Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Y-DNA Movement In Europe Through Ages Illustrated In Maps.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo-Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 81

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    Zatrijebač (Albanian: Triesh) is a sub-region of Kuči, located in the "Kuči frontier" (Kučka Krajina), which also compose Orahovo, Koći and Fundina.[21]

The historical tribe of Zatrijebač, as well as Hoti, claim descendance from a certain Keq Preka.[22]

It's from wiki though. But there's is the book tribes of Albania which gives more info and not chetnik propaganda

Keq Preka was said to of hailed from Herzegovina highlands if I'm correct. I don't know if if this is believed to of been for the actual kuq.

Ydna distributions don't mean much at all.

J-ph1751 is barely even found in the rest of the Balkans regardless of where you put it's origin. AFAIK. We are most likely talking here of a bottleneck or founder.

A lot of Krasniqis tested for j2b2. This tribes founders certainly came from more north from what I read. Same with Hoti. Vasojevici are also of said to of come more north and are connected to kuq?

While fustan says his maternal side came from south. Which are possibly kuq.
    You may be right that some of these eventually came from the North and basically left no trace there. But those are just some oral tradition and I would take them as such.

However, I'm basing my theories based on present genetic evidence. When it comes to our subgroup of PH1751 I see no evidence that it came from further North, rather it expanded most likely from NC to NE Albania.

However, some of these E-V13 subclades may have come from further North, considering they are found there.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 1,346

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    Not that simple, the most common J2b2 cluster among us is PH1751 (close to half of our J2b2), and is almost non existent in Bosnia, not even one sample as far as I know, and quite thin up in Malesi e Madhe as well. All of their J2b2 up in Bosnia/Croatia seems to be under PH1602. As for Malesi e Madhe, only one Kastrati example so far who is PH1751. Shkreli who say came from Bosnia and part of Kelmendi are Y23094, while for Hoti and part of Krasniqi we are not certain yet what branch they fall in without SNP testing, but they don't look like they are PH1751.

The hot spot for PH1751, in other words of J2b2 among our lands seems to be Malesia e Gjakoves, all the way to Mirdita, so northeast Albania basically.
    The Krasniqi me and fustan match you think is not originally a Krasniq? So he was shal or gash? Certainly not gash.

I don't expect to find jph1751 or any other Albanian j2b in Bosnia. A lot of those lands were depopulated of it's indigenous population like dardania. Besides the ydna distribution there is a founder effect.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,501
    Given: 1,415

0 Not allowed!

IceT, do all Ghegs belong to tribes? Is there a cutoff border with Tosks? I have a friend from Preshevo and asked him what his tribe was and he does not know.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 09:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo-Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 81

0 Not allowed!

The Krasniqi me and fustan match you think is not originally a Krasniq? So he was shal or gash? Certainly not gash.

I don't expect to find jph1751 or any other Albanian j2b in Bosnia. A lot of those lands were depopulated of it's indigenous population like dardania. Besides the ydna distribution there is a founder effect.
    We do have a total of three Krasniqis who are under PH1751. One of them is tested at Geno. The fourth J2b2 Krasniq is actually matching the Hoti cluster and not related to the other two, so he may very well have been Hot originally. Therefore we see no evidence that Hoti and Krasniqi are related, even though both J2b2.

Fustan's situation is interesting. At first he thought he is Krasniq. But then one of his family members told him they are Shala. However it's clear Shala e fisit are R1b, and Fustan's haplotype is closest to Krasniq. And then we have you and another Gash who have the same haplotype as the other two Krasniq (three when we include the Geno tester). So make what you want of it lol.

