Ultra
    Religion
    Anti-Antimage
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,960
    Given: 9,127

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    I'm not sure you know what homogenous means. Homogenous means least amount of outside admixture(specifically recent, less recent outside admixture, more homogenous, Basques, Swedish/Finnish Lapps or Samis and Sardinians have been largely untouched by others, including other Spaniards/Scandos/Italians, so they are the most homogenous populations in Europe, but if you go far back enough they aren't homogenous).

The type of admixture would be irrelevant to how homogenous a population is, only whether the admixture occured, or how much, would be relevant to homogenity. What you're describing is the outside admixture in those populations(ANE) is further from native Europeans than Basal Eurasian is, kind of like SSA in Spaniards a more diverged component than extra MENA in Sicilians or w/e. Nothing really to do with homogenity.
    Homogeneous simply means less diversity within population. For example northernmost Italians plot very far from their southernmost compatriots, so we can deduce italians are not homogeneous by european standards
    Italians are more diverse than any northern european group(maybe except russians?? but I think that comes from russians mixing with finnics and other ethnics as they expanded their Empire eastwards)

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rethel of Retheley View Post
    But they are showing from what people came and what % they
    are now today, even if autolomals are in different propotions.
    Exactly my point.
    While on individual level haplogroups tell very little about one's ancestry and nothing about one's phenotype, that's not the case when we compare nations.
    For instance, it's no surprise I2a-Din peaks among West Balkanites.
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 12:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    Exactly my point.
    While on individual level haplogroups tell very little about one's ancestry and nothing about one's phenotype, that's not the case when we compare nations.
    For instance, it's no surprise I2a-Din peaks among West Balkanites.
    I2-Din most likely has origins outside of Balkans.

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Hero
    MrMalus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,957
    Given: 7,024

1 Not allowed!

Lulz at this Bulgarian nordicist

Taxonomy "Nordocromagnid"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Cop View Post
    I2-Din most likely has origins outside of Balkans.
    Debate is about certain subclades as there is a group called Dinaric-North, while Dinaric-South group is considered to have its origins in West Balkans.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xhak Bauër View Post
    Lulz at this Bulgarian nordicist

Taxonomy "Nordocromagnid"
    Pretty funny, Albo, but I have never promoted Nordic superiority of any type and especially I don't believe at all in attributing certain qualities to an entire phenotypical group (regardless which the group is).
    On the other hand, it's no surprise that some Albanians feel the need to post Gypsies and Blacks in my threads about Bulgarians.
    Speaks more about them than about me actually...

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Hero
    MrMalus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,957
    Given: 7,024

0 Not allowed!

Pretty funny, Albo, but I have never promoted Nordic superiority of any type and especially I don't believe at all in attributing certain qualities to an entire phenotypical group (regardless which the group is).
    On the other hand, it's no surprise that some Albanians feel the need to post Gypsies and Blacks in my threads about Bulgarians.
    Speaks more about them than about me actually...
    Check your threads and shut it. So yeah, Nordicist, I'm speaking of you on an individual level, not for all Bulgarians, don't be an idiot.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Japhethite: Indoeuropean. Sarmatian. Poldeutsch.
    Ancestry
    Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom.
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Christian Yahwism aka Arianism.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,490
    Given: 10,741

0 Not allowed!

While on individual level haplogroups tell very little about one's ancestry (...) that's not the case when we compare nations.
    In this part: quite opposite.

On individual level autosomals are sensless, becasue they
    are telling you nothing about ancestors, giving you nothing
    except coincidental soup of percentages from coincidental
    ascendents - something, what is obvious and gives nothing
    to the unit. On the other hand, autosomals can be helpfull
    in comparing some groups of people with not known look or
    ancestry (like for example Funnelbeaker, which ancestry is
    still don;t known, but becasue of autosomals we know that
    they in majority where anatolains, so probably they were
    G2 plus some minor clades, and look like people from the
    Levant, Transcaucasia and Anatolia and rest of Farmers.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    I don't get your reasoning or definition of homogenous... Dictionary.com says the definition is:

So what does it matter if it's recent or not? How are you genetically less diverse if you're like ~45% WHG, ~15% ANE and 40% basal Eurasian vs. ~30% whg, 60% basal EA and 7-8% ANE??
    I guess you mean that among Finns genetic diversity is not so large because they're a bottleneck pop.? I see what you mean, technically Sicilians are much less homogeneous than Finns are for example, but I think that overall n. Euros tend to be genetically less homogeneous due to having such diverse elements meaning that if they(the elements) vary the difference will be greater I presume. My logic might be flawed though, IDK if that is the case. Look at Swedes for example. Some plot with Brits others all the way with Finns, but I do get your point. I don't see how s. Euro groups are more are less homogeneous as their pop. clusters are usually less diverse compared to Swedes for example. Obv. the Irish or Icelanders are less diverse. Greeks are more since a lot of Greeks today have origins outside of Greece.
    Actually what you were getting at was a more accurate description of homogenity, I had a bit of a brain fart there. What I described could also be homogenity though.

