Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Should parents smoking pot lose custody of their children?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

0 Not allowed!

No, they should join in and smoke pot together. Kiddin'

I dunno.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hithaeglir View Post
    There's the argument of free will,let something exist and just educate people about its dangers.Pot and alcohol don't cause the same harm as smoking if used moderately and passive smoking from a marijuana cigarette isn't that harmful for your lungs.

I do agree with you though,that smoking indoors should be banned,same for the exposure of children to tobacco.
    Free will should not be allowed when it becomes an expence to society. Imo people having these vices should receive no financial support when their vices ends up with them needing medical assistance of any sort. They should have to pay for the treatment from their own pocket and not a single penny covered taxpayers.

I think thats a fair deal.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-13-2018 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Politics
    Truth
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,997
    Given: 6,001

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I prefer social stigma. Americans have deep distrust for government, and I'm no exception. We can't have government meddling in every little family affair. Else, they'll be arresting one parent for spanking, another for having a beer on his day off, another for feeding his kids macaroni and cheese. I don't want a nanny state. Parents have the responsibility to raise their children right. There will be some bad apples, and the state will take care of those. As for all the minor mistakes that (all) parents make, they can be dealt with by social pressure. And if society is so degenerate that social pressure no longer exists or functions effectively, then there's probably no hope for it anyway.
    Americans deep distrust for government is only rivaled by their deep love for the invisible hands of the oligarchs who rule them. I don't want a nanny state either, quite the opposite, but I also don't want moral relativism. Children aren't raised only by their parents but by their community, which is also responsible for its members. Social stigma isn't always going to work, and it's useless since people won't necessarily know what happens inside the household anyway, it doesn't stop pedophilia, f.e. In the cases that it doesn't work, what then? Why should there be social stigma but not actual intervention?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic / Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Taxonomy
    West Baltid
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,591
    Given: 16,990

4 Not allowed!

I am not opposed to parents smoking weed per se.

I will explain what I mean by that by two scenarios:

1. Parents smoke weed every now and again, away from the children. The kids are not aware that this is happening. They are otherwise successful people who look after their kids well.
    2. Parents smoke weed in front of the kids, expose them to it and lay around doing nothing all day except smoking weed. Their children suffer as a result of the parents' lifestyle.

I know a number of people who fit into category 1. They are not opposed to a joint or two, but it is done away from the children. The children never see them stoned. They are otherwise good parents and their occasional use of weed does not affect the quality of their parenting.

You can also add alcohol into the equation. Parents who have a glass of wine or two, who don't get pissed in front of the kids, are fine. Then you get the parents who drink three bottles of tequila and let the kids see them stumble, slur and vomit in the garden. I am very opposed to the second scenario.

I think the crux of the matter here is not that it is done, but how it is done.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 05:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,860
    Given: 7,347

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Americans deep distrust for government is only rivaled by their deep love for the invisible hands of the oligarchs who rule them. I don't want a nanny state either, quite the opposite, but I also don't want moral relativism. Children aren't raised only by their parents but by their community, which is also responsible for its members. Social stigma isn't always going to work, and it's useless since people won't necessarily know what happens inside the household anyway, it doesn't stop pedophilia, f.e. In the cases that it doesn't work, what then? Why should there be social stigma but not actual intervention?
    Well, let me be clear: Some things warrant government intervention, including pedophilia, physical abuse, clear neglect, etc. These are the bad apples I referred to. But a line has to be drawn somewhere. Parents must have the primary responsibility for child-rearing, or the government is the actual parent. And I don't think things like a child's diet (short of malnutrition) are in the government's domain. If too much pop is bad for a kid, then let the other mothers frown at the mom who overuses it. That's social pressure. If it doesn't work, then so be it. Maybe her kids won't have had an ideal childhood, but then, which of us has?

As for Americans' love of our oligarchy, what do you think Trump was about? We hate our oligarchy, leftists excepted. Not all of us are aware of it, and those of us who are certainly aren't sure of what to do about it. But if you think we love it, you're very much mistaken.

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinþs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    I say yes. While certain members doing this would disagree, I think its harmful for the child to be around it and it sets a bad example. Is it really possible to use drugs in front of Your child and be a good parent?

What is Your opinion?
    I think it depends on the parents and the consumption. Alcohol is way more damaging than pot, yet nobody will take away your kids just for drinking it. They will do it for becoming an alcoholic. So ye,s neglecting parents that abuse any drug should be defenitely forced to change their habits under threat of losling custody. Irrespectively of what is it that they are abusing.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern Portuguese, 1/4 Galician
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

1 Not allowed!

No, smoking pot will not inherently make you a bad parent.

It all depends of one comsumption habits and if it is going to harm in any way your parenting skills or not.
    I have friends who smoke their joint here and there and they are good responsible parents. They do it at the end of the day, after the kids are sleeping. Now if you are talking about heavy users constantly high then of course yes. The same can be aplied to alcohol, my father always drank his classical glass of red wine at meals. That did not turn me into an alcoholic, but if we are talking about people constantly being drunk in front of children of course I will oppose vehemently.

The difference here between weed and other socially accepted drugs is that you can be setting an example to you children to incur in illegal activities, mmm it's a little tricky.
    I think in case of usage it should be done far from kids eyes.

Notwithstanding weed should be legalized and taxed, it only empowers the underworld being forbidden.

This is the opinion of a guy who does not smoke, do drugs or drink alcohol (and i certainly don't advocate them), I skip the fast food as well... my life is boring.
    Last edited by ÁGUIA; 02-22-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

0 Not allowed!

Yes

Banned
    Last Online
    03-11-2023 @ 03:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    waka waka
    Country
    Hong-Kong
    Y-DNA
    R-L151
    Taxonomy
    Like Mowgli, but Romanian
    Hero
    the girl reading this 😍😍
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,188
    Given: 3,105

0 Not allowed!

NO THEY MUST BE PUNISHED ONLY IF THEY ARE SELLING IT

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

0 Not allowed!

I am not a parent but smoking pot i dont think is gonna ruin your kids, nothing is gonna ruin your kids except their friends who they hangout with. Most fucked up kids come from great "perfect" parents anyway, so how perants act around the house i dont think is ever gonna have an impact on their kid's lives.
    I think it comes down to genetics, if your parents were decent souls from their birth to old age then as they say the apple never falls to far off the tree.
    Good parents can be even serial killers, rapists fellons etc, but their kids sooner or later at mature age will aquire some if not exact nature of their parents. Theres no escaping when it comes to inherent nature.
    So there's no point of worrying about weed smoking parents really.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information