For me, my sport is MMA. It enables me to push myself physically and mentally. Some days I will do more striking, other days more grappling otherwise just cardio or weights.

I do not want to look a particular way, I want to beat the shit out of my opponent.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Pec flys are not a mass building exercies and should really only be tacked onto the end of your chest day to burn out the muscle or to warm up in the beginning. Your bread and butter should be at least two of these:
    • Bench Press
    • Incline Press
    • Decline Press

If you're going for size, then you want to be doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. For hypertrophy especially, though, lifting is only 1/3 of the equation. If your intake of fuel isn't correct (not enough protein/fats/carbs) or you're not getting enough sleep, gains will be slim if any.

Thread Information