I just thought that's a weird thing to try to make a point about because what you'd consider northern Europe or southern Europe would be highly subjective, it only really makes sense to compare country vs country. Where would central Europe fit in? If you compare Scandinavia to your typical southern Europe Italy/Spain/Greece, Scandinavia is way more homogenous. If you include NE Euros, Brits, North Germans, do you include Balkans for southern Europe, who would make it even more diverse? Larger countries are going to be more diverse, smaller countries are going to be less. The least diverse large countries would probably be Ukraine or France, the most diverse large countries would be(in order) Italy(probably the most diverse in Europe if you don't include non ethnic Russians), Russia, Spain. The least diverse large countries would be(in order) UK, Ukraine, France. The most diverse small countries would be Finland, Switzerland, Sweden or Greece, least diverse small countries would be Denmark, Lithuania and Serbia or something.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-28-2017 @ 11:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Gallo-Romance with a bit of Slavic.
    Ethnicity
    Québécois
    Ancestry
    Picard, Sardinian, Basque, Polish, Flemish, Gascon and some other ethnic group from so-called "South
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Acadia
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    Québécois
    Politics
    EAT YOUR HAIR
    Religion
    VIOLINIST
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,356
    Given: 7,733

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Actually what you were getting at was a more accurate description of homogenity, I had a bit of a brain fart there. What I described could also be homogenity though.

I just thought that's a weird thing to try to make a point about because what you'd consider northern Europe or southern Europe would be highly subjective, it only really makes sense to compare country vs country. Where would central Europe fit in? If you compare Scandinavia to your typical southern Europe Italy/Spain/Greece, Scandinavia is way more homogenous. If you include NE Euros, Brits, North Germans, do you include Balkans for southern Europe, who would make it even more diverse? Larger countries are going to be more diverse, smaller countries are going to be less. The least diverse large countries would probably be Ukraine or France, the most diverse large countries would be(in order) Italy(probably the most diverse in Europe if you don't include non ethnic Russians), Russia, Spain. The least diverse large countries would be(in order) UK, Ukraine, France. The most diverse small countries would be Finland, Switzerland, Sweden or Greece, least diverse small countries would be Denmark, Lithuania and Serbia or something.

No. But since you do not know anything about the history of France i forgive you !!

First:

The assertion that France is "homogeneous" racially speaking, is an absurdity: the "French people" do not exist, it is a republican narrative that was forged by the revolutionaries of the Revolution of 1789; These revolutionaries wanted to "unify" the country under a single national language, a single people (hence the term "French").

Second:

Prior to the Revolution of 1789, the provinces, languages ​​and various provincial ethnic groups were recognized by the ruling power (the monarchy). After the Revolution of 1789, all this no longer existed in the eyes of revolutionaries ... and so far, the Republic (which is the result of this revolution) does not recognize the existence of these different ethnic groups, languages ​​and provinces!

In fact, if you visit the different provinces (Brittany, Picardy, Gascony, Languedoc, etc.) you will quickly realize that all its differences still exist and the revolutionaries have never succeeded in suppressing all this.

When I say that there are differences between the different ethnic groups in France, there is also a difference in architecture that can be seen in the different provinces: Brittany, for example, will not have a Germanic style architecture, unlike Alsace.

As far as ethnic groups are concerned, it is enough to pass the Dna tests (not FTDNA, since it goes back to the ancestors at more than 2,000 years, it would have to be done on the 23andme, more recent on the level of the ancestors) to the different ethnic groups (which are predominantly Breton, gascogne, etc., without too much mixing) and look at the results to see the difference at the at the genetic level (and phenotype)!

So we must really ignore all these incontestable facts to say that France is "the least diverse"! It's ridiculous. But I suppose that to ignore all this, it must serve your specific political agenda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told you earlier "and so far, the Republic (which is the result of this revolution) does not recognize the existence of these different ethnic groups, languages ​​and provinces!"

But you know the Republic has pursued the republican concept: in addition to the fact that the Republic does not recognize any provincial language, ethnic groups or provinces; Republic does not take race into account. That is to say that you can be a negro and "become French" according to the Republic, because being French (republican term, I repeat) is "adhere to the values of the republic".
    Flag Counter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information