R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Most people are in a limbo, too afraid to go one way or another. You succeed in the contemporary world by becoming a sociopath, or by severely compromising on yourself. This becomes obvious when you learn more about life.

Do the words you say have meaning? And this should mean there's no significance in being Albanian, so why are you bitching about nationalism and such anyway?
    Are you retarded or something, how can you even link them two together? Being Albanian has nothing to do with God or a meaning to life, it's biological therefore real.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,437
    Given: 1,346

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios Chiotis View Post
    "Abahamic" is largely a term designated by modern comparative religion courses. Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy share almost as many roots with Buddhist and pre-Buddhist thought as they do with Judaism, and possibly more.

Death to the World
    Judaism itself is a abrahamic religion as you know.

Buddhism is not a religion, it is a philosophy.

All religions share commonalities. In this case the Abrahamic religion share common things with pagan religions of Europe and middle east because thats where it comes from. ..

It is ironically a copy paste of the sumerian paganism..

Abrahamic is a word designed for the copy paste religions which started with judaism and abraham and then christianity, including its orthodoxy (which here you are trying to claim as its own rather than part of the abrahamic) and then islam.

Most people are in a limbo, too afraid to go one way or another. You succeed in the contemporary world by becoming a sociopath, or by severely compromising on yourself. This becomes obvious when you learn more about life.
    .i know enough that you dont have to be a monk to reach enlightment although id say Buddha did live a similar life. The plus side of being a monk is that you dont get distracted by daily things on your way to enlightment. But this can be done in many different ways. TA itself is a distraction as is most of the technology within your house.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    Are you retarded or something, how can you even link them two together? Being Albanian has nothing to do with God or a meaning to life, it's biological therefore real.
    No, quite the opposite.

First, nature doesn't know what an Albanian is; there is no such category in nature, nor is there any such thing as category in nature. There is no important distinction between one form of matter (forms which aren't even really real in a materialistic world) and another. Albania, being Albanian, Albanianism, nationalism and so on are abstractions with no material reality. If everything is material and only what's material and biological is real, then your hooting about Albanian this-that is pure superstition.

Secondly, the point is that if there is no meaning in life and the world is materialistic, your words don't have meaning. It is all babble that us flesh robots put the illusion of meaning to for ad hoc Darwinistic reasons (although that itself implies meaning). Note that all you say is babble whether this were true or not, the difference is, though, that if what I said is true, it would mean all of us are babbling, just like you, which we are assuredly not.

Thirdly, you only know the world of biology through the material and therefore through the empirical world. You have no way of knowing whether something is real or not through the sense. You would have to make a judgment, implying meaning, which you in fact do make. If you were an animal, beings of pure sensation, you wouldn't be arguing that you are an animal, however convincing that argument unfortunately is.

The biggest problem, however, is that saying all of this assumes you aren't philosophically illiterate and an idiot to boot, which you most definitely are, so I shouldn't expect you to understand any of it. The reason you think we are animals, which isn't quite true, is because it is more true of you than it is for others, and thus you project your animality onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    .i know enough that you dont have to be a monk to reach enlightment although id say Buddha did live a similar life. The plus side of being a monk is that you dont get distracted by daily things on your way to enlightment. But this can be done in many different ways. TA itself is a distraction as is most of the technology within your house.
    The Buddha was an ascetic, yes. The world, and much more so the modern world, does indeed distract us from perfecting ourselves in many ways. The monastic life brings us closer to that.

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

0 Not allowed!

Useless horse shit, irrelevant bs so didn't read
    For me it does, I was born in such family and happen to speak such language (my reality). Doesn't matter, you're still an organism passing by who's going to end up in the same place as me no matter how 'elevated' you're: two feet down below. You can, however, project a different reality and be philosophical about it, like you're doing and many others have done in the past.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,437
    Given: 1,346

0 Not allowed!

First, nature doesn't know what an Albanian is
    Neither does it know what an Orthodox is.

Now, what is closer to a biological reality, being Albanian or being Orthodox?

Can you see by the face of someone if they are Orthodox? I highly doubt that.

Does it have it's own language?

