Quote Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
I've read the thread "What's Wrong with Viriato" which end up (like many other threads here) as another Balkan flame war.

And once again only by reading most of Balkanian flame war threads here (and believe me I am member for about 2 years and half so I've been reading a good amount of them), I've noticing that the region itself is a whole mess, it's until now the last region of Europe to have witness a genocide (or at least something similar to that concept).

But by reading what most Balkan members here say, specialy around the Ex-Yuguslavia and Albania region, it seems that they have strong identity problems, let's just see the panoram of the whole region.

It has a similar size of France, a similar Population too even though it is habited by this following ethnic and sub ethnic groups: Slovenes, Croats, Serbs, Bosniaks (Bosnian Muslims), Bosnian-Serbs, Bosnian-Croats, Albanians (Ghegs and Tosks), Albanians from Kosovo, "Macedonians", Albanians from Macedonia, Bulgarians, Romanians, Vlachs, Bulgarian Turks, Aromanians, Montenegrins which are not the same thing as Serbs, Ancient Arabs, Ashkalis, Arvanites, Sarakatsanis, Pontians, Labs, Greeks from Crimea, Tsakonian Greeks, Cappadocian Greeks, Hungarian minorites in Croatia, Romania and Serbia, German minorites in the Balkans, Goranis, Arabs from Macedonia and of course Gypsies who are spread through the entire region.

As you can see none of this above mentioned Ethnic and Sub ethnic groups lives with mutual respect between each other, it's a whole a mess, everyone as a different view, I've seen for example discussions between even members of the same suppoused ethnic group, I've seen people accusing one member of being or partialy Slav, or partially this, and I am the true Albanian and you are an imposter, and you are this and you should be raped, and I hate serbs, and I hate albanians, and I hate this and I hate that, and Kosovo is serbian, not it's albanian, and Republic Sprska is Serbia and not Bosnian, and West Macedonia is Albanian, and Macedonians are Bulgarians, no Macedonians are true sons of Alexander, and Pontians are not true Greeks, etc etc, and I could be here all night mentioning some of the conflicts between different Balkanite ethnic groups who even some times live in the same country or even belong to the same ethnic group.

Ladies and gentleman, this is what West Europe is about to become, with the enoumerous migrant population without selection, without even the caring for integration from those ethnic minorities it will rise future tensions between Europeans and non-Europeans.

I am really seeing foruns like this in the year 2080 in a divided Europe, probably divided by Ethnic groups where everyone accuses the other of being in it's "Ancestral land", where everyone will acuse the other of having commited genocides............

We have to avoid a Balkanization of Europe. What the Ottoman and the Austro Hungarian empires did to the Balkans is basicaly the same essence of what irresponsible and cuck modern leaders of Europe are doing right now.

PS: And btw, Balkanians here should ultimately blame Turks and the former Austro-Hungarians for what that region has become. They should discuss less between themselves.
The Ottomans and Austro Hungarians didn't do much except for moving some Orthodox Vlachs here and there as mercenaries + introducing Islam. It was mostly the Slavic and pre slavic migrations + roman empire.

But many of you have chetnik cocks down your throats, so it is normal that you have a chetnik view of history which is mostly based on lies, propaganda and misconception of history itself.

An example of this propaganda, ie national myths, im talking about is such as the depiction of ones nation as defenders of "christian" europe and the Ottomans as the invaders.

Even some Albanians here buy into this shit.