Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,839
    Given: 1,251

0 Not allowed!

Default About european diaspora on Americas

From Wikipedia it would be the gross number of the european immigration on Americas.

the United States (32.6 million)
    Argentina (6.5 million)
    Canada (5.2 million)
    Brazil (4.4 million)
    Australia (2.9 million)
    Cuba (1.4 million)
    Uruguay (713k)
    Mexico (270k)
    Colombia (126k)
    Chile (90k)
    Puerto Rico (62k)
    Peru (30k)
    Paraguay (21k)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_diaspora

But we all know many of these immigrants returned back to their homelands some time later
    Is there such data in net numbers for each one of these countries? Thanks in advance.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,496
    Given: 36,937

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy Badger View Post
    From Wikipedia it would be the gross number of the european immigration on Americas.

the United States (32.6 million)
    Argentina (6.5 million)
    Canada (5.2 million)
    Brazil (4.4 million)
    Australia (2.9 million)
    Cuba (1.4 million)
    Uruguay (713k)
    Mexico (270k)
    Colombia (126k)
    Chile (90k)
    Puerto Rico (62k)
    Peru (30k)
    Paraguay (21k)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_diaspora

But we all know many of these immigrants returned back to their homelands some time later
    Is there such data in net numbers for each one of these countries? Thanks in advance.
    Venezuela received about 1 million of European immigrants between 1940s-1970s. That without mentioning that it also received about 300k European immigrants between its independence and WWII

LOL at countries like Colombia, Peru, Chile and Paraguay, being in that list, and not Venezuela, being the case that Venezuela received much more European immigrants than them, if we talk about the post independence era.

Edit: I read somewhere that out of the 300,000 European immigrants received by Venezuela between its independence and WWII, only 10% settled definitively in Venezuela, but that still counts as 30,000 Europeans who remained in Venezuela, and that without mentioning that many of the ones who returned to Europe left offspring in Venezuela. And Venezuela had in those years much less population than today. So the impact of the only 30,000 Europeans who settled definitively, plus the offspring of the many ones who returned to Europe but left their offspring in the country, left a significant impact into the whole Venezuelan genome.

However, most of the about 1 MILLION of Europeans who settled in Venezuela between 1940s and 1970s (and Venezuela only had around 5 millions of inhabitants by 1950s) definitively settled and had kids and grand kids in Venezuela.
    Last edited by alnortedelsur; 01-07-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

IMO the brute imigration number is useless beucase it doesent take ito consideration return rates and the size of the country recieving the immigrants. Foreign born/european born per census is much better

I did this some days ago, was going to make a thread but seems usefull for your thread. Its all official census info regarding foreigners and the impact in the host nation

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Venezuela received about 1 million of European immigrants between 1940s-1970s. That without mentioning that it also received about 300k European immigrants between its independence and WWII

LOL at countries like Colombia, Peru, Chile and Paraguay, being in that list, and not Venezuela, being the case that Venezuela received much more European immigrants than them, if we talk about the post independence era.
    thats because that list is for the 1850-1930 period

Last Online
    03-16-2019 @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    IMO the brute imigration number is useless beucase it doesent take ito consideration return rates and the size of the country recieving the immigrants. Foreign born/european born per census is much better

I did this some days ago, was going to make a thread but seems usefull for your thread. Its all official census info regarding foreigners and the impact in the host nation

An interesting quote about it in wiki

Despite the large number of immigrants arriving, people born outside of the United States formed a relatively small number of U.S. population: in 1910, foreigners were 14.7% of the country's population. Nothing similar to what happened in Argentina, which was the American country where immigrants had a larger impact in the ethnic composition. By 1914, 30% of Argentina's population was foreign-born, with 12% of its population born in Italy, the largest immigrant group. Next was Canada: by 1881, 14% of Canada's population was foreign-born, and the proportion increased to 22% in 1921. In Brazil the proportion of immigrants in the national population was much smaller, and immigrants tended to be concentrated in the central and Southern parts of the country. The proportion of foreigners in Brazil peaked in 1920, with just 7%, mostly Italians, Portuguese, and Spaniards.[34] In 1901–1920 immigration was responsible for only 7 percent of Brazilian population growth but in the years of high immigration, 1891–1900, the share was as high as 30 percent (higher than Argentina's 26% in the 1880s).
    Argentina got the biggest impact of those europeans immigrants

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Edit: I read somewhere that out of the 300,000 European immigrants received by Venezuela between its independence and WWII, only 10% settled definitively in Venezuela, but that still counts as 30,000 Europeans who remained in Venezuela, and that without mentioning that many of the ones who returned to Europe left offspring in Venezuela. And Venezuela had in those years much less population than today. So the impact of the only 30,000 Europeans who settled definitively, plus the offspring of the many ones who returned to Europe but left their offspring in the country, left a significant impact into the whole Venezuelan genome.

However, most of the about 1 MILLION of Europeans who settled in Venezuela between 1940s and 1970s (and Venezuela only had around 5 millions of inhabitants by 1950s) definitively settled and had kids and grand kids in Venezuela.
    Interesting. Venezuela received more immigrants from europe than Cuba?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    thats because that list is for the 1850-1930 period
    It still ignores that Venezuela received about 300k European immigrants during that period.

And I also took into account that many of them returned to Europe, but about 30,000 settled definitively in Venezuela, and many of the ones who returned to Europe left offspring in Venezuela.

Check my answer again, since I just edited it.
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

An interesting quote about it in wiki

Argentina got the biggest impact of those europeans immigrants
    If you check my chart all of that quote is in accordance with what i am saying/showing. Foreign born per census is the best to show real impact.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Interesting. Venezuela received more immigrants from europe than Cuba?
    Yes, it did. If Cuba is more Euro than Venezuela is because it had got a much smaller population than Venezuela.

Venezuela also received Quantitatively more European immigrants than Uruguay, but we all know that Uruguay is noticeably more European than Venezuela, because the impact of the European immigration was much bigger in there, because Uruguay is a small country.

Indeed, Venezuela is the Latin American country that received the third largest European immigration in raw numbers, just after Brazil and Argentina. If we talk about proportions, we all know that Uruguay, Cuba and Puerto Rico are more Euro than Venezuela, but I just talk about raw numbers of European immigrants.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes, it did. If Cuba is more Euro than Venezuela is because it had got a much smaller population than Venezuela.

Venezuela also received Quantitatively more European immigrants than Uruguay, but we all know that Uruguay is noticeably more European than Venezuela, because the impact of the European immigration was much bigger in there, because Uruguay is a small country.

Indeed, Venezuela is the Latin American country that received the third largest European immigration in raw numbers, just after Brazil and Argentina. If we talk about proportions, we all know that Uruguay, Cuba and Puerto Rico are more Euro than Venezuela, but I just talk about raw numbers of European immigrants.
    It seems that Venezuela's case is similar to Brazil. We also received more europeans than countries like Cuba, Uruguay, etc. But we are less european admixed than the average citizen of these countries.
    See how immigrant impact in Brazil and Venezuela on the Argentano's chart is similar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information