PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
The Random Thoughts/Notes Thread - Page 46
Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Thoughts/Notes Thread

Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

"And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes–powerful beams of light. Yes, it was a real light, a powerful, dazzling, blinding light, a light more intense than I had ever produced by the most powerful lamps in my laboratory." - Nikola Tesla

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes–powerful beams of light. Yes, it was a real light, a powerful, dazzling, blinding light, a light more intense than I had ever produced by the most powerful lamps in my laboratory." - Nikola Tesla

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,227

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by giulioimpa View Post
    if you think about it, to an hypothetical superintelligent artificial mind, all reality may be percieved as a simulation
    What would the purpose of the simulating the universe such as ours would be? In any case, there’s way too much redundancy in our universe. To elaborate, why would anyone want to have billions of star systems, black holes, or, most importantly, vast regions of void, if it means, that it’d just increase the time and space complexity of your simulation, when there’s really no reason for doing so, since you can just scale down your universe and get the same results? One reasonable assumption about nonhuman intelligence capable of simulating the whole universe is that it’d be efficient. Plus, if the aim of the said intelligence would be to somehow study or interact with conscious beings such as ourselves, while maintaining the illusion, that our universe is basically random event and we’re just a product of ‘natural’ proccesses (which isn’t unreasonable to assume, the motivation for this could be some ‘study’ in it’s equivalent of sociology or psychology), I think my reasoning still holds, as scaling things down, even to a large degree, would not cause us to suspect anything.

Parcere subiectis, debellare superbos. gıulıoımpa's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-02-2023 @ 09:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian(50% Campania-25% Piedmont 25% Ciociaria/m.lepini), plot slightly West of Abruzzo (x534 y390)
    Ancestry
    3/4 Southern Italy+ 1/4 Northwestern Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    J-L26 -(J2a1 ------> J-PF5197)
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Med(Berid-like)+Dinaric .Skull shape similar to:Sutz eneolithic skull
    Politics
    Pragmatism should prevail. I pick the better fruits from left and right. Issues must be faced.
    Hero
    Every intellectually honest person. I'll be precise with people who act precisely.
    Religion
    Agnostic. I appreciate some aspects of religion(s) .I despise others and who feels entitled by them
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,377
    Given: 3,153

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyaghrapada View Post
    What would the purpose of the simulating the universe such as ours would be? In any case, there’s way too much redundancy in our universe. To elaborate, why would anyone want to have billions of star systems, black holes, or, most importantly, vast regions of void, if it means, that it’d just increase the time and space complexity of your simulation, when there’s really no reason for doing so, since you can just scale down your universe and get the same results? One reasonable assumption about nonhuman intelligence capable of simulating the whole universe is that it’d be efficient. Plus, if the aim of the said intelligence would be to somehow study or interact with conscious beings such as ourselves, while maintaining the illusion, that our universe is basically random event and we’re just a product of ‘natural’ proccesses (which isn’t unreasonable to assume, the motivation for this could be some ‘study’ in it’s equivalent of sociology or psychology), I think my reasoning still holds, as scaling things down, even to a large degree, would not cause us to suspect anything.
    i think we as humans like to simplify and octimize because we are limited and have limited capabilities. thus we associate efficiency with simplicity and cause-effect reasoning.
    at that hypothetical level of computing power why even bother? it may be that even complex and seemingly random events that we can't even explain or grap are just the equivalent of our cause-effect reasoning for someone or something.

cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by giulioimpa View Post
    i think we as humans like to simplify and octimize because we are limited and have limited capabilities. thus we associate efficiency with simplicity and cause-effect reasoning.
    at that hypothetical level of computing power why even bother? it may be that even complex and seemingly random events that we can't even explain or grap are just the equivalent of our cause-effect reasoning for someone or something.

cool
    I’m glad you’re not commiting the ‘all intelligence is humanlike’ fallacy (in fact, even biological beings from other planets would probably be so psychologically alien to us, that we would probably not even recognize them as fellow sentinents, let alone some ‘eldritch abomination’ beyond the space and time), but plenty of our concepts seem to be universal, in one form or another. I believe, efficiency, as we understand it, is one of them. But ultimately, that’s just my belief, even though it seems to be a reasonable one, based on what we know about reality. When time complexity is not an issue, many programmers just basically CTRL C + CTRL V a brute force solution without considering the more efficient one. Maybe that’s what happened. If so, what does it say about the mysterious admins?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Wrong.
    LAWL. Quite an interesting thought. As pretty much always, depends on the definition. Does ‘not existing’ count as doing something?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,924
    Given: 18,997

2 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Parcere subiectis, debellare superbos. gıulıoımpa's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-02-2023 @ 09:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian(50% Campania-25% Piedmont 25% Ciociaria/m.lepini), plot slightly West of Abruzzo (x534 y390)
    Ancestry
    3/4 Southern Italy+ 1/4 Northwestern Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    J-L26 -(J2a1 ------> J-PF5197)
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Med(Berid-like)+Dinaric .Skull shape similar to:Sutz eneolithic skull
    Politics
    Pragmatism should prevail. I pick the better fruits from left and right. Issues must be faced.
    Hero
    Every intellectually honest person. I'll be precise with people who act precisely.
    Religion
    Agnostic. I appreciate some aspects of religion(s) .I despise others and who feels entitled by them
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,377
    Given: 3,153

1 Not allowed!

Cassettes and vinyls had A and B sides...then the next thing to come out were CD's. makes sense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread Information