Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe this guy is more Euro than me?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoo View Post
    It's not only pigmentational, but also by metrics and soft body part morphology he looks tenfold more SSA than OP.
    Fallacies of "muh little autozomal kalkulator" people just keep piling up.
    So accidentally he can had generally more "african" SNP's (responsible for pheno) than Dominicanese. But Dominicanese "African" part doesn't contain only SNP responsible for facial traits and pigmentation, it's not so easy. It could be for everything, like some internal traits or enzymes for example.

Second possibility test of "African guy" was made few years ago and it's not very legit. And he indeed had more African than Euro.
    Last edited by Lucas; 02-18-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    K36 Ancestral Report and Chromosomal Analysis / G25 Maps
    https://www.lm-genetics.com

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

0 Not allowed!

The autosomal results change A LOT whether they use 10AIMs or 1.000AIMs. Different Genetic tests are not comparable.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Valley girls giving blowjobs for Louboutins
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,852
    Given: 3,187

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
    Can you believe this guy is more Euro than me?

im 60% Euro, 30% African (3% N.African), 9% Native, 1% West Asian

this guy right here Neguinho da Beija-Flor is 67.1% Euro, 31.5% African, 1.4% Native

Ive read this article about his dna test and i dont think is real, dont trust much in brazilian media.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-13-2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by physical-anthro View Post
    So accidentally he can had generally more "african" SNP's (responsible for pheno) than Dominicanese. But Dominicanese "African" part doesn't contain only SNP responsible for facial traits and pigmentation, it's not so easy. It could be for everything, like some internal traits or enzymes for example.

Second possibility test of "African guy" was made few years ago and it's not very legit. And he indeed had more African than Euro.
    If a "gene" doesn't contribute to anything functional, then it doesn't make you "closer" to a population, period. Those "aDNA clusterings" are completely different to phenotypes far too often, it couldn't be that those genes every single time stand for "internal enzymes" or other supposed abstract and still non-defined traits. If your whole body is of different shape and functions different to that of someone else's, no amount of "muh gedmach kalkulator" will make you close to him.

Loved by all portuguese members Tobi's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-24-2017 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, 1/8 Hungarian
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,381
    Given: 5,681

0 Not allowed!

This brazilian geneticist, Sergio Pena, is a joke. Don't believe in his results.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoo View Post
    If a "gene" doesn't contribute to anything functional, then it doesn't make you "closer" to a population, period. Those "aDNA clusterings" are completely different to phenotypes far too often, it couldn't be that those genes every single time stand for "internal enzymes" or other supposed abstract and still non-defined traits. If your whole body is of different shape and functions different to that of someone else's, no amount of "muh gedmach kalkulator" will make you close to him.
    You like it or not but whole gemdatch calcs (and FTDNA or 23&ME tools) cluster you according to whole 22 chromosomes, not only to your "pheno" EDAR or OCA2 SNP's or sth like that.

BTW this is Litvin thread wit PCA based on "pheno" SNP's http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...phenotype-SNPs

I suppose you did the test and you are not very happy from the results (too many East-Med?) so you dismiss now it completely...
    K36 Ancestral Report and Chromosomal Analysis / G25 Maps
    https://www.lm-genetics.com

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-13-2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

0 Not allowed!

You like it or not but whole gemdatch calcs (and FTDNA or 23&ME tools) cluster you according to whole 22 chromosomes, not only to your "pheno" EDAR or OCA2 SNP's or sth like that.

BTW this is Litvin thread wit PCA based on "pheno" SNP's http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...phenotype-SNPs

I suppose you did the test and you are not very happy from the results (too many East-Med?) so you dismiss now it completely...
    Apparently a lot of quite non-functional genes enter those calculations. My point is, if you don't look and your body doesn't function identically to certain population, then you are not related to it, no matter what. 99% of mammals are classed using those criteria. If those calculators and anthropology don't match (like they often don't), I will rather pick something having an actual functional role rather than inaccurate, abstract and non-functional fuckery.
    Phenotype SNP PCA Litvin posted has no touch with reality, I think you will agree.
    I dismiss a big part of this whole thing for another reason. I have never tested for autosomal. There is possibility I'll do it in future just for fun. Neither do I believe results are accurate enough nor can I wait that long for results, though.
    Still, better off than all those "LOOK HOW NORTHERN I CLUSTER, I ARE KANGZ" autistic genotards I'm getting sick of. I suppose they need a mechanism to cope with their inherent inferiority.

Edit: Just to mention few fallacies I often like mentioning: how do you explain that, by MDLP calculator, we are closer to Romanians, southern Germans, and Gagauz, than to Bosnians (with whom we are undoubtedly closer in every regard)? Or that we cluster closer to NW Europeans than Albanians?
    Also, how come that on some calculators Spaniards cluster closer to Norwegians than to southern Italians, as Sikeliot pointed out?

Those are just some of many, many total fantasies that resulted from those supposed "autosomal analyses".
    Last edited by cosmoo; 02-18-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Last Online
    09-10-2022 @ 09:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Ancestry
    Dinarische Alpen, Pannonien
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    G-L497
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,469
    Given: 941

3 Not allowed!

The guy is great example of all stupidity of autosomal calculators.
    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Croatian +50% Serbian @ 2.265001

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyer
    how come the age of I2a2 Din subclade exactly coincides with the age of Bosnian Pyramids?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

0 Not allowed!

internally

i have sickle cell traits unfortunately, it runs in my blood, i cannot mate with another woman who has the samething to produce an offspring

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 05:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alpha indian
    Ethnicity
    Cool rajasthani
    Country
    India
    Hero
    Panti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,634