Politics
    Good luck figuring me out...
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 7,801

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch-chan View Post
    what are your mysterious ways
    Has more to do with some aspects of my own life (how I identify as, how I see certain things in my life) than anything in particular that I actually do. It refers more to things that I do not know or understand than anything I am actually doing or not doing.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    What is your job what is it like to live and work in the usa do you practice any sports how do you keep fit
    I have lived in three general areas of the U.S. (midatlantic, deep south, and upper midwest). I enjoy it in the U.S. in general; taxes are typically lower than in Europe, although fewer services are provided (most people cannot obtain health insurance directly through the government, for instance). Culturally, the U.S. varies dramatically depending on where you exactly are. In the mid-Atlantic (Pennsylvania in particular), I found it very stifling in many ways. There was lots of discrimination that people faced; for instance, I have a friend who is Italian-American and naturally has dirty blonde hair. People would insult her for that, run down the street and pull on her hair when she was a kid. The job market was also terrible with high youth unemployment rates, etc. Most people I know who were successful left there, either to go to New York City in some cases, or in other cases to go to places like Minneapolis, Texas, and Seattle, where there is more economic mobility (i.e., you can go from being not wealthy to wealthier more easily and you get more for your money).

I generally had decent experiences in the South when I lived there, but the job market was also somewhat iffy. The weather was terrible in the summer (35C in the summer was routine with high humidity).Of course, those who are African-American generally have a difficult time there. At least, that was my sense. One nice thing about the South compared with Pennsylvania was there was a much stronger sense of community in many ways and the people were much more open and friendly in general. The food in the South is also delicious, but will kill you. It's called the "stroke belt" of the U.S. for a reason. The other nice thing about living in the South was that if I wanted to travel to another city, it was easy to do so. There were many cities and places worth seeing that one could easily drive to within 3-4 hours of where I was. I was also about two hours from the beach and two hours from the mountains. The nature there is also really nice, but the nature in Pennsylvania is nice too. The South has the midatlantic mostly beat in terms of natural beauty though.

Now in the upper midwest, I find it somewhat a mix of the two. People are nice here, but generally pretty reserved. Once they know you well, they are friends for life. Most of the towns here are much smaller compared with the South or the midAtlantic as I'm in a less urban area of the Midwest. The job market is very good here and it is easy to find work. In fact, the unemployment rate is like 3% in this state, which is pretty incredible. The cost of living is also mostly reasonable, the quality of healthcare is pretty good. In terms of natural beauty, there is not a lot right here, but you can drive to parks about 1-2 hours away. The hardest thing being here is that people are very slow to trust...as in like 1-2 years or more. Sports are huge here as well, but they were in the South too.

I used to play American football as a receiver as well as baseball when I was younger. I was good at both sports, but not incredible. Today, I play beach volleyball for fun sometimes and baseball when the weather is cooperative. I workout 5x a week, which involves a variety of things. I may make a longer post on that specifically later.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,177
    Given: 58,945

0 Not allowed!

Great post bro much info detailed answer. How was your life growing up how was high school how is dating life are you married do you have good friends what are your hobbies how does your diet look like
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Great post bro much info detailed answer. How was your life growing up how was high school how is dating life are you married do you have good friends what are your hobbies how does your diet look like
    Dating life is good. Have a girlfriend, but not married. Have had a few girlfriends over time, but have usually been with each girlfriend for a while. I have some friends here, more from where I lived previously. The largest group of friends I have are still in the midAtlantic mostly, and not right here. It helps that I'm a fairly simple person I think in many ways. My expectations in life are not that high; I am not interested in lavish holidays, living lavishly, eating at fancy restaurants, or any of those sorts of things. I just try to appreciate any opportunity in life that I get, and I always have looked for women who are similar to me regarding those sorts of expectations. It has sometimes been a challenge, but it has mostly worked out OK.

My life growing up was confused and strange, although high school itself was good. I had difficult relationships with many in my family, as we just had very different interests in life (with both sides actually) and I am a weird mix of my relatives in terms of personality. Many of them are very materialistic and are very interested in lavish and fancy things. I find them to be complete hedonists and they find me to be a scrooge. So go figure. We are still on good speaking relations though.

High School was not bad, I had many friends, I enjoyed playing sports, and I performed quite well academically, so I was able to go to a decent university and take advantage of the offerings that they had there. Many students do get tormented in high school though in really bad ways. If anyone tried to do anything to me, I would not tolerate it. If I got in trouble because of it, I didn't care. I wasn't there to act as a model citizen, and I did get in fights occasionally (sometimes physical). I was not the biggest kid in high school, but because I played football, most students did not bother me.

I have many hobbies...I enjoy traveling (not lavishly), I like to grill food, I read sometimes, I listen to music a lot. My diet is typical I think for people trying to stay in shape. I try to avoid refined carbs in general, I eat quite a bit of nuts and seeds; some meat (mostly chicken & fish, but some beef too), as well as some whole grain foods. I can be in touch with more specifics on this if you are interested.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,177
    Given: 58,945

0 Not allowed!

Yes id love to hear more specifics on your diet and workout
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes id love to hear more specifics on your diet and workout
    Diet basically revolves around 3 meals a day, plus some snacks (some would call these small meals too, but I don't consider them as such). For me, it's more about what I avoid: desserts, refined carbs, excessively fatty cuts of meat, and just general "junk food." That's not to say I never eat them, but it's rare. I also cook just about all of the time, and rarely eat out, except for celebrations, and sometimes, for date night. I eat lots of turkey, chicken breast, fish (salmon and trout mostly, but also other kinds sometimes).

For exercise, I lift 5x a week typically, but I alter my workout split quite a bit. I also do cardio 3-4x a week...more for heart health reasons, less for leanness per se. I have been lifting since I was 14 though for sports, so it's just something I'm used to. I focus on heavy compounds typically, but also mix in some other things. For cardio, I mostly bike, but will sometimes run on treadmill or use elliptical.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up