Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What`s the problem with Viriato.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-01-2022 @ 08:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,458
    Given: 6,396

3 Not allowed!

What again ? Personnaly I've never been bothered by Viriato, even if we used to disagree or to think differently on some matters we never attacked each others and he's always respectful. To me he is frankly speaking and I guess that's why he makes some members ennemies around... At least if he didn't insult you, you can wisely deal with him alone.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

9 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Sadly, yes. Albanians have huge inferiority complexes. First of all because they don't know their own history. Their view of history isn't a local Albanian view of history, but a Western view of history. The very charge someone like Laberia levels against the Greeks on this forum is something he himself and Albanians in general are also guilty of. Secondly, because the Albanian national identity is very shallow, a topic I have touched on before to no use. Thirdly, because Albanian society is highly uprooted. It is being thrown right into postmodernity without ever having experienced modernity. With many of them passion and thought are completely inseparable, which is why arguing with them is more like arguing with a feral dog than a reasonable person.
    One Albanian member, Ylla, goes out of her way to show that I am right in pointing this out. Instead of trying to understand what it is I am saying, she reacts emotionally by thumbing down, like a petulant little girl. I generally disagree strongly, on a far more principled basis than Laviria does, with Viriato, and don't think he ever discusses in good faith. But that doesn't mean I will always disagree with him even if he's right, because it isn't personal. This is true even if I don't believe he is right on a principled ground in good faith.

The point of what I am saying is that Albanians don't view history on their own terms, which they do not have, but entirely on the terms of Western intellectual thought and trends. This is completely unacceptable, but it will remain that way for as long as idiots lead the nation politically, intellectually and spiritually. The charge Laviria levies against the Greeks is exactly that the Greek historical understandings were shaped by Western philhellenes, which is absolutely true, is one he doesn't levy against Albanians, because he doesn't have the self-insight, nor the character, to do so. That he accuses Scholarios Chiotis of this irks me even more when Scholarios undoubtedly always tries his best to argue in good faith, is the least guilty of such type of thinking and is mountain peaks above Laviria as a character.

Both Albanians and Greeks should do their utmost to free themselves from this Western intellectual occupation. There is nothing good in genuinely Anglo-American thought. The sort of intellectual trend I talk about is something I only know of in Russia, which is where both nations should look to learn. As Dugin says, Russians have their own Russian truths. We Albanians should also have our own Albanian truths.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

One Albanian member, Ylla, goes out of her way to show that I am right in pointing this out. Instead of trying to understand what it is I am saying, she reacts emotionally by thumbing down, like a petulant little girl. I generally disagree strongly, on a far more principled basis than Laviria does, with Viriato, and don't think he ever discusses in good faith. But that doesn't mean I will always disagree with him even if he's right, because it isn't personal. This is true even if I don't believe he is right on a principled ground in good faith.

The point of what I am saying is that Albanians don't view history on their own terms, which they do not have, but on the terms of Western intellectual thought and trends. This is completely unacceptable, but it will remain that way for as long as idiots lead the nation politically, intellectually and spiritually. The charge Laviria levies against the Greeks is exactly that the Greek historical understandings were shaped by Western philhellenes, which is absolutely true, is one he doesn't levy against Albanians, because he doesn't have the self-insight, nor the character, to do so. That he accuses Scholarios Chiotis of this irks me even more when Scholarios undoubtedly always tries his best to argue in good faith, is the least guilty of such type of thinking and is mountain peaks above Laviria as a character.

Both Albanians and Greeks should do their utmost to free themselves from this Western intellectual occupation. There is nothing good in genuinely Anglo-American thought. The sort of intellectual trend I talk about is something I only know of in Russia, which is where both nations should look to learn.
    Well, I'm not Portuguese and not Albanian to give an advice here... but that gives me some kind of neutrality as well. Your posts on this thread are the most neutral, respectful and cold logical developed, IMO.

There is no point to develop a cyberforum war in Portugal section about Albanian problems, I don't understand why this came from an individual disagreement to something bigger about nations.

Loved by all portuguese members Tobi's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-24-2017 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, 1/8 Hungarian
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,381
    Given: 5,681

4 Not allowed!

Viriato is my sockaccount

Last Online
    03-18-2021 @ 10:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lombardy
    Taxonomy
    FAIL! Try genetics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 6,140

3 Not allowed!

Can't you report him to mods or block him or settle this privately instead of making all this fuss?
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,529
    Given: 10,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
    Well, I'm not Portuguese and not Albanian to give an advice here... but that gives me some kind of neutrality as well. Your posts on this thread are the most neutral, respectful and cold logical developed, IMO.

There is no point to develop a cyberforum war in Portugal section about Albanian problems, I don't understand why this came from an individual disagreement to something bigger about nations.
    They're not neutral. He is a self hater and is even Orthodox. He projects his mentality on us.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    They're not neutral. He is a self hater and is even Orthodox. He projects his mentality on us.
    I don't know about who he is, I just read he is developing his arguments in a respectful form and that's important to keep on a quality discussion.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
    I don't know about who he is, I just read he is developing his arguments in a respectful form and that's important to keep on a quality discussion.
    She probably knows that, but it's personal.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,022
    Given: 16,802

2 Not allowed!

The point of what I am saying is that Albanians don't view history on their own terms, which they do not have, but entirely on the terms of Western intellectual thought and trends. This is completely unacceptable, but it will remain that way for as long as idiots lead the nation politically, intellectually and spiritually. The charge Laviria levies against the Greeks is exactly that the Greek historical understandings were shaped by Western philhellenes, which is absolutely true, is one he doesn't levy against Albanians, because he doesn't have the self-insight, nor the character, to do so. That he accuses Scholarios Chiotis of this irks me even more when Scholarios undoubtedly always tries his best to argue in good faith, is the least guilty of such type of thinking and is mountain peaks above Laviria as a character.

Both Albanians and Greeks should do their utmost to free themselves from this Western intellectual occupation. There is nothing good in genuinely Anglo-American thought. The sort of intellectual trend I talk about is something I only know of in Russia, which is where both nations should look to learn. As Dugin says, Russians have their own Russian truths. We Albanians should also have our own Albanian truths.
    I've had disagreements with you but at least you're not dishonest. That's fine by me. Don't worry about Ylla, she went on a rampage to thumb down me as well instead of following her own advice of ignoring me.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    How am I a self-hater and what does being Orthodox have to do with anything? Moreover, show me how I project my mentality onto others.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information