PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Azerbadjan - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Azerbadjan

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

5 Not allowed!

I was in Azerbaijan a few days ago. This country proved to be a nice surprise. First, I didn't expect much of it, after all, it's the most authoritarian regime in Transcaucasus.
    And in fact, many people still worship former President Heydar Aliyev.

But on the other hand, people are very educated and independent. Dominant religion is Shia Islam, but unlike its Iranian neighbor, the country is very secularized and westernised (more than Armenia, which remains stuck in Soviet times for most of the country). Baku is a self-aware city with its dazzling skyscrapers, but the oil money remained in the capital city, outside, the country is still underdeveloped.

Azerbaijanis are in my opinion the kindest people in whole Transcaucasus. Tourists are still a source of curiosity. They are often willing to help foreigners. In my case, it was pretty obvious, especially because I speak a little bit Turkish, a language very similar to Azeri, and there's a strong Turkish fraternity in all Eurasia.

Azerbaijan is neither Europe, nor Asia, it's like an island floating between two realms, situated on the shores of a sea that isn't really a sea. (Georgia is really pro-European and West-oriented while Armenia is more like a Russian satellite.)
    Last edited by Melki; 08-27-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ------
    Ethnicity
    ----------
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,351
    Given: 1,018

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    I was in Azerbaijan a few days ago. This country proved to be a nice surprise. First, I didn't expect much of it, after all, it's the most authoritarian regime in Transcaucasus.

But on the other hand, people are very educated and independent. Dominant religion is Shia Islam, but unlike its Iranian neighbor, the country is very secularized and westernised (more than Armenia, which remains stuck in Soviet times for most of the country). Baku is a self-aware city with its dazzling skyscrapers, but the oil money remained in the capital city, outside, the country is still underdeveloped.

Azerbaijanis are in my opinion the kindest people in whole Transcaucasus. Tourists are still a source of curiosity. They are often willing to help foreigners. In my case, it was pretty obvious, especially because I speak a little bit Turkish, a language very similar to Azeri, and there's a strong Turkish fraternity in all Eurasia.

Azerbaijan is neither Europe, nor Asia, it's like an island floating between two realms, situated on the shores of a sea that isn't really a sea. (Georgia is really pro-European and West-oriented while Armenia is more like a Russian satellite.)
    Interesting to read your small reports and impressions about Caucasus countries.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,960
    Given: 11,667

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
    This country isn't clear for me. Except for the war against armenia, we don't really know where put this country.

As they are shia, we can expect they are closer to Iran and Assad. It seems they are good friend with Iran and Russia a bit but they don't participate at all in the syrian operation. They prefer focus on Armenia?
    In the same time, azeris are very close to Turk and surprisingly Israel.

This country seems to try to ally everybody, to conquer Karabakh without outside opposition.
    To quote an Azeri friend of mine

"We're like Jews, but less intelligent."

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post

Um, did you get a little drunk there, because you're talking like a gullible tourist?

Those "kindest people in whole Transcaucus" would look mean spirited if you'd visited Karabakh first; in fact, they wouldn't have let you into the country. Those whom try to get into Azerbaijan without disguising their visit to Karabakh are considered to be persona non grata; unless, they find themselves a new home in Azerbaijan's prison system, as was the case with the Israeli Russian Jew, Alexander Lapshin. Alexander Lapshin, found himself a new residence in Azerbaijan's prison system, because he visited Armenia's Karabakh stronghold, and spoke out against Baku, Azerbaijan's political evils.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Journalist Alexander Lapshin was extradicted to Azerbaijan by Belarus and taken to prison in Baku for visiting Nagorno Karabakh.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-15-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,971
    Given: 7,963

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Um, did you get a little drunk there, because you're talking like a gullible tourist?

Those "kindest people in whole Transcaucus" would look pretty mean spirited if you'd visited Karabakh first; in fact, they wouldn't have let you into the country. Those whom try to get into Azerbaijan without disguising their visit to Karabakh are considered to be persona non grata; unless, they find themselves a new home in Azerbaijan's prison system, as was the case with the Israeli Russian Jew, Alexander Lapshin. Alexander Lapshin, found himself a new residence in Azerbaijan's prison system, because he visited Armenia's Karabakh stronghold, and spoke out against Baku, Azerbaijan's political evils.
    How about the fact that you can't even tolerate a positive comment about Azerbaijan?

Not to mention Armenia is the shittiest country in the region, in every aspect.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2020 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    prehistoric peoples
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,839
    Given: 341

1 Not allowed!

message from Ossetians to Armenians

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,960
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

The Azeri I know has an Armenian grandmother and a bunch of Armenian relatives he has never (probably never) met but is aware exist and their whereabouts. He doesn't like talking about the Armeno-Azeri conflict, so I'm probably not linking him this thread ever.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 08:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ------
    Ethnicity
    ----------
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,351
    Given: 1,018

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Those "kindest people in whole Transcaucus" would look mean spirited if you'd visited Karabakh first; in fact, they wouldn't have let you into the country. Those whom try to get into Azerbaijan without disguising their visit to Karabakh are considered to be persona non grata; unless, they find themselves a new home in Azerbaijan's prison system, as was the case with the Israeli Russian Jew, Alexander Lapshin. Alexander Lapshin, found himself a new residence in Azerbaijan's prison system, because he visited Armenia's Karabakh stronghold, and spoke out against Baku, Azerbaijan's political evils.
    Azerbaijanis are not used to see foreigners often, so yes, they are very kind and helpful to them. More deep in the countryside you go, more kind people you see. Everybody tries to feed you and give tea. That was true for Georgia also, 10-15 years ago you could get free vine in villages, but now everything is commercialized because of tourist flow has increased.

So i'm pretty sure Melki is right, Azeris are kindest people, if you are not Armenian of course

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2020 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    prehistoric peoples
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,839
    Given: 341

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by user_ View Post
    Azerbaijanis are not used to see foreigners often, so yes, they are very kind and helpful to them. More deep in the countryside you go, more kind people you see. Everybody tries to feed you and give tea. That was true for Georgia also, 10-15 years ago you could get free vine in villages, but now everything is commercialized because of tourist flow has increased.

So i'm pretty sure Melki is right, Azeris are kindest people, if you are not Armenian of course

what made you frustrated that you disliked my previous post? It's because you got cucked by Russian troops in 08.08.08?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information