Can you solve the 'hardest logic puzzle ever?' The 'three gods' riddle asks you to appease alien overlords to save your life - but you don't know who's who
TedEd video reveals a puzzle in which you've crash landed on an alien planet
Must use carefully formulated questions to reveal identities of alien overlords
This would require creating hypothetical conditions in each of the questions
By Cheyenne Macdonald For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 20:33 GMT, 28 February 2017 | UPDATED: 20:41 GMT, 28 February 2017

Imagine you’re a space explorer and you’ve crash landed on an alien planet.

The only way to leave is to appease three alien overlords by giving each of them the correct artifact – but, you don’t know who is who, and you have just three questions to find out.

And, while you’ve deciphered their language to some extent, you don’t know which of the words ‘ozo’ and ‘ulu’ means yes and which means no.

This is the ‘hardest logic puzzle ever,’ according to a new TedEd video, and answering it requires carefully formulated questions that can work around your limitations.

Scroll down for video

The only way to leave is to appease three alien overlords by giving each of them the correct artifact – but, you don’t know who is who, and you have just three questions to find out. And, you don’t know which of the words ‘ozo’ and ‘ulu’ means yes and which means no

In the riddle, there are three alien overlords, each with a corresponding artifact.
An inscription on a rock reveals you can ask three yes or no questions, addressed to any one lord.
Overlord ‘Tee’ will always provide true answers, ‘Eff’ will always respond with a false answer, and ‘Arr’ will give random answers.
Still, you don’t know which between ‘ozo’ and ‘ulu’ means ‘yes,’ and which means ‘no.’
According to the video, the key to solving the riddle is to create a hypothetical condition in each question, and to include either ‘ozo’ or ‘ulu’ in your prompt.
If you were to ask a particular overlord whether two plus two equals four, for example, you might say: ‘If I asked you whether two plus two is four, would you answer “ozo”’?
In figuring out who’s who among the aliens, you’d first want to identify the one that definitely isn’t Arr, as his random answers are not reliable.

After doing this, you’ll need to determine whether that alien is Tee or Eff.
Then, ask that alien to identify one of the others.
According to the video, you should begin with the alien in the middle, asking, ‘If I asked you whether the overlord on my left is Arr, would you answer “ozo”?’
It’s possible that, in doing this, you are already speaking to Arr – and, the answer would be meaningless.
But, you also could be talking to Tee or Eff.
If either one of these responded ‘ozo’, this means your hypothetical question was correct, and the alien on the left is Arr.

[img]
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/28/18/3DCE031300000578-4268684-image-a-17_1488305805339.jpg[/img]
There are two possibilities that stem from this question: you could be talking to Arr, making the answers meaningless, or you're talking to Tee or Eff. If either one of these responded ‘ozo’, this means your hypothetical question was correct, and the alien on the left is Arr

HOW TO SOLVE IT

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4a1mEoRT1