"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Default Thinspiration

This anorexic is surprisingly sensible:

The Protein Diet

The idea
    The protein shakes, you can buy the individual protein shakes in health food stores. In the US you buy a big jar of Whey protein. In the jar is a scoop. Use one or two scoops, sometimes 1 /12 scoops to 8 oz liquid. The liquid needs to be sugarless. Artificially sweetened things are ok. Use crystal light or no sugar Kool Aid to give it some flavor. The protein you use has to be pure. No carbohydrates in it. What you end up using will depend on what is available in stores. The stuff I use is sold for athletes who want to gain weight. But it is the same protein. We just use a lot less and for a different reason. But maybe you can buy them already made up and just add liquid. Whichever works for you make them so that they are adequate to carry you through to the next meal. I started with two scoops and now use one most of the time. But you need to put protein into your body so it will convert to the faster metabolism.
    On this diet you do not need to count calories. It is designed that way on purpose. It is a diet that engages your metabolism and speeds it up. It also causes your body to make an appetite suppressant. It takes three days for the speeded up metabolism to happen. If you have too much carbohydrate, cheating, your metabolism will slow down again. I find I cheat sometime once a week but it does not seem to matter if I go right back to the diet and do not compound the problem. The closer you stick to the diet the quicker you loose.
    No beans corn rice, potatoes pasta bread carrots. Eat only what is on the diet. You can have two tablespoons olive oil. Only olive oil. I use vinegar on the salad greens and I have a lot of salad greens. I use balsamic vinegar on it; the dryer kind is what I like best. Soy sauce is ok Teriyaki is not. But generally no sauces. Pickles are unlimited. No sweet pickles. No sugar or other carbohydrates not on the diet. No vegetables not on the diet.

The Diet
    Breakfast
    non-fat yogurt
    protein shake

Lunch
    Protein shake
    4 oz meat/fish
    unlimited list A
    100 grams list B

Mid afternoon
    Protein shake

Diner
    4 oz meat/fish
    unlimited list A
    100 grams list B

Evening
    Protein shake

Lists

List A (unlimited)

broccoli
    celery
    cucumbers
    gherkin
    courgettes
    chicory
    spinach
    soy green pepper
    radish
    all kinds of salad greens

List B (100 grams)

Asparagus
    aubergine (eggplant)
    mushrooms
    cauliflower
    french beans
    Tomatoes
    turnip
    http://www.freewebs.com/ana-beauty/weightmanagement.htm

This is heavily edited, but anorexics know what they are talking about when they tell you to:

1. Drink a glass of water every hour. It will make you feel full.

2. Dont try to fast for days and days. First of all, fasting for long periods of time actually slows down the metabolism, second, it increases binge cravings immensely, and third, it affects your mood greatly. Instead of being happy for losing weight, youll be depressed simply because of lack of food.

3. If you live on your own or have a lot of privacy, tape/tack up pictures of your favorite models and always carry one around with you. When you're hungry pull out the picture. If you live on your own, tape them up on the fridge, freezer, and cupboards (just remember to take them down or cover them when people come over).

4. In between each mouthful of food that you eat, take a sip of water. It fills you up and slows down your eating so that you stay in control and the meal doesnt turn into a flat-out binge.

5. I would not recommend taking laxatives because they are not an effective way of purging, and you actually gain weight by taking them. There are natural laxatives though, found in foods like prunes and grapes. Also, there are certain sugar-free cough drops and candies that produce a laxative effect because of the sugar substitute used in them.

6. Try to eat in the same place every day. Somewhere solitary. Not in front of the TV or computer. If you have to stop what youre doing to go eat you might not even bother.

7. Eat what you crave. But eat it before you crave it in moderation. For instance, instead of a whole chocolate bar, get one of the small ones and only eat 1/2 of it. Allow yourself to enjoy it. Deprivation leads to bingeing.

8. Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Less than 6 hours sleep a night stimulates appetite by 15%. A lot of people with eating disorders suffer from insomnia, but it really is important to get as much sleep as possible.. Not just for weight loss, but because it helps the body stay healthy even though it is starving.

9. Always eat teaspoon size amounts of food at any one time and chew well. You will become fuller with less food so wont want to finish what's on your plate.

10. Try drinking more hot beverages, especially in fall and in winter. Hot liquids expand the intestinal tract and make you feel more full. A warm drink can help take the edge off your hunger, preventing overindulging later.

11. Focus especially on the first three bites. After that, the excitement of eating will begin to slowly subside, and you'll probably be content with a smaller portion.

12. Spicy foods raise your metabolism and burn slightly more calories than mild foods.

13. When you go out, take only a few bucks with you so when you walk past the pastry shops you can't afford anything.

14. Before you dig into that carton of ice cream, bag of chips, etc., take a deep breath and count to 100. Usually, by the time you stop counting you will have convinced yourself that you don't really need it.

15. Write a note to yourself listing all the reasons you are finally ready to lose weight. Keep this letter with you at all times, for inspiration.

16. You'll eat less on a black or navy blue plate.

17. Eat your sweets at breakfast

18. Track your triggers. Log them in a notebook, post them in your journal, whatever. This way youll know when a trigger is going to hit, and youll know in advance to keep yourself occupied during that time.

19. Sit up straight. You'll burn at least ten percent more calories sitting upright than reclining.

20. Always leave at least 3 hours between eating anything and going to sleep. If you eat before sleeping it can help you to put on weight, the 3 hours gives your body enough time to burn calories, which you wouldn't burn if you went to sleep.

21. Take a picture of yourself scantily clad, and every time you want to grab for the cake and cookies and ice-cream, just look at the picture (it could be nude but keep it hidden).

