Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

1 Not allowed!

A feature of modernity and now calcified in postmodernity is that narcissism and psychopathy becomes enshrined. Truth becomes subjectivized into mere want and will, that is postmodern truth, which it twofacedly makes claims to but doesn't believe in. To get something we appeal to a person's ego. Advertisement works on this principle. You make people want a product because that product somehow appeals to you as a person. In the early 20th century, cigarettes were advertised to women as a symbol of freedom, of independence. Isn't it interesting that Ayn Rand would later wax lyrically on and on about how libertarian cigarettes are? The implication of this is that products, objects, make us who we are, that we can be identified by the things we have. That is the essence of consumerism. If these products, objects, make us who we are, then we are products, objects, ourselves. Therein lies the psychopathy. Many people complain about the objectification of people today. Feminists most prominently complain about the objectification of women. While their complaints are legitimate, the problem is that going from fundamental feminist doctrine, there is nothing wrong with objectification, the objectification of women in fact derives from feminism. When we see ourselves as objects, then that is true for others, too. We have become subject-objects, of some sort. We then see in others mere use, the core of objectification. We start to see only utility in women. They inspire sexual urges and such, that becomes their value. Men become a way to increase social status and a bank account on two legs—four legs in many places. You see it in this very thread and in this forum.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
    On the topic , one way or another all relationships include a "narcissistic" need. The whole interaction is like that, a need to be desired, accepted, liked. To know you are good enough to be desired/liked, as a friend, as a lover, as a worker, as a kid/parent.Some have a stronger need for that, some a lighter.

You will see it with women (yes), you will see it with men, you will actually see it with anyone, from kids to elders, regardless of sex. This isn't a gender exclusive issue.

Of course, there is no need for me to analyze why, but its obvious to any logical person that ''Love to women is just narcissism'' is BS. Its overgeneralize, simplisistic, wrong and unfair.
    Yes, men do it too. Basking in the glory of her "loving" him because of his accomplished career and her admiring how well he can play sports & etc., he loves that attention. Looks-wise though he doesn't really give a damn if you are in awe of his blue eyes or not, especially in the bedroom. For women though, their sexuality seems to be strictly dependent to their physical desirability. If you're not feeling pretty & feminine at that given moment, you definitely won't be in the mood. Bringing me to my next point:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    you're right.
    We have women like crazyladybutterfly who is very insecure about her appearance, she doesn't think she's pretty enough, insecurity higher than the average woman. & What is she? An "asexual".

Sometimes , from reading things in apricity, I wonder?..... What kind of women you meet ?
    You have only met un-sexual women that don't desired you or lust you ? You haven't been ever in the attention of women? None of them have been rejected by you ?
    This isn't really about my personal life. But don't worry it's not all that great, you're not missing anything. If it was, I sure as hell wouldn't be writing this on VALENTINES DAY.

You see men ''react'' to overconfident women, women that pay attention to studies and career, and women that aren't following the ''let's stay at home and be a housewife from 20y.o'' kind of life.
    React positively. Actually there's nothing more amazing than a confident woman, but they hardly exist. I don't like shy timid women, maybe on some days but not consistently so. You go girl.

The same goes for Potato's quote above. He is whining that women don't desire men and want to devour them but if a woman does, and actually acts on it first, I'm pretty sure that there will be many people here that will actually called her a whore, just for doing this.
    Why is it when someone talks about gender dynamics you simply dismiss it as "whining"? Do you realize some of us are able to have these conversations without getting our emotions fixed in a knot the way you are now? We're called men, ya, we exist. We think logically not emotionally.

This is why some call us the superior gender, because we see emotions & feelings as untrustworthy, deceptive, unreliable and subject to change..... that's why we think logically.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,970
    Given: 12,774

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MsSPF View Post
    Yes.
    But men too in their own day. Its called being a narcissist pervert. And they are many
    In fact, I think men are more narcissic than women who are more turned to others, especially when they became mothers.
    Narcissic perverts are mostly men.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02251db40022b
    I was definitely sucked in by these charming, manipulative creeps when I was single. Like the countless women who have shared their stories with me, I got sucked in, ecstatic that I had finally found that man who totally excited me. Ultimately, of course, leaving me feeling broken, drained and more insecure than ever.
    She totally got owned.

By the way... this is the woman who wrote the article.

