Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Catholic nuns be forced to remove their headdress?

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    It seems to have been a common practise among many Europeans in the past. And Christianity does originally also promote for women to cover their hair.

I do not support niqab either so I am on board with that. Islam only encourages women to cover their hair not the face.
    it was common for medieval women to cover their hair , not in the hijabi style though
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

Since a lot of members here are strongly opposed to let Muslim women have the freedom to wear the hijab even though its their personal Choice, I Wonder if you are as steadfast in demanding that Catholic nuns should also remove their veil? Or are you hypocrites about it?
    If they move to an Islamic country , yes, they should.
    In their OWN country, why should they ?
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,400
    Given: 2,645

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    you're confusing the hijab with the niqab.
    hijab is also a XX century creation.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,477
    Given: 13,191

0 Not allowed!

Should doctors be forced to not cure people?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wearing a hijab is a personal choice Muslim women make or not. It is not uncommon to see in families some wearing hijab and others not. Neither is is unheard of that some start to wear hijab then take it off or the opposite.

I see this thread if fueled with stereotypes from members With very little knowledge about Islam. While I won't deny that in some cases some may indeed feel pressure from families to wear it, thats far from the case with all. You have a very condescending view of Muslim women thinking they can't make decision on their own. You are wrong. Just like Catholic nuns make the decision to wear veil for modesty some Muslim women do that as well. Of course you probably refuse to believe that to be the case, but that is due to Your bias against Muslims and not rooted in reality.

Explain to me why this little prepubescent girls are dress like married women who has to protec their honor when they dont even have sexual felings at that age, the only explanation is that muslims see them as sexual objets.
    Your argument its fals in the practice, because in islam apostasy and honnor crimes and regulated by the sharya, so theres no realy free will to leve the religion, only secular or moderate familyes give their daugther the option to chosse.

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinţs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

2 Not allowed!

Since a lot of members here are strongly opposed to let Muslim women have the freedom to wear the hijab even though its their personal Choice, I Wonder if you are as steadfast in demanding that Catholic nuns should also remove their veil? Or are you hypocrites about it?
    if they cover their face, yes. No one should be above the law.

Last Online
    10-20-2020 @ 10:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sardinian
    Ethnicity
    Sardinian
    Ancestry
    North Western Sardinia
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Sardinia
    Hero
    Leonidas of Sparta, Constantine XI, Hampsicoras of Cornus (Sardinian Hero)
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,656
    Given: 332

0 Not allowed!

The two things are not comparable, Catholic nuns are women who by their will dedicate their lives to religion and only to religion, they belong to religious orders with strict behaviour and dressing rules. Muslim women are just "normal" women subjugated and brainwashed by the chauvinist culture of their countries, where everything is controlled by men and their women count less than zero.
    Non Auro, Sed Ferro, Recuperanda Est Patria (Not by Gold, But by Iron, Is the Nation to be Recovered) - Marcus Furius Camillus (Roman General)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mens-Sarda View Post
    The two things are not comparable, Catholic nuns are women who by their will dedicate their lives to religion and only to religion, they belong to religious orders with strict behaviour and dressing rules. Muslim women are just "normal" women subjugated and brainwashed by the chauvinist culture of their countries, where everything is controlled by men and their women count less than zero.
    Catholic nuns are actually the exact oposite thing to muslim women, they are women who out of their free will deliberatly chosse not to have a family, many times this go against THEIR FAMILIES EXPECTATIONS.
    Muslims women of REAL(not some secular middel class family) are expected to subjuget their will to the desieres of their PARENTS, to marry someone apointed by their parents, and after that to serve their husbands and children, those are their religious obligations as women. Islam its not the only culture that treat women like this, but preatty much shows you that freedom of thought, conscience and religion isnt allowed to women islam, at least in sharia law.
    Last edited by Jacques de Imbelloni; 02-23-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Nuns don't wear veils. Their faces are completely exposed. Anyway there are hardly any nuns anymore they would be a miniscule amount of the population. Most people never see nuns anymore. I don't even think most nuns even wear a habit anymore. Also nuns are members of a religious order it's not like all Catholic women wear a habit for instance.

It is a voluntary order and choice. Most Nuns I had as teachers did not dress that way. It is not government mandated like so many muslim countries, sharia law, that force women to dress a certain way. Weak try OP.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    it was common for medieval women to cover their hair , not in the hijabi style though
    It was still a headcover. Stop nitpicking. You love to argue, don't you? You are completely out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
    If they move to an Islamic country , yes, they should.
    In their OWN country, why should they ?
    No, they should not. And my point was that since Europeans pride themselves about being all free choice and let people dress as they want, they must stand by those principles with Muslim women too. But since all of you refuse to Accept this reveals that the only reason you oppose it is because its Islamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques de Imbelloni View Post

Explain to me why this little prepubescent girls are dress like married women who has to protec their honor when they dont even have sexual felings at that age, the only explanation is that muslims see them as sexual objets.
    Your argument its fals in the practice, because in islam apostasy and honnor crimes and regulated by the sharya, so theres no realy free will to leve the religion, only secular or moderate familyes give their daugther the option to chosse.
    This is wrong. I would never ask my daughters to wear hijab. If they wanted to on their own will I would support it, if not I would still support them. This is supposed to be free choice according to the Quran. Not all Muslims do this, and those that do are acting against Islam. Just like the niqab this not part of Islam and an innovation made by Muslims. I have already explained this issue about Muslims not properly following Islam, and I am getting tired of repeating myself in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaswinţs View Post
    if they cover their face, yes. No one should be above the law.
    I already explained it was about covering the hair like the nuns do. How many times must it be repeated until it starts to sink in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mens-Sarda View Post
    Of course they are. You are only making excuses because of Your own agenda against Islam. Women are higly regarded in Islam:
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined kind treatment and honouring of one’s wife, and he described the best of people as those who are best to their wives. He said: “The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Maajah, 1977; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    It is a voluntary order and choice. Most Nuns I had as teachers did not dress that way. It is not government mandated like so many muslim countries, sharia law, that force women to dress a certain way. Weak try OP.
    You clearly lack knowledge about the subject, so Please spare us Your ignorance.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information