Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Which North African country is most, and least, Arabized?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    They lasted a century and after the Byzantines reconquered the territory they assimilated to the surrounding population. Who knows some Vandals assimilated with surrounding Numidian Imazighen population.
    That's probably why so many Maghrebis are blue-eyed and pale-skinned.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

1 Not allowed!

Did not read the thread.

I gotta ask you this: Do you guys considerer yourself arabs or arabized or none? or what is your relation with the term exactly, and with the arab world you are part of?

Got to be honest from a portuguese pov you are all arabs, sorry guys I know it's not correct We are not the most in general hnowledgeable people about North Africans.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2020 @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    numidian
    Ethnicity
    north african
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 505
    Given: 1,410

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptian View Post
    That's the Cartage state , this small blue line in libya can't be the whole libya part of it

Lol no it wasn't small blue lines
    This examples are before islam because after, lybia was more grouped with the Maghreb (especially Tunisia) considering all islamic empires that ruled there

Banned
    Last Online
    11-22-2022 @ 11:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ancestry
    Egypt
    Country
    Egypt
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,181
    Given: 1,363

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ĮGUIA View Post
    Did not read the thread.

I gotta ask you this: Do you guys considerer yourself arabs or arabized or none? or what is your relation with the term exactly, and with the arab world you are part of?

Got to be honest from a portuguese pov you are all arabs, sorry guys I know it's not correct We are not the most in general hnowledgeable people about North Africans.
    It's doesn't matter if we are arabs or arabized we don't care.. Numidia or MsSpf are considered like my sisters.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Ancestry
    Algeria
    Country
    Switzerland
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,943
    Given: 4,116

3 Not allowed!

give me one era in history , libya was part of great maghreb.
    Great Maghreb is just a cultural/historic homogenous region, the only fact that Libyans are Imazighen makes them Maghrebians.
    Lybians have been also part of Almoravid/Hafsid dynasties, especially Eastern Libya.
    I mostly agree with Numidia, Eastern Libyans are definitely the closest to Maghrebians and should be considered as such

Quote Originally Posted by Numidia View Post
    I'm 100% sure I have no links with vandals
    100% agree with you. Vandals stayed shortly in NorthWest Africa and their influence genetically/culturally/historically in the region is extremely exegerated : as a proof, there are almost zero vestiges/traces from them...
    This Germanic/Vandal ancestry is a recent thing inherited from Nazis to explain the lightess of few North Africans during their "races studies" + the Kabyle myth when French colonized Algeria and tried to find in Kabyles (Izwawen by their real name) allies against Ottomans, represented by the Kingdom of Kuku.
    They were trying to flatter them by saying they surely were of "European origins" to resist against Ottomans/preserved their tribes against Arabization and in my opinion, it explains also the stereotype nowadays "kabyles=light people".
    French tried to "Europeanize" Kabyles and it failed because Kabyles are proud people and I'm sure you would agree with me

Kabyles in the 19th century was evocated to talk about Berberophones/Arabized Berbers living in the highlands, Qabayli meaning "tribes" in Arabic. It has been restricted to Izwawen later now known as Kabyles.

This article is very interested : http://www.huffpostmaghreb.com/2015/...n_7139328.html

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    Touaregs and other Berbers living in the south (in Fezzan), okay. But the rest of them were urbanized since Carthaginian and Roman times. Tripolitania and Cyrenaica (associated with Crete) were Roman provinces. Ancient Egyptians lived in cities too.
    I wonder where Gaddafi's "5 stars neo-nomadism" came from.
    People from cities are of course less tribal.
    But rural areas in the north, in the moutains used to be extremely tribal, less now though. Maghrebians are extremely regionalists although it changes now.
    The Berber tatoos you see on old women were telling about the tribe you were from.
    Kabyles are a good example of a very tribal region in North West Africa and kabyles themselves are divided in different tribes.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It's doesn't matter if we are arabs or arabized we don't care.. Numidia or MsSpf are considered like my sisters.
    Ok dude AHAHA

I did not ask you if they were your sisters or not. Actually I just would appreciate to know your opinion about the subject, that's all, I was not trolling or anything like that. I asked because sometimes I see it on the web some hotted debates among North Africans while some will stand for considering themselves arabs, others will vehemently oppose. So that is why I asked. From an outsider is a bit confusing at times. I know you were arabized,and language and religion work like a social glue and are very important to your identity, but I also know that seems to be an interesting revival of amazigh culture and languages. So that is why I asked to know your stance.

Thanks for your answer

Banned
    Last Online
    11-22-2022 @ 11:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ancestry
    Egypt
    Country
    Egypt
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,181
    Given: 1,363

1 Not allowed!

Ok dude AHAHA

I did not ask you if they were your sisters or not. Actually I just would appreciate to know your opinion about the subject, that's all, I was not trolling or anything like that. I asked because sometimes I see it on the web some hotted debates among North Africans while some will stand for considering themselves arabs, others will vehemently oppose. So that is why I asked. From an outsider is a bit confusing at times. I know you were arabized,and language and religion work like a social glue and are very important to your identity, but I also know that seems to be an interesting revival of amazigh culture and languages. So that is why I asked to know your stance.

Thanks for your answer
    they are mostly kids debating .. we live in era it doesn't matter if this is a true Egyptian or this is a true Amazigh or this is a true Arab .. MENA area should all work together and get rid of the filthy creatures on the top of its states.

anyway , if you found an angry North african it would be probably Algerian .. if you found dude speaking about history and arrogant it gonna be Egyptian .. if you found dude spending too much money it would be libyan .. dude who calm himself smart it would be Moroccan .. dude who doesn't care it would be Tunisian , simple as that haha

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

they are mostly kids debating .. we live in era it doesn't matter if this is a true Egyptian or this is a true Amazigh or this is a true Arab .. MENA area should all work together and get rid of the filthy creatures on the top of its states.
    I agree you should get rid of all the corruption or the filth you got, you and all the countries in order to live in fairer, just and productive societies .

And I also agree you should work together (MENA) but this does not mean you have to suppress particular identities or cultures of certain regions, to accomodate just one homogeneous identity.

That was why I asked, because this pan-arabism seems a bit far fetched considering how different you (arab word) seem to be .

anyway , if you found an angry North african it would be probably Algerian .. if you found dude speaking about history and arrogant it gonna be Egyptian .. if you found dude spending too much money it would be libyan .. dude who calm himself smart it would be Moroccan .. dude who doesn't care it would be Tunisian , simple as that haha
    I don't judge anyone by nationalities, don't worry about And I fucking hate stereotypes HAHA
    Last edited by ĮGUIA; 02-18-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2020 @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    numidian
    Ethnicity
    north african
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 505
    Given: 1,410

2 Not allowed!

Did not read the thread.

I define myself as north african but I don't mind being called arab or when some north african consider themselves arab because in reality arab only means arab speakers and nothing else
    I hate when people try to use arabity to have a identity there is many people claiming to be racially arab or of a arab tribes it's ridiculous and totally wrong believe me people who are of arab tribes that bring islam in north africa don't even claim it but arabized Christians of the Levant pretend to be "real arabs" and refused the black sudanese in the arab league
    all arab speakers are arabized without exception and some arabized bedouins of arabia still saying to ignorant westerns that they belong to the tiny minority of arab tribes that left arabia with islam

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-08-2022 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Apache Helicopter
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G1
    mtDNA
    K1a3a
    Politics
    MAGA
    Hero
    Nacho Libre
    Religion
    Caffeine and Hate.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,442
    Given: 3,202

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    Which N. African country has the best looking women?
    Morrocan.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information