Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,628
    Given: 697

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    1)Tucuman seems to be more colonial mestizo and recieved a good amount of europeans and middle easterns. Salta was probably more amerindian (more in the borders of the country), recieved less europeans and more Bolivians.

2) Salta and Jujuy were probably mestizo/indomestizo and NEVER stopped recieving Bolivians. We are the only country of Latin America that always recieved limitrofe immigrants in relevant numbers. Even Uruguayans.

3) Yeah you are right it should have been central. Dont know why i put it as south

This is the regional result using mendoza as central

Oh I see.

Pretty interesting though because Tucuman doesn't seem to be especially different from the Northwest in terms of geography or whatever.

Does Salta have a distinctive accent?

Haha maybe you did it unconsciously so the South didn't end up so unpopulated, but truth be told it is a pretty unpopulated area in the first place.

I don't think I could live in the Chilean or Argentinian Patagonia even though it's beautiful. Too few people, I'd get depressed.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Costas View Post
    Oh I see.

Pretty interesting though because Tucuman doesn't seem to be especially different from the Northwest in terms of geography or whatever.

Does Salta have a distinctive accent?

Haha maybe you did it unconsciously so the South didn't end up so unpopulated, but truth be told it is a pretty unpopulated area in the first place.

I don't think I could live in the Chilean or Argentinian Patagonia even though it's beautiful. Too few people, I'd get depressed.
    I said Tucuman but i meant that most NOA (Tucuman, Santiago del Estero, Catamarca) seem to have been mestizo in colonial times. I forgot to post the pic but the study tha tested Tucuman, Salta and Catamarca had Catamarca as full balanced mestizo

Regarding the south yes i think it was to balance the chart but its actully more reasonable to have mendoza as center. In facat Mendoza was 30% european born in 1914 which is "very pampean"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-27-2022 @ 08:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I said Tucuman but i meant that most NOA (Tucuman, Santiago del Estero, Catamarca) seem to have been mestizo in colonial times. I forgot to post the pic but the study tha tested Tucuman, Salta and Catamarca had Catamarca as full balanced mestizo

Regarding the south yes i think it was to balance the chart but its actully more reasonable to have mendoza as center. In facat Mendoza was 30% european born in 1914 which is "very pampean"
    That was my question though, it surprises me that "similar" provinces are so different.

Tucumán seems European-leaning, Catamarca seems pretty balanced and Salta seems Amerindian-leaning. Its pretty interesting.

I'd say Northern Chilean regions are more similar in that regard, and the small difference (Antofagasta being more European than Arica-Parinacota and Tarapacá) is easily explained by the fact that Antofagasta received quite a few Croats by the time of the saltpeter boom.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That was my question though, it surprises me that "similar" provinces are so different.

Tucumán seems European-leaning, Catamarca seems pretty balanced and Salta seems Amerindian-leaning. Its pretty interesting.

I'd say Northern Chilean regions are more similar in that regard, and the small difference (Antofagasta being more European than Arica-Parinacota and Tarapacá) is easily explained by the fact that Antofagasta received quite a few Croats by the time of the saltpeter boom.
    Well an explanation could be that catamarca is mostly colonial, Tucuman recieved many european immigrants and Salta recieved many Bolivians.

Look at the difference between Tucuman and Catamarca regarding population born in europe. 8% vs 1% in 1914. If we were only counting adults it would be something like 16% vs 2% european born.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well an explanation could be that catamarca is mostly colonial, Tucuman recieved many european immigrants and Salta recieved many Bolivians.

Look at the difference between Tucuman and Catamarca regarding population born in europe. 8% vs 1% in 1914. If we were only counting adults it would be something like 16% vs 2% european born.

Oh yeah the difference is pretty striking. That's why then, really interesting thanks for sharing dude.

I'm surprised about Comodoro Rivadavia. I wonder why it scores a bit over 50% European even though 20% of its population was European at some point. It might even have to do with Chileans moving to the Patagonia during the Pinochet era, what do you think?

---

A todo esto una amiga bien cercana de la Universidad es argentina (creo que ya te había dicho) y mañana se va a estudiar por un semestre a NYU.

Se ve como típica porteña para ti o no?? De ahí te digo su ascendencia.

Spoiler!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Oh yeah the difference is pretty striking. That's why then, really interesting thanks for sharing dude.