Bobbi Palmer, founder of Date Like a Grownup, helps single, mature woman around the world finally discover the intimacy, passion and partnership of a grownup relationship. A first-time bride at age 47, she walks her talk every day as she helps women do what she did: bust the myths, clear the roadblocks and feel the power of fresh perspectives and surprising new knowledge. (As she says: “There is nothing wrong with you. There are just some things you don't yet know.”) Bobbi Palmer has been featured on The Today Show, Huffington Post, Women’s World magazine, Match.com, AARP, eHarmony.com, and numerous other TV, radio and print outlets.
    Never listen to someone who makes a career out of giving advice about human interaction. They're the new 'snake oil salesmen.'

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post
    Yes, men do it too. Basking in the glory of her "loving" him because of his accomplished career and her admiring how well he can play sports & etc., he loves that attention. Looks-wise though he doesn't really give a damn if you are in awe of his blue eyes or not, especially in the bedroom. For women though, their sexuality seems to be strictly dependent to their physical desirability. If you're not feeling pretty & feminine at that given moment, you definitely won't be in the mood. Bringing me to my next point:
    Υes and no and no. No, because for men isn't only this. Many men lose interest on a woman, once the novelty is over, once she ''surenders''. They gained the attention they needed, their ego was stroked, its over.
    No, women's sexuality isn't dependent in their physical desirabilty. I don't want to make it personal, but you seem that you haven't met any women , that is lusting for some man (that he doesn't even desire her).

This isn't really about my personal life. But don't worry it's not all that great, you're not missing anything. If it was, I sure as hell wouldn't be writing this on VALENTINES DAY.
    I didn't say it to make it personal. I said it because if you haven't witnessed an one-sided love/lust from a woman's side, then you could say that. But it really is something super common. Duh.
    React positively. Actually there's nothing more amazing than a confident woman, but they hardly exist. I don't like shy timid women, maybe on some days but not consistently so. You go girl.
    I agree with your wholeheartedly, but if you read long enough apricity, you will realize that many men don't.

Why is it when someone talks about gender dynamics you simply dismiss it as "whining"? Do you realize some of us are able to have these conversations without getting our emotions fixed in a knot the way you are now? We're called men, ya, we exist. We think logically not emotionally.
    Βecause there are too many threads and discussions about men saying of how much women seek their pockets, and too many discussions about it in general.
    And how is this related to emotions? I can't make an observation?
    This is why some call us the superior gender, because we see emotions & feelings as untrustworthy, deceptive, unreliable and subject to change..... that's why we think logically.
    That's the joke for 2017, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Ancestry
    Algeria
    Country
    Switzerland
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,943
    Given: 4,116

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    She totally got owned.
    I have a scoop for men : most of us, women, have been owned by men like this they are the ones we call "assholes".
    This paragraph is the story of our lives.
    Women can be a little bit masochist sometimes, they mistake confidence and strenght with being a sadist. How many times I heard women saying ironically "I like to suffer with men"? These men are leeches, they drain you, I have friends who fell into depression and have been humiliated several times by men who were saying they were ugly, whores, were offering them a "favor" by staying with them or to go to "suicide".
    The same old stereoptype of the bad boy we want to save from his demons. Women like to save men's souls.
    I personally wouldn't care less, I'm not a psychiatrist or a social assistant nor a mother figure.

By the way... this is the woman who wrote the article.

Never listen to someone who makes a career out of giving advice about human interaction. They're the new 'snake oil salesmen.'
    I didn't even read her advises, just the first paragraph because it was interesting and 100% true.
    I stopped at the advises part because I don't need advises from a random journalist for the reasons you mentioned.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

0 Not allowed!

That would be the case of an individual (no matter the gender) living in a twisted relationship where this one gets some weird kicks from getting his/her ego stroked.
    In a healthy relation where one love and is loved that is hard scenario to happen. As the well being/hapiness of the other part of the couple is as much or sometimes even more important than their own.
    We, men and women want to be admired and desired by our love ones, that is the normality. We want to be recognized by what we are or what we think we are. We want our virtues to be appreciated and as or more important our flaws to be tolerated (this is the hard part and this is where in many cases lies the failure or success of the relation).
    Women generally speaking imo are not more selfish than men. Women's stronger nurture essence makes them actually most of the times less selfish than us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information