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

0 Not allowed!

I don't know, it might be as Trojet stated that they are probably not related but I remain of opinion that they are until we actually test some confirmed Krasniqi brotherhoods from Tropoje, like Kolgecaj or Kolmeksh. We also have V13 Krasniqi so in all honesty we don't know which line Krasniqi i fisit belong to - most of our tested Krasniqi are from Kosove and Serbia who don't know which brotherhood they belong to, so we can't tie them to any of the brotherhoods from their tribal lands. What's interesting is that before Krasniqi settled Tropoje, in its current tribal territory was Gashi's centre, specifically in Selimaj of Geghysenaj. Gashi were pushed by them and displaced from their original tribal land, and I believe some they even absorbed - this is where I think they acquired/got their PH1751, therefore I am of the opinion that Gashi i fisit (original Gashi) belong to your cluster. The other two branches that joined forces, Shipshaj and Bardhet are V13-L241.

Not sure currently, he might be Krasniq or with origins from Mirdite or Shoshe and identified as Shale because of their tradition being related - Shala were more numerous and powerful in Kosove so makes sense. Pretty common phenomenon, for example Shllak in Kosove identify as Gash for the same reason - Shllaku, Gashi (only the Luzha branch now days, your cluster), Topllane and Megulle going by oral traditions descent from 4 brothers.
    Last edited by Skerdilaid; 03-01-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Zatrijebač (Albanian: Triesh) is a sub-region of Kuči, located in the "Kuči frontier" (Kučka Krajina), which also compose Orahovo, Koći and Fundina.[21]

The historical tribe of Zatrijebač, as well as Hoti, claim descendance from a certain Keq Preka.[22].
    Trieshi is not part of Kuqi, Koja e Kuqit is. Trieshi are split between the Anas (indigenous) and the Bankeqi descendants, who should be related to Hoti going by traditions. Nikprelaj, who are Triesh, most certianly Anas, have tested as BY611, so they belong to my cluster - old Hoti (Marashi from Podgorica who are with origins from Vuksanlekaj) have also tested as such and seem to be closely related to Nikprelaj.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alien
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    J2b1>PH4306>Y22066>?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,042
    Given: 1,392

0 Not allowed!

I don't know, it might be as Trojet stated that they are probably not related but I remain of opinion that they are until we actually test some confirmed Krasniqi brotherhoods from Tropoje, like Kolgecaj or Kolmeksh. We also have V13 Krasniqi so in all honesty we don't know which line Krasniqi i fisit belong to - most of our tested Krasniqi are from Kosove and Serbia who don't know which brotherhood they belong to. What's interesting is that before Krasniqi settled Tropoje, in its current tribal territory was Gashi's centre, specifically in Selimaj of Geghysenaj. Gashi were pushed by them and displaced from their original tribal land, and I believe some they even absorbed - this is where I think they acquired/got their PH1751, therefore I am of the opinion that Gashi i fisit (original Gashi) belong to your cluster. The other two branches that joined forces, Shipshaj and Bardhet are V13-L241.

Not sure currently, he might be with origins from Mirdite or Shoshe and identified as Shale because of their tradition being related - Shala were more numerous and powerful in Kosove so makes sense. Pretty common phenomenon, for example Shllak in Kosove identify as Gash for the same reason - Shllaku, Gashi (only the Luzha branch now days, your cluster), Topllane and Megulle going by oral traditions descend from 4 brothers.
    What about Krasniqi from Marevc, thats my mothers side, i might test them in near future. I know they are known for blood feuds but not much more.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    What about Krasniqi from Marevc, thats my mothers side, i might test them in near future. I know they are known for blood feuds but not much more.
    Not sure, they haven't tested yet.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alien
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    J2b1>PH4306>Y22066>?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,042
    Given: 1,392

0 Not allowed!

Not sure, they haven't tested yet.
    Any info on them? How can i know are they original Krasniq, surname sounds Islamized - Ibrahimi

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    Any info on them? How can i know are they original Krasniq, surname sounds Islamized - Ibrahimi
    I can look them up, but most likely they don't remember from which settlement of Krasniqi they originate, so won't help us much on regards to finding out what the Krasniqi i fisit are. Not surprising, Krasniqi are wholly Muslims, their brother Clan though Nikaj are all Catholic (the Catholic Krasniqi in western Kosove for example are Nikaj, but identify as Krasniq because of their influence and protection they offered them).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information