Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Macedonian Elections, Who Are The Winners?

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Default Macedonian Elections, Who Are The Winners?

https://rezultati.sec.mk/Parliamenta...k-MK&r=r&rd=r1

Zaev's party seems to have done much better than before. So from what I see, it's Albanian parties that "pick the winner"? Seems like a pretty damn good scenario lol. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Last Online
    05-09-2019 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

This election is a big fraud. Just to evidence this СДСМ won Aracinovo, Debar, Zajas and Cair municipalities. So either the election is a fraud to take power away from Gruevski or Albanians are switching and starting to vote for Macedonian parties (not likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    https://rezultati.sec.mk/Parliamenta...k-MK&r=r&rd=r1

Zaev's party seems to have done much better than before. So from what I see, it's Albanian parties that "pick the winner"? Seems like a pretty damn good scenario lol. Correct me if I'm wrong!

An Albanian party always has to be a part of the ruling coalition. Even in 2014 when Gruevski won 61 seats and didn't need the Albanians they were still a part of the government. As far as Albanians picking a winner I'm not sure why you are happy as in 2014 the Albanian parties won 27 seats in the parliament. In this election they only won 20 seats and were ~17.83% of the votes. Im thinking the powers that be (ie the west) took Albanian votes and gave them all to СДСМ. I mean do you really think Aracinovo supports Zaev? LMFAO!!!

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MKLion View Post
    This election is a big fraud. Just to evidence this СДСМ won Aracinovo, Debar, Zajas and Cair municipalities. So either the election is a fraud to take power away from Gruevski or Albanians are switching and starting to vote for Macedonian parties (not likely)

An Albanian party always has to be a part of the ruling coalition. Even in 2014 when Gruevski won 61 seats and didn't need the Albanians they were still a part of the government. As far as Albanians picking a winner I'm not sure why you are happy as in 2014 the Albanian parties won 27 seats in the parliament. In this election they only won 20 seats and were ~17.83% of the votes. Im thinking the powers that be (ie the west) took Albanian votes and gave them all to СДСМ. I mean do you really think Aracinovo supports Zaev? LMFAO!!!
    If i am not wrong some Albanians were candidates for the party of Zaev.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    If i am not wrong some Albanians were candidates for the party of Zaev.
    He got massive support from Albanians it seems. Ali Ahmeti said this was a loss for Albanians, do you agree?

From the way I see it in this situation, although the Albanian parties lost much of their support, the influence of Albanians in general seems to have actually increased. Zaev has promised a multilingual country, no? Let's see how this turns out.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's obvious the Albanians changed and voted for Zaev's party, check the map again and check the massive decrease in votes that the Albanian parties got. It's not a secret.

They won less seats but from a logical standpoint they won much more influence. Gruevski had Albanians around his little finger, decent amount of seats but really no concrete changes in the structure of the country. Zaev on the other hand has promised bi-lingual country, he knows a key part of his voter base are Albanians.
    Last edited by Albobalboa; 12-12-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A lot more Albanian support on the ground than I'd expected.

Too bad more Albanian voters didn't support Zaev lol, that could've settled Macedonia as a bilingual state.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What I see these results mostly as is showing that both Macedonians and Albanians of Macedonia are getting pretty tired of being divided along ethnic lines. Macedonians who voted for Zaev knew well of his "multicultural-friendly" approach, and Albanians who voted for him knew very well that it would mean less influence of Albanian parties. I think Macedonia is heading towards a Belgium type state in the long run.

Lots of hate going on from both sides' radicals but my respect for Albanians of Macedonia and those Macedonians who voted for Zaev has increased. I'm really starting to like what the country is developing into.

Last Online
    05-09-2019 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    What I see these results mostly as is showing that both Macedonians and Albanians of Macedonia are getting pretty tired of being divided along ethnic lines. Macedonians who voted for Zaev knew well of his "multicultural-friendly" approach, and Albanians who voted for him knew very well that it would mean less influence of Albanian parties. I think Macedonia is heading towards a Belgium type state in the long run.

Lots of hate going on from both sides' radicals but my respect for Albanians of Macedonia and those Macedonians who voted for Zaev has increased. I'm really starting to like what the country is developing into.

All the Albanians did was minimize their power and split it among 4 political parties. VMRO just needs is DUI and another small party and the status quo remains (I am not a supporter of VMRO or DUI btw). So nothing was actually accomplished this round.

If Albanians really wanted to cause a difference, they would join all of their parties together into one like they did in Struga or Kichevo which actually caused change for those towns, but just like Macedonians they cant get along.

Do you really think a Macedonian + Albanian party will be able to function as one unit?

The main success of this election though is definitely is for the powers that be. By not having a clear majority the country will be stuck in political crisis for a long time. What this election should do though is teach Gruevski a lesson not to be such an asshat.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

All the Albanians did was minimize their power and split it among 4 political parties. VMRO just needs is DUI and another small party and the status quo remains (I am not a supporter of VMRO or DUI btw). So nothing was actually accomplished this round.

If Albanians really wanted to cause a difference, they would join all of their parties together into one like they did in Struga or Kichevo which actually caused change for those towns, but just like Macedonians they cant get along.

Do you really think a Macedonian + Albanian party will be able to function as one unit?

The main success of this election though is definitely is for the powers that be. By not having a clear majority the country will be stuck in political crisis for a long time. What this election should do though is teach Gruevski a lesson not to be such an asshat.
    Who will be the next PM of FYROM?

Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    Who will be the next PM of FYROM?
    51 (VMRO) + 10 (BDI) is 61, therefore Gruevski shall be the PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information