Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Macedonian Elections, Who Are The Winners?

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    I think Zaev will be the PM with the support of a coalition of Albanians.
    If that happens then this election has been a great step forward for Albanians. Gruevski who has done all that tough talking about Albanian never becoming official language in Macedonia and now it looks like the matter is settled. He has to beg Ali Ahmeti for support and that will require some major concessions.

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité
    Last Online
    08-24-2021 @ 02:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

The majority to learn the language of the minority is expensive. If the Albanians are willing to pay the teachers I am willing to learn Albanian. That is like Americans learning Spanish or Canadians learning French. The only true bilingual can be Albanians, Mexican Americans and French Canadians. I believe that Albanians think that Macedonians have to fiance the Albanian language classes. I hope Albanians are not so stupid to think that it is possible.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaArgus1 View Post
    The majority to learn the language of the minority is expensive. If the Albanians are willing to pay the teachers I am willing to learn Albanian. That is like Americans learning Spanish or Canadians learning French. The only true bilingual can be Albanians, Mexican Americans and French Canadians. I believe that Albanians think that Macedonians have to fiance the Albanian language classes. I hope Albanians are not so stupid to think that it is possible.
    Don't be an idiot, it's more about the principle where everything official in the country has to be written in Albanian as well as Macedonian. It helps Albanians who don't want to speak slavic and it also has a major symbolic effect. It is pretty much the biggest step towards a "Switzerland" type state, without the wealth.

I feel like you Macedonians here are slightly hurt over these results. Don't act like Gruevski who claimed Albanian would never become official in Macedonia wasn't a better option for you patriots. Even if he becomes PM again it will be after some good concessions.

Last Online
    02-19-2023 @ 03:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,542
    Given: 600

1 Not allowed!

Enough with this fake state..just split it between albania and bulgaria

Also unite kosovo and all southern montenegro with albania and everyone will be happy

Last Online
    02-19-2023 @ 03:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,542
    Given: 600

0 Not allowed!

albanians with new estimates are the 30-35% of the country which is like 700k or more..this state wont survive long

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    Don't be an idiot, it's more about the principle where everything official in the country has to be written in Albanian as well as Macedonian. It helps Albanians who don't want to speak slavic and it also has a major symbolic effect. It is pretty much the biggest step towards a "Switzerland" type state, without the wealth.

I feel like you Macedonians here are slightly hurt over these results. Don't act like Gruevski who claimed Albanian would never become official in Macedonia wasn't a better option for you patriots. Even if he becomes PM again it will be after some good concessions.
    That is not the case in bilingual country as Canada. Other than Quebec and New Brunswick French is not used where there is no French speakers. Why Albanian to used in Strumica?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That is not the case in bilingual country as Canada. Other than Quebec and New Brunswick French is not used where there is no French speakers. Why Albanian to used in Strumica?
    It will provide the platfom for Albanization, wherever Albanians live there will have to be all official documents also in Albanian. It will also change the identity of the country as a multicultural one from being a "Macedonian" state.

I'd gotten the impression that Gruevski was dominating, that was how it was depicted from internet Macedonians. Seems the situation on the ground is vastly different.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    It will provide the platfom for Albanization, wherever Albanians live there will have to be all official documents also in Albanian. It will also change the identity of the country as a multicultural one from being a "Macedonian" state.

I'd gotten the impression that Gruevski was dominating, that was how it was depicted from internet Macedonians. Seems the situation on the ground is vastly different.
    A platform for Albanisation or a platform for Makedonisation it is not up to you or up to me.
    The history will say the final word.

In my opinion the bilingual official documents will not make any difference. I simply ignore the French side of the federal documents.
    The Albanian side of the official Macedonian documents will not make Macedonians Albanians. It may please Albanians and some pro Albanian Europeans but it will not change the ethnic structure of Macedonia. You need to over-number the Macedonians if you want to take over Macedonia. That may or may not happen.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

What are those about? Better hurry up with the Old Serbia plan, seems things are heading south faster than was originally expected.

As for your earlier point, I agree. Future will tell how this ends up, both sides can see it as a win depending on their view of Macedonia. For the Macedonian nationalists who wanted a "pure" Macedonian state this is a loss, while for the Macedonians that want a Switzerland type state this is a win. For Albanians that wanted Ali Ahmeti to have a higher income this is a loss, for those Albanians that wanted the Albanian cause to advance this is a win.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information