Being Albanian for many is genetical therefor it is biological in a sense too. But its not just genetical. It can be measured in many different ways language, culture and common struggles. Being Orthodox isn't. It is materialistic. Religion for many is an extreme form of nationalism/radicalism. Look at Judaism and many Islamic sects and Christian Orthodoxy. A feel of belonging, acceptance in to a certain group therefor it is materialistic. Had it not been materialistic it would of had no name, no book etc etc but is essentially utter materialistic.

; there is no such category in nature,
    In a genetical sense there could be. There is no Orthodox category in nature however.

nor is there any such thing as category in nature.
    There is. Which is how distinctions are made.

There is no important distinction between one form of matter (forms which aren't even really real in a materialistic world) and another. Albania, being Albanian, Albanianism, nationalism and so on are abstractions with no material reality. If everything is material and only what's material and biological is real, then your hooting about Albanian this-that is pure superstition.
    It might have no reality to you. That's because you cannot relate to the common Albanian struggles.

The Albanian language is more of a reality than the Bible itself.

Secondly, the point is that if there is no meaning in life and the world is materialistic, your words don't have meaning. It is all babble that us flesh robots put the illusion of meaning to for ad hoc Darwinistic reasons (although that itself implies meaning). Note that all you say is babble whether this were true or not, the difference is, though, that if what I said is true, it would mean all of us are babbling, just like you, which we are assuredly not.
    By 'no meaning of life' he of course means that it has no planned purpose. No destination except of course death.

You create your own purpose eventually. You don't live because there was something planned for you by a higher being. Ironically, that is exactly what superstition is

Comparing this to some words is not practical. Words can have meaning such as when youre trying to explain something or make a point.

Thirdly, you only know the world of biology through material
    You only know God and the bible through the material.

If you were an animal, beings of pure sensation, you wouldn't be arguing that you are an animal, however convincing that argument unfortunately is.
    We can argue and think because that's how we eventually evolved to be, through survival and tool making.

The reason you think we are animals, which isn't quite true, is because it is more true of you than it is for others, and thus you project your animality onto others.
    We are animals. We are part of the ape race. Our closest relatives are chimpanzees. This is easily demonstrated and proven with all biological creatures and their belonging of family trees.

The Buddha was an ascetic, yes. The world, and much more so the modern world, does indeed distract us from perfecting ourselves in many ways. The monastic life brings us closer to that.
    Of course, to face ones inner problems one has to first get rid of any distraction that is distracting you from facing those problems. A monastic way of life is the easiest way out but it's not the only way. There doesnt have to be anything supernatural involved. It is solely the human mind and its evolution. One needs to master the mind, the most powerful tool we have, instead of abusing it, becoming a monk isn't obligatory.

You are utter materialistic which in addition makes you contradictive to the extreme. Neither do you really practice what you preach.
    Last edited by Lek; 01-20-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,400
    Given: 12,599

0 Not allowed!

Do I? What's a superstition?
    You believe in supernatural beings that have directly effected people's lives and events.

These monks are dealing with their problems in the most real, most intimate, way possible. The problems around us are symptoms, not causes, that stem from our inner state. Then the most real way of dealing with one's problems is to deal with oneself. Monastics do exactly that.
    They're hiding, dude. They're hiding from the burden of responsibility. It's a great weight off their shoulders to make life as simple as possible, which is fine (they're not bothering anyone and so it's fine to me) but lets not pretend it's something other than it is at its core.

They didn't. You didn't even know the slightest about monasteries before I told you and now you're making claims about monasteries and the people who historically inhabited them.
    You have this bad habit of assuming that if you write something in a 'I'm educating you' way that means the other person didn't know anything about a subject until you showered them with your knowledge. Don't tell me what I know or don't know. You weren't even raised in Christianity. I spent almost two decades in the Catholic school system. You didn't have nuns or a religious Brother as teachers. You're just a tourist in Christianity to me. It's such a child-like interest that you have that I can guarantee within a year or two you'll move on to something else to obsess over and you'll forget all about this stuff.

