Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanTurk View Post
    Lol vicious agenda against Greeks? What did I say that could be anti-Greek? I only stated facts. A Turk with an anti-Greek agenda would never say mainland Greeks are largely descended from ancient Greeks. I just said the rest of the Greeks have major admixture from other peoples, that's it. And I could care less about Sicilians, I just happen to have seen some DNA test videos of you and that's it. Stop being such a dramaqueen.
    Mainland Greeks have admixture from people of North/Eastern Europe, Anatolian Greeks from native Anatolians and Caucasus people. Why is this a surprise?

Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 08:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish from Greece and Macedonia
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Mainland Greeks have admixture from people of North/Eastern Europe, Anatolian Greeks from native Anatolians and Caucasus people. Why is this a surprise?
    It's not. I just responded to this hellenocentrist that thinks every single civilization and peoples that existed or lived in the Mediterranean were Greek and said Anatolian Greeks are descended from just Greek colonizers. As a response you tripped saying I am involving your people in a "vicious agenda against Greeks" lol dude you can literally go to hashtag AncestryDNA on instagram and see results of Sicilians yourself.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's not. I just responded to this hellenocentrist that thinks every single civilization and peoples that existed or lived in the Mediterranean were Greek and said Anatolian Greeks are descended from just Greek colonizers. As a response you tripped saying I am involving your people in a "vicious agenda against Greeks" lol dude you can literally go to hashtag AncestryDNA on instagram and see results of Sicilians yourself.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

I have seen them. Typically 70% Europe, 30% Middle East/Caucasus is typical.

Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 08:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish from Greece and Macedonia
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    I have seen them. Typically 70% Europe, 30% Middle East/Caucasus is typical.
    I could be wrong ofcourse, but around 80% is what I've observed. I remember this guy whose mom was full Sicilian and turned out to be 79% or more Italy/Greece. His dad's Iraqi, perhaps you've already seen his video on YouTube.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I could be wrong ofcourse, but around 80% is what I've observed. I remember this guy whose mom was full Sicilian and turned out to be 79% or more Italy/Greece. His dad's Iraqi, perhaps you've already seen his video on YouTube.

It's not that high. Sicilians are not that European.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 08:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Highlander Greek
    Ancestry
    Mountains....mountains Gandalf
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Alpine Pontid
    Hero
    Herodotus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,066
    Given: 11,454

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    I think it goes this way, please correct me if I'm wrong

MOST MENA

SEPHARDIC JEWS
    ASHKENAZIC JEWS
    PONTIC GREEKS
    GREEK ISLANDERS
    PENINSULAR SOUTH ITALIANS
    SICILIANS
    BALKAN GREEKS

MOST EUROPEAN
    Pontic people surpass the Central European looking Ashkenazis on West Asia % with ease

Last Online
    08-18-2021 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gr
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-L621, I-Y3548
    mtDNA
    H3h5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 180

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wvwvw View Post
    Asia Minor Greeks had the same descend as the rest of Greeks and how could they not when Asia Minor had been uninterruptly a part of Greece for millenia of years. The whole western Asia Minor was as Greek as Peloponnese and Crete. It was not Hellenized, it had been Greek territory since Minoan times.

If Crete had failed to become free, and was still part of Turkey today you'd too be a "refugee".

The Greek communities of the Middle east were never the majority of the population and have always been under foreign rule, especially after the Islamic conquests where most of them were wiped out or assimilated into Muslims precicely because they were a minority.

In Hellenistic times they were known by their tribal names and they lived in their own quarters of the city. The Greeks there knew exactly who their parents and grandparents were back to 40 or more generations. The entire system was tribal. Greeks were Greeks, Syrians were Syrians, Jews were Jews. Mixed marriages were extremely rare.

Although the Greek language was the linqua franca of the known world, they worshipped their Gods by their own names and spoke their native languages.

In short, you speak about things you know nothing about. The culture of Asia Minor Greeks was 100% Greek you clown. I saw you, cliaming in another thread that Asia Minor Greek cuisine was not Greek, how ludicrous is that. Every single dish in the Greek cusine existed Byzantine in Byzantium and exists also in other parts of the Balkans. Perhaps Asia Minor Greeks brought it there too? Clown!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAYP4irSyQ That's a good example of what you've said, from a linguistic perspective though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information