22. If you're in college, plan your schedule so that it spreads throughout the day. That way you won't have long gaps of time where you can pig out in your dorm.. Wont your friends be jealous when they gain the Freshman 15 and you havent?

23. Put your fork down in between bites at meal time.

24. Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day. This is an obvious one, but there are other reasons to due this, other than weight loss. Drinking water ensures that the kidneys are functioning properly. If you are not fully hydrated this means that the kidneys are not working to their full capacity and results are that the waste products are then dumped onto your liver, which is where the fat process actually occurs. Water actually speeds up your metabolism.

25. If you eat at night before you go to bed, make sure you lay on your left side. It makes the food go through your system faster and wont have as much time to suck fat out of the food. But remember that you shouldn't eat before you go to bed. It slows down your metabolism.

26. Remember, out of sight is out of mind. If there are goodies lying around on the counters or table, put them away and/or hide them. That way whenever you walk through the kitchen you won't be tempted.

27. Make vegetable soup with low cal veggies cut up in chunks. You can have a full bowl and feel full, but actually you havent eaten very many calories.

28. Eat breakfast! This gets your metabolism going.

29. Eat as slowly as you can. It takes your body around 30 minutes to realise it's full. Chew until the food dissolves in your mouth.

30. Eat in front of a mirror naked.

31. Count to 100 if you're having a craving. Hopefully it will go away.

32. Never eat past 7 pm.

33. Throw away the foods you think you'll binge on.

34. Carry a picture of your favourite trigger everywhere you go.

35. If you're binging, don't swallow the food, spit it out.

36. Eat your meals on smaller plates.

37. Pinch all your fat and see how disgusting it is and then you'll think that if you eat you'll just add more to it.

38. Obesity is disgusting. Remember that.

39. Thinspiration is your best friend. You think you've lost weight? Trust me you haven't. Just check out the models online and you'll realise that.

40. Live by the scales. It's right and you're FAT.

41. Watch what other people, especially fat people, eat and feel superior because they're feeding their bodies and getting fatter.

43. Eating in front of TV distracts you from your body's fullness signals, and you're more likely not to notice what you're eating. Do not do it.

Speaking as someone who eats to excess, I think that this is all sensible advice.
    Last edited by Fortis in Arduis; 09-30-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am going to give the protein diet another whirl:

The Protein Diet

The idea
    The protein shakes, you can buy the individual protein shakes in health food stores. In the US you buy a big jar of Whey protein. In the jar is a scoop. Use one or two scoops, sometimes 1 /12 scoops to 8 oz liquid. The liquid needs to be sugarless. Artificially sweetened things are ok. Use crystal light or no sugar Kool Aid to give it some flavor. The protein you use has to be pure. No carbohydrates in it. What you end up using will depend on what is available in stores. The stuff I use is sold for athletes who want to gain weight. But it is the same protein. We just use a lot less and for a different reason. But maybe you can buy them already made up and just add liquid. Whichever works for you make them so that they are adequate to carry you through to the next meal. I started with two scoops and now use one most of the time. But you need to put protein into your body so it will convert to the faster metabolism.
    On this diet you do not need to count calories. It is designed that way on purpose. It is a diet that engages your metabolism and speeds it up. It also causes your body to make an appetite suppressant. It takes three days for the speeded up metabolism to happen. If you have too much carbohydrate, cheating, your metabolism will slow down again. I find I cheat sometime once a week but it does not seem to matter if I go right back to the diet and do not compound the problem. The closer you stick to the diet the quicker you loose.
    No beans corn rice, potatoes pasta bread carrots. Eat only what is on the diet. You can have two tablespoons olive oil. Only olive oil. I use vinegar on the salad greens and I have a lot of salad greens. I use balsamic vinegar on it; the dryer kind is what I like best. Soy sauce is ok Teriyaki is not. But generally no sauces. Pickles are unlimited. No sweet pickles. No sugar or other carbohydrates not on the diet. No vegetables not on the diet.

The Diet
    Breakfast
    non-fat yogurt
    protein shake

Lunch
    Protein shake
    4 oz meat/fish
    unlimited list A
    100 grams list B

Mid afternoon
    Protein shake

Diner
    4 oz meat/fish
    unlimited list A
    100 grams list B

Evening
    Protein shake

Lists

List A (unlimited)

broccoli
    celery
    cucumbers
    gherkin
    courgettes
    chicory
    spinach
    soy green pepper
    radish
    all kinds of salad greens

List B (100 grams)

Asparagus
    aubergine (eggplant)
    mushrooms
    cauliflower
    french beans
    Tomatoes
    turnip
    I am not going to bother with the b-list vegetables, because I do not even like them.

I think that the green vegetables will do wonders for my skin, hair and energy levels. I will be making the protein shakes with hydrolysed soy protein and fat-free yoghurt, and I will be enjoying sauerkraut, which is also a wonderful probiotic, with the salad greens, tofu and the steamed greens.

I weigh 88kg.

02/10/2010

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to bodybuilding experts (and that works) I should be eating 2.75g of protein for each kilogram of lean body mass.

At 88kg, my lean body mass is 61.6kg, as fat constitutes 30% of my body weight, so that makes it 169.4g of protein per day.

On the protein diet plan there are five meals, which fits with my daily routine quite well.

Half a pot, or 250g of yoghurt provides 13.75g of protein.

Four protein shakes provide 69.2g of protein.

Which would leave me to find 77g of protein in tofu or another source...

Since firm tofu is about 7% protein, this would necessitate eating 1kg of tofu every day, which I think is excessive, and in fact, I would rather not eat the tofu at all...

The other option would be to double the intake of protein as protein shake.

Protein as protein shake is roughly twice the price of protein as tofu, but more digestible, and the entire protein intake for the day would cost less than Ł3=00, or about Ł17=20 per week.

That seems reasonable to me.

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Thread Information