View Poll Results: Which is more culturally similar to Turkey?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greece

23 50.00%
  • Pakistan

21 45.65%
  • Both in equal measure

2 4.35%
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Which country is culturally more similar to Turkey: Greece or Pakistan?

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,185
    Given: 16,906

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzikert View Post
    being muslim makes someone closer to all the other muslim populations on earth by default.
    You're absolutely correct sir, being Muslim does make you closer to other Muslim nations no matter where you come from. As an Islamit that you are, you should know that Islam unlike modern Christianity and Judaism is more than just a religion but instead a threefold system (a religious-political-cultural ideology) with the ultimate goal to subjugate the world to itself. That's why you will always be way more similar to other Muslims than anything else, as you are brought up in that ideology and can relate way more to someone as far as Pakistan than someone from Greece.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Greeks voting Pakistan. I voted Turkey, but don't worry, I didn't call your country similar to Turkey at all. I just called Pakistan less similar. Example this is a very mainstream in Turkey, especially outside of Izmir.

Greece is far from that, very far in fact.

I like secularist Turks though and I consider Turkey civilized and Pakistan not. So there's that. But religious background is persistent and the seeds of secularism take a while to take root (generation). Turkey is having a backlash period after a wave of secularism as a result of villagers having moved to the cities and getting educated.
    This is the uneducated Turkish man of the street. the Greek man of the street is also too religious for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    Of course everyone that speaks openly about Islam as he does and has strong pro-Western ideologies will be labeled as pro-American and pro-Zionist. That is quite typical. Nevertheless you can read his articles\books, hear his interviews, debates and speeches and draw your own conclusions. What he says makes a lot of sense, is objective and quite accurate.

I have said this countless times but how is it irrational to "fear" an hate-driven religious ideology like Islam? It is the duty of every European with a conscious mind to not accept or make this subhuman ideologies\religions "welcome" in the old continent. Once and for all, there is no such thing as "moderate Islam".
    I don't like to be brainwashed. He's maybe a bright researcher, but not a great professor.
    Come on, Del Valle wrote that Americans are using Islamists in order to destroy Europe. Bullshit ! Besides, he regularly writes for right-wing news magazines, the kind of magazines I will never spend 1 cent for !

Enough said.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    I don't like to be brainwashed. He's maybe a bright researcher, but not a great professor.
    Come on, Del Valle wrote that Americans are using Islamists in order to destroy Europe. Bullshit ! Besides, he regularly writes for right-wing news magazines, the kind of magazines I will never spend 1 cent for !

Enough said.
    That's your opinion on him. I would be worried if he was writing chronicles to the magazines you like to read, lol. Another prove that he is neutral is that he writes in right-wing magazines since he is not right-wing (his political party is the union pour un mouvement populaire, which is centrist democrat).

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,450
    Given: 31,624

1 Not allowed!

Greece, obviously. countryside Greeks are very Orthodox, almost as much as countryside Turks are very Muslim, so if you base your opinion on religion-related differences, it's not like that

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

You're absolutely correct sir, being Muslim does make you closer to other Muslim nations no matter where you come from. As an Islamit that you are, you should know that Islam unlike modern Christianity and Judaism is more than just a religion but instead a threefold system (a religious-political-cultural ideology) with the ultimate goal to subjugate the world to itself. That's why you will always be way more similar to other Muslims than anything else, as you are brought up in that ideology and can relate way more to someone as far as Pakistan than someone from Greece.
    You have a point about Islam's being more than just a "belief". However you seem to be plainly ignorant by assuming all the muslim nations in the world are copy of each other and disregarding the effect of culture, geography, different understandings of Islam and etc. Pakistan in that regard is world apart from Turkey. Plus, despite the Islamist government that is currently ruling Turkey, majority of the Turkish population don't have such extremist Islamic views, not to mention not all the voters of Erdogan's party are doing that beacuse of their Islamist POV. Your cherrypicked youtube videos are far beyond proving anything. Your baised and prejudiced views toward Turkey and Turks make you loose your all credibility on this subject.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-23-2023 @ 11:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 640
    Given: 414

1 Not allowed!

I personally had voted Greece but I agree with catgeorge. We aren't similar culturally. I don't think that Turks are similar to Pakis either. Basically the problem is Tooting Carmen because whatever anyone answers it would still seem wrong.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-12-2022 @ 03:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 1,104

1 Not allowed!

Greece ,both genetically and culturally
    Posted by Turkic Wannabe Greek Rape Product, Witness

And I dont even talk about almost full Europids like Türkmens, Tatars, Bashkirs, etc. Kazakhs, Khakassia etc are few fringes.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

0 Not allowed!

That's your opinion on him. I would be worried if he was writing chronicles to the magazines you like to read, lol. Another prove that he is neutral is that he writes in right-wing magazines since he is not right-wing (his political party is the union pour un mouvement populaire, which is centrist democrat).
    Wrong. This demonstrates you are not well informed about France. The UMP doesn't exist anymore. It has been replaced by Les Républicains and it's the big conservative party in France.

And that's the magazine I like to read, one of the most respected in France. There's also a Brazilian edition translated in Portuguese.

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Monde_diplomatique

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-12-2022 @ 03:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 1,104

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The.Mask View Post
    Pakistan have more in common with India but definitly not with Turkey especially with Western turks wich have mostly Balkans blood. Rest have mongol blood but then it would have been better to ask about Mongolia, Pakistan is not a good choice.
    What an İmbecile
    Western Anatolian Turks have highest East-Eurasian Admixture
    Posted by Turkic Wannabe Greek Rape Product, Witness

And I dont even talk about almost full Europids like Türkmens, Tatars, Bashkirs, etc. Kazakhs, Khakassia etc are few fringes.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzikert View Post
    You have a point about Islam's being more than just a "belief". However you seem to be plainly ignorant by assuming all the muslim nations in the world are copy of each other and disregarding the effect of culture, geography, different understandings of Islam and etc. Pakistan in that regard is world apart from Turkey. Plus, despite the Islamist government that is currently ruling Turkey, majority of the Turkish population don't have such extremist Islamic views, not to mention not all the voters of Erdogan's party are doing that beacuse of their Islamist POV. Your cherrypicked youtube videos are far beyond proving anything. Your baised and prejudiced views toward Turkey and Turks make you loose your all credibility on this subject.
    1. They are not a copy of each other but they are very much correlated, just like most European nations are correlated to each other mostly due to their Christian basis\roots.

2. You might think that Pakistan is a world apart from Turkey but it is still more similar than Orthodox Greece, that's for sure. You share the same faith.

3. The government is shifting Turkey towards a more Islamic state, where Kemalism is each day that passes more obsolete. It is slowly turning into another non-secular Islamic nation like Pakistan, unlike Greece.

4. My cherry picked videos are accurate in their content.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information