Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    They're the worst hypocrites ever. They've created so much bloodshed - especially during the Burning Times of Pagans across Europe during the middle-age religious tortures and inquisitions, (look at the history of tortures and bloodshed between catholics and protestants too) while they all preach about love and peace.
    Although it may be understandable for people who lived in the Middle Ages, it's quite disturbing that many people consider this "spread of Christianity" as a good thing. Religion was involved in politics back then, and Jesus himself said (as the Bible suggest) to not involve religion in politics. Not much changed. Some people still are bewildered by the Crusades. Sure, it's nice theme for a film or a book, or a video game - simply interesting from historical point of view. But when I see today a person who glorifies Crusades, I think this person is a total imbecile who should hit the wall with his head.

Last Online
    02-29-2024 @ 08:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ancestry
    Russian Tatar
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    HV9b
    Taxonomy
    East Nordid-CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,363
    Given: 1,655

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    So now some people are chimping out that I am promoting religious hatred. I will make no apologies, since I explained myself in the OP.
    Let them chimp

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-12-2022 @ 03:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 1,104

2 Not allowed!

Russia can overcome UK If they captured Constantinople,Russian sea fleet in the Black sea was locked by Ottomans in that Ottomans were holding Bosphorus and Straits
    Posted by Turkic Wannabe Greek Rape Product, Witness

And I dont even talk about almost full Europids like Türkmens, Tatars, Bashkirs, etc. Kazakhs, Khakassia etc are few fringes.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bezprym View Post
    Although it may be understandable for people who lived in the Middle Ages, it's quite disturbing that many people consider this "spread of Christianity" as a good thing. Religion was involved in politics back then, and Jesus himself said (as the Bible suggest) to not involve religion in politics. Not much changed. Some people still are bewildered by the Crusades. Sure, it's nice theme for a film or a book, or a video game - simply interesting from historical point of view. But when I see today a person who glorifies Crusades, I think this person is a total imbecile who should hit the wall with his head.
    Agreed. There was also Trial by Ordeal for 1000 years in Europe. People who were accused of a 'sin' or a 'crime' would be tortured in the churches by religious ordeal to confess... or to determine an accused person's supposed 'innocence' or 'guilt'. I read a large book once called Trial By Ordeal and it was quite horrifying what ordeals people across Europe were placed through over the previous 1000 years.

Church Priests who were accused of a sin were given lesser ordeals... such as having a piece of 'sacred bread' placed in their mouth, and if they swallowed it, they were guilty - but would be given a less severe punishment than a common man who would have to walk across hot stones - and if his feet burned (inevitable) he'd be found guilty and put to death.

During the Witch Hunts across Europe, people accused of Witchcraft on the basis of superstitious beliefs - such as a person having a mole, a birthmark or a pet cat (seen as being 'a familiar' according to King Jame's in his wretched book 'Demonologie' about what he thought defined a Witch when he conducted the largest hunts and tortures of people across the British Isles) - had their hands and legs tied together and were thrown into a river or lake. If they drowned (which inevitably they did,) they were deemed as 'innocent' - but their families were consoled by the church priests that 'at least they died as an innocent person'.... (much consolation, huh?!)... but if by some chance they floated, they'd be accused of being a Witch and burned to death at the stake.

Some common sense came about during the European Age of Science, Reason and Logic... so centuries of trials by religious and superstitious ordeals were replaced with fair trials in courts for people who are accused of committing a crime. Otherwise people would still be going through inquistitions and torture ordeals.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,708
    Given: 8,357

1 Not allowed!

None of this secular talk about the "evol" middle ages, has anything to do with the topic.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

7 Not allowed!

A mod like Bezprym shouldn't be derailing the topic so much with completely off-topic discussion.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-16-2023 @ 05:04 AM
    In a remote province of the Planet of the Apes...
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,708
    Given: 8,357

1 Not allowed!

I think Greeks deserved to have Constantinople as their capital. A Russian Constantinople would have been OK too. I don't think the Russians would have started raiding through the Mediterranean or invade Egypt or some other shit. I wonder what Italians and Westerners would feel if Rome was a Muslim city now and the second city of a united Maghreb or something.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

1 Not allowed!

Perfidious Albion gonna perfidy...

Britain was a godless empire, so they would have had no interest in Constantinople being in Christian hands. Moreover, Russia has for a long time been the arch-nemesis of the Atlantic Empire, so it wouldn't have done something to strengthen Russia.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Agreed. There was also Trial by Ordeal for 1000 years in Europe. People who were accused of a 'sin' or a 'crime' would be tortured in the churches by religious ordeal to confess... or to determine an accused person's supposed 'innocence' or 'guilt'. I read a large book once called Trial By Ordeal and it was quite horrifying what ordeals people across Europe were placed through over the previous 1000 years.

Church Priests who were accused of a sin were given lesser ordeals... such as having a piece of 'sacred bread' placed in their mouth, and if they swallowed it, they were guilty - but would be given a less severe punishment than a common man who would have to walk across hot stones - and if his feet burned (inevitable) he'd be found guilty and put to death.

During the Witch Hunts across Europe, people accused of Witchcraft on the basis of superstitious beliefs - such as a person having a mole, a birthmark or a pet cat (seen as being 'a familiar' according to King Jame's in his wretched book 'Demonologie' about what he thought defined a Witch when he conducted the largest hunts and tortures of people across the British Isles) - had their hands and legs tied together and were thrown into a river or lake. If they drowned (which inevitably they did,) they were deemed as 'innocent' - but their families were consoled by the church priests that 'at least they died as an innocent person'.... (much consolation, huh?!)... but if by some chance they floated, they'd be accused of being a Witch and burned to death at the stake.

Some common sense came about during the European Age of Science, Reason and Logic... so centuries of trials by religious and superstitious ordeals were replaced with fair trials in courts for people who are accused of committing a crime. Otherwise people would still be going through inquistitions and torture ordeals.
    There were some similar on these lands - such trials have their roots in Pagan times though. Anyway, it has nothing to do with Constantinople and any of Russo-Turkish wars, so I'll stop here.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    I think Greeks deserved to have Constantinople as their capital. A Russian Constantinople would have been OK too. I don't think the Russians would have started raiding through the Mediterranean or invade Egypt or some other shit. I wonder what Italians and Westerners would feel if Rome was a Muslim city now and the second city of a united Maghreb or something.
    Why not Italian? Romans were there. Constantinople should definitely be Italian, as well as most of Europe!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information