The New Inconvenient History: Expanding Horizons

Editorial

By Germar Rudolf

Inconvenient History now carries material in a number of foreign languages, and we ask our readers to help us get non-English contributions translated into English for parallel carriage. Inconvenient History also allows video and audio files to be submitted alongside a transcript of their verbal contents. Unchanged is the type and style of content Inconvenient History covers.

For years, I have sensed that there is a gap between what Inconvenient History is and what it could be. Being multilingual myself, I knew there is so much more material out there than ever makes it onto the pages of our fine revisionist online periodical. To begin with, there is a wide range of Italian, French and German contributions that deserve a broader audience, but since Inconvenient History was limited to English-language material only, hardly anything of it has ever made it beyond the narrow confines of its original language. The reason for this is that Inconvenient History has not had a pool of volunteers to ask for translations. Being a free online journal with basically no income at all, we cannot pay anyone for anything. But then again, from my past experience I know that there are plenty of talented, knowledgeable people who want to help, and who can do translations without asking to be paid. Yet in the past they got frustrated, too, because there was no organizational infrastructure that they could turn to in order to offer their assistance.

How do we connect these two loose ends?

We had to start somewhere. And here is what we have decided to do: First, we open up Inconvenient History to foreign-language contributions. Since we have a number of individuals on our advisory board with language skills, we will make use of them to review and edit incoming non-English contributions to make sure they meet our requirements. For now, our new roster of languages we accept includes: Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Spanish.

https://codoh.com/library/document/4229/