Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Catholic nuns be forced to remove their headdress?

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

1 Not allowed!

are cristian/western women allowed to wear whatever they want in the Islamic world? whenever u travel to such country u're "suggested" to wear "decent" closes like a form of respect towards the host country...this should work both ways if we don't want to be hypocrites...

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,400
    Given: 2,644

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshade25 View Post
    Nuns are not exactly ordinary people though. They belong to a religious order.
    And they are not force by their familyes to be nuns, its a personal choice.

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,400
    Given: 2,644

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    are cristian/western women allowed to wear whatever they want in the Islamic world? whenever u travel to such country u're "suggested" to wear "decent" closes like a form of respect towards the host country...this should work both ways if we don't want to be hypocrites...
    They are the hypocrites, here ortodox jewish women are ask to remove their head coth in their work places, they just wear a wig and nobody complains.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    That has nothing to do With hypocrisy. While there are dress codes in most Muslim countries the west prides itself on that People may wear what they wish. And that includes women walking around literally naked. But you want to punish Muslim women because you can't prance around in a mini-skirt in Muslim countries and get complete social acceptance for it? While that is the way it is there, the west has its own and it must extend its principles to all. However hijab is not a requirement in all Muslim countries.

So we can then conclude only European women have the liberty to wear what they like and are comfortable With, whereas Muslim women may only wear what Europeans are comfortable with them wearing? I mean if you base Your system on complete freedom in how to dress then you have no right to say Muslim women have no right to dress modest according to their religion, while for instance Catholic nuns have that right.

The Law is Equal for all in Muslim countries according to the local customs, and it should be the same in European nations according to their supposed principles.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques de Imbelloni View Post
    And they are not force by their familyes to be nuns, its a personal choice.
    Wearing a hijab is a personal choice Muslim women make or not. It is not uncommon to see in families some wearing hijab and others not. Neither is is unheard of that some start to wear hijab then take it off or the opposite.

I see this thread if fueled with stereotypes from members With very little knowledge about Islam. While I won't deny that in some cases some may indeed feel pressure from families to wear it, thats far from the case with all. You have a very condescending view of Muslim women thinking they can't make decision on their own. You are wrong. Just like Catholic nuns make the decision to wear veil for modesty some Muslim women do that as well. Of course you probably refuse to believe that to be the case, but that is due to Your bias against Muslims and not rooted in reality.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    That has nothing to do With hypocrisy. While there are dress codes in most Muslim countries the west prides itself on that People may wear what they wish. And that includes women walking around literally naked. But you want to punish Muslim women because you can't prance around in a mini-skirt in Muslim countries and get complete social acceptance for it? While that is the way it is there, the west has its own and it must extend its principles to all. However hijab is not a requirement in all Muslim countries.

So we can then conclude only European women have the liberty to wear what they like and are comfortable With, whereas Muslim women may only wear what Europeans are comfortable with them wearing? I mean if you base Your system on complete freedom in how to dress then you have no right to say Muslim women have no right to dress modest according to their religion, while for instance Catholic nuns have that right.

The Law is Equal for all in Muslim countries according to the local customs, and it should be the same in European nations according to their supposed principles.
    U know that in saudi arabia u get arrested if u wear in puplic christian symbols? People are free to decide whatever they want in their own countries

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Veils are sexy.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,563
    Given: 29,007

0 Not allowed!

Since a lot of members here are strongly opposed to let Muslim women have the freedom to wear the hijab even though its their personal Choice, I Wonder if you are as steadfast in demanding that Catholic nuns should also remove their veil? Or are you hypocrites about it?
    Nuns don't wear veils. Their faces are completely exposed. Anyway there are hardly any nuns anymore they would be a miniscule amount of the population. Most people never see nuns anymore. I don't even think most nuns even wear a habit anymore. Also nuns are members of a religious order it's not like all Catholic women wear a habit for instance.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,903

1 Not allowed!

Banning the Hijab is not enough. People should take the example of Geert Wilders, who very likely will become the next Prime-minister of The Netherlands. He proposes to ban all mosques. Islamic schools and asylum centres will be closed as well. The borders will be shut down with a blanket ban on migrants from Islamic countries; women will be forbidden from wearing a headscarf in public; and the Koran will be banned too.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,563
    Given: 29,007

1 Not allowed!

Since a lot of members here are strongly opposed to let Muslim women have the freedom to wear the hijab even though its their personal Choice, I Wonder if you are as steadfast in demanding that Catholic nuns should also remove their veil? Or are you hypocrites about it?
    I don't personally mind the hijab that Muslim women wear but I don't like the burka and I really feel that should be banned. That is seriously repressive.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information