The monastic life is extremely difficult and strenuous. Furthermore, you have to prove yourself worthy of it, it takes years of great effort just to be allowed into the brotherhood. Unless the monastic institution itself is corrupt, corrupt people won't enter it. On the other hand, it's very easy to succeed in the world outside, one just has to do away with integrity and dignity.
    There is the ideal and then there is the reality. There are plenty of satirical works written in the Middle Ages about monks, priests, etc. to keep you busy.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 01-20-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    For me it does, I was born in such family and happen to speak such language (my reality). Doesn't matter, you're still an organism passing by who's going to end up in the same place as me no matter how 'elevated' you're: two feet down below. You can, however, project a different reality and be philosophical about it, like you're doing and many others have done in the past.
    This is just question-begging. You think you were born into such a family and speak a language, but, as you said, there's no meaning. Language doesn't exist outside of deluded human minds. If meaning isn't real, then neither is language, because language imparts meaning. You can retort that it has meaning to you, but that's as meaningful as drinking non-existent Kool-aid. Of course, in doing all of this you engage in thinking and you project your own image of reality just as much as I do, albeit with a far less accurate image of it.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,901
    Given: 4,814

0 Not allowed!

Spirituality come to those from leaders.

Leaders are hard to find these days sure - but respects to Bartholomew showing leadership amongst blood thirsty Turkish muslims that want Bartholomew assassinated where Bartholomew never surrendering his faith in face of adversity and continues to preach love..

HAIL BARTHOLEMEW THE GREATEST EVER PATRIARCH

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    You believe in supernatural beings that have directly effected people's lives and events.

They're hiding, dude. They're hiding from the burden of responsibility. It's a great weight off their shoulders to make life as simple as possible, which is fine (they're not bothering anyone and so it's fine to me) but lets not pretend it's something other than it is at its core.
    The assumption made by you here is that one ought to live the New York American way of life. They have no responsibility to live a life that they don't agree with. They're brave enough to cut themselves off from the world they were socialized into and which they will find only hardship in turning their backs on. This isn't the behaviour of people who are too cowardly to deal with the issues in their life.

If we compare, monastics are far more intimately connected with reality. They live only of these things: communion with God and their own hard work. Yes, in many ways it's a simple life, because it resembles communitarian farming life in so many ways, but simplicity is by no means leisurely or easy. It is in fact we moderns who have it very leisurely and easy exactly because of the complexity of our lives.

Meanwhile, in so-called reality, the world revolves around money—a pure abstraction. People worship that money, they will do everything for pieces of paper and digits on a screen that would be of no value if they didn't believe it so. That money is in the control of a few powerful elite men, who, through their control of money, and through many other powerful means, all of them abstractions, define your reality.

You have this bad habit of assuming that if you write something in a 'I'm educating you' way that means the other person didn't know anything about a subject until you showered them with your knowledge. Don't tell me what I know or don't know. You weren't even raised in Christianity. I spent almost two decades in the Catholic school system. You didn't have nuns or a religious Brother as teachers. You're just a tourist in Christianity to me. It's such a child-like interest that you have that I can guarantee within a year or two you'll move on to something else to obsess over and you'll forget all about this stuff.
    If it is the case that you did know a thing or two or more, you failed to draw the conclusion from what you knew; that they aren't simply a bunch of socially awkward people singing Kumbaya. It doesn't explain how those monasteries with that monastic welfare came to exist to begin with. However, I find it funny that you become so indignant when you pretty much admitted that you didn't know much about it.

There is the ideal and then there is the reality. There are plenty of satirical works written in the Middle Ages about monks, priests, etc. to keep you busy.
    Unless the monastery as a whole is rotten, it won't allow rotten people into it. If it is rotten as a whole, it won't last, exactly because of its nature. It is either only a few

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,378
    Given: 3,032

0 Not allowed!

There is a quote of the French theologian and Orthodox priest Jean-Yves Leloup that says 'ascetism is a way to more subtle pleasures'.

It basically sums up the wholle question about the spiritual life. In a traditional society, the spheres of will and the spirit are separated, but in modernity, where this division is not accepted anymore, everything is confusion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information