Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    Sorry, but my question has nothing to do with your answer:
    troll game is weak, laberia. step it up. Im not even provoked.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios Chiotis View Post
    troll game is weak, laberia. step it up. Im not even provoked.
    There is nothing troll game. Was you who posted this:
    Observers writing during the Ottoman period recognized something like a linguisticallycoded caste structure with hereditary specializations. "The merchant," one source reported, "is a 'Greek', the intellectual a 'Serb', ... the shepherd a 'Vlach', the laborer a 'Bulgar' " (Recatas 1934:14).
    My question was and is simple. Can you tell me a serv intellectual from the period described by this author?
    What is troll game here?

Last Online
    10-03-2018 @ 02:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    illyrian
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a2* (E-V13)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Abubu View Post
    Man, I have always been saying this, so what's your point? Yes, we did indeed greatly effect other people genetically, so much that we are a sort of glue that pieces several populations together. The point in this thread, however, is that Tosks are strongly Slavic-admixed, while Ghegs aren't. It's obvious going from Y-DNA, which even understates the amount of Slavic genetic influence in the south because South Slavs aren't exclusively I2a and R1a, these two are just markers that are obviously not native, just like H, which is without doubt Gypsy.

And no, it doesn't say Albanians are descendants of any population, what it says that Albanians are descended from an originally small, cohesive population.
    I thought my first post would make it clear that this is not the case. All indications are that the Slav element in southern Albania is pretty much exclusively derived from the first waves of undifferentiated Slavs that swept the Balkans. Therefore the Slavic element belongs to the typically Slavic ydna markers and the proportions of Slav blood should be looked at from that perspective, as would be the case in Bulgaria or with Macedonians for example. The Bulgarian and Serb empires only held a few forts there for a certian amount of time, no indications that they settled the area with Slav-mixed EV13s and R1bs from Bulgaria and Serbia.

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    There is nothing troll game. Was you who posted this:

My question was and is simple. Can you tell me a serv intellectual from the period described by this author?
    What is troll game here?
    I am sorry, I just assumed that you were trolling, not that you were an actual moron. My apologies. Is it possible that something here can be posted and you actually understand it for once?

Can your pea-sized brain do anything except see the passage as a competition with Serbs? The point is not that Serbs were *actually* intellectuals, but that the in the Balkan cultural taxonomy, the Serb was an intellectual (i.e. all intellectuals were Serbs) all merchants were Greeks, all shepherds were Vlachs, etc. This is of course not my original assertion, but the one made in the cited peer-reviewed article by an American historian, so you shall have to take it up with her, my dear Mardaite.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 1,346

0 Not allowed!

lol toxic rat, did a different opinion from your national myth dismay ya? youre a big boy, you can handle that someone somewhere said something positive about a serb and didn't find the need to even mention an albanian. It isn't the end of the world. Oh, and mention of Serbs predates mention of Albanians, Arvanites, Arnauts, Arvanon, Arbereshe, Raban, Laban, etc. and so on...They are mentioned in Constantine's Administrisio di imperio, which I'd post, but you'll just ignore. You can just call them Slavs, if you prefer. Slavs were in Kosovo and North Albania in the 7th Century. Those Slavs, if they weren't already, would become Serbs. (and presumably, some of em would be come Albanians)

I don't see how a fragment of a source from the 11th century is a primary source for the 7th century. Do you understand what primary means? It means contermpoary, and we have very very few of them.
    Maybe the first wave of Slavs but certainly not the proto Serbs and Proto Croats.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    Maybe the first wave of Slavs but certainly not the proto Serbs and Proto Croats.
    There's no difference between those two things as far as I can tell. Proto-Slavs became Serbs and Croats.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am sorry, I just assumed that you were trolling, not that you were an actual moron. My apologies. Is it possible that something here can be posted and you actually understand it for once?

Can your pea-sized brain do anything except see the passage as a competition with Serbs? The point is not that Serbs were *actually* intellectuals, but that the in the Balkan cultural taxonomy, the Serb was an intellectual (i.e. all intellectuals were Serbs) all merchants were Greeks, all shepherds were Vlachs, etc. This is of course not my original assertion, but the one made in the cited peer-reviewed article by an American historian, so you shall have to take it up with her, my dear Mardaite.
    So, in your Balcan Taxonomy, servs were intellectuals but you can't tell me a serv intellectual. I like when you play with your tongue. Let me help you with the example of an great serv intellectual:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sali_Aga

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

EDIT.
    I don't see the passage as a competition with servs. I consider this an classic example of what i have always supported here. You are a troll. The only thing that you are able to do is searching in internet and without reading posting here. This is what i call davai style. When people start to rise logic questions, you behave as a schizophrenic.
    About the author, internet is full with every kind of "authors". Can you tell us, this idea of serv intellectual, is a personal impression of this author or he have read it somewhere?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

lol toxic rat, did a different opinion from your national myth dismay ya? youre a big boy, you can handle that someone somewhere said something positive about a serb and didn't find the need to even mention an albanian. It isn't the end of the world. Oh, and mention of Serbs predates mention of Albanians, Arvanites, Arnauts, Arvanon, Arbereshe, Raban, Laban, etc. and so on...They are mentioned in Constantine's Administrisio di imperio, which I'd post, but you'll just ignore. You can just call them Slavs, if you prefer. Slavs were in Kosovo and North Albania in the 7th Century. Those Slavs, if they weren't already, would become Serbs. (and presumably, some of em would be come Albanians)

I don't see how a fragment of a source from the 11th century is a primary source for the 7th century. Do you understand what primary means? It means contermpoary, and we have very very few of them.
    Administrando d'Impero is not the only sources. There are sources even older then Administrando where Albanians are mentioned:
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...=1#post3968832
    It's your Hammond.
    In the text of 11 century are mentioned all the know nations, not servs.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

imbecilic twat- why you wasting my time with all this unrelated tangent shit? this is about I2b and slav invasions concerning albania and north greece, not some splitting hairs about what is a Serb. And geezus christ, how much free time you have to just triple post? I didn't even read 2/3 of them. Go make a history club with CatGeorge, Hellenas, and Raine.
    Last edited by Scholarios; 03-07-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread Information