I'm surprised about Comodoro Rivadavia. I wonder why it scores a bit over 50% European even though 20% of its population was European at some point. It might even have to do with Chileans moving to the Patagonia during the Pinochet era, what do you think?

---

A todo esto una amiga bien cercana de la Universidad es argentina (creo que ya te había dicho) y mañana se va a estudiar por un semestre a NYU.

Se ve como típica porteña para ti o no?? De ahí te digo su ascendencia.

Spoiler!
    Y si puede ser lo de comodoro rivadavia me pa que el estudio dice de donde son los abuelos de cada muestra. Fiajte.

La piba se me hace onda harniza algo asi. No diria que es la tipica persona de Bs As pero obvio que pasa. Hasta los senegaleses pasan ahora XD

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Y si puede ser lo de comodoro rivadavia me pa que el estudio dice de donde son los abuelos de cada muestra. Fiajte.

La piba se me hace onda harniza algo asi. No diria que es la tipica persona de Bs As pero obvio que pasa. Hasta los senegaleses pasan ahora XD
    Jaja dale mañana lo veo, pero sí a mí Comodoro me pareció bastante mestizo en general, y además de que de todas las ciudades de Chubut es lejos la más fea y la que se ve más pobre así que puede ser que en general mucha gente de clase baja se fue a vivir allá de todos lados y por eso son más mestizos.

--
    JAJAJA hasta los senegaleses qué pelotudo.

En serio?? Jaja puede ser. Igual raro porque su apellido paterno es alemán y bueno su apellido materno español, pero es porteña nacida y criada y de clase alta jaja. Debe ser una excepción.

Spoiler!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Jaja dale mañana lo veo, pero sí a mí Comodoro me pareció bastante mestizo en general, y además de que de todas las ciudades de Chubut es lejos la más fea y la que se ve más pobre así que puede ser que en general mucha gente de clase baja se fue a vivir allá de todos lados y por eso son más mestizos.

--
    JAJAJA hasta los senegaleses qué pelotudo.

En serio?? Jaja puede ser. Igual raro porque su apellido paterno es alemán y bueno su apellido materno español, pero es porteña nacida y criada y de clase alta jaja. Debe ser una excepción.

Spoiler!
    XD

ahi en la foto familiar si tienen pinta de porteños blancos todos. A veces ver la familia es mejor.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Hay una Genetista que esta realizando estudios geneticos en el Sur de Argentina y por ahora los resultados son los siguientes

http://www.conicet.gov.ar/genes-del-...-que-pensamos/

Amerindian Ancestry

San Carlos de Bariloche: 25%
    Puerto Madryn: 25%
    Trelew: 27%
    Comodoro Rivadavia: 41%
    Esquel: 44%

Por su parte, recientemente se analizaron 46 AIMs registrando un aporte amerindio diferencial entre las localidades de Esquel: 44%, Comodoro Rivadavia: 41%, Puerto Madryn: 25%, Trelew: 27% y San Carlos de Bariloche: 25%

Por eso es importante ver donde se toman las muestras porque fijate que AUN EN LA MISMA PROVINCIA O REGION los resultados pueden cambiar bastante. 25% amerindio en Bariloche es casi un "resultado pampeano"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

XD

ahi en la foto familiar si tienen pinta de porteños blancos todos. A veces ver la familia es mejor.
    Jaja sisi por eso puse la foto de la familia.

Hay una Genetista que esta realizando estudios geneticos en el Sur de Argentina y por ahora los resultados son los siguientes

http://www.conicet.gov.ar/genes-del-...-que-pensamos/

Amerindian Ancestry

San Carlos de Bariloche: 25%
    Puerto Madryn: 25%
    Trelew: 27%
    Comodoro Rivadavia: 41%
    Esquel: 44%

Por eso es importante ver donde se toman las muestras porque fijate que AUN EN LA MISMA PROVINCIA O REGION los resultados pueden cambiar bastante. 25% amerindio en Bariloche es casi un "resultado pampeano"
    Bariloche está lleno de porteños y de descendientes de los suizos que lo fundaron jaja yo he ido tres veces, es precioso deberíai ir.

Muchos de los vendedores de ropa etc. son jóvenes porteños que se van a vivir allá por un tiempo. Debe ser la ciudad más europea de todo el sur de Argentina en mi opinión.

Ushuaia también parecía más europea que el resto pero está llena de chilenos